Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Camera Obscura
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 10:31 PM   #1
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Any fans? I'm listening to "Let's Get Out of This Country." Really good album. I have all 3 albums, but no singles or EPs.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:35 PM   #3
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
You need to get Biggest Blue Hi-Fi, their first album, for sure.

On one of their singles they do a tribute to The Aislers Set, I think it's called "San Francisco." The Aislers Set is another band I like.

Old 06.14.2006, 11:03 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't there 2 Camera Obscuras?
Old 06.14.2006, 11:06 PM   #6
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Yes, the one we are discussing is from Scotland. Their first single was produced by Stuart Murdoch.

Old 06.14.2006, 11:07 PM   #7
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I dig the one on 31g records.
Old 06.15.2006, 12:04 AM   #8
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the one from SD was great. Haven't heard the one from Scotland. Heard the drummer is in DIE PRINCESS DIE...those guys are incredible too. I got to see Camera Obscura once so long ago I can't even remember much about them except they were loud.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:21 AM   #9
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
My imdie as niggas listen to it
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:56 AM   #10
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
I've got Underachievers.... and love every bit of it. It was a hard decision between that and the new B&S at the time (dear catastrophy waitress). Listened to the B&S in the store, and went with Camera Obscura without knowing how they sounded. And i've never regretted it!!!

Their shows are okay, they pretty much go through the motions and drink tea, with the male vocalist chainsmoking when he's not singing. But very well worth it for 10$!
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:58 AM   #11
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
You need to get Biggest Blue Hi-Fi, their first album, for sure.

On one of their singles they do a tribute to The Aislers Set, I think it's called "San Francisco." The Aislers Set is another band I like.

Indeed, the Aislers Set are good. I saw them opening for Belle and Sebastian in 2001 (I think), and they were great. Never got around to buying one of their albums, they were pretty hard to find at the time (on some obscure label from SF)
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 07:17 AM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the scottish c obscura are pretty good. real nice coffee house indiecana
Old 06.15.2006, 10:26 AM   #13
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Indeed, the Aislers Set are good. I saw them opening for Belle and Sebastian in 2001 (I think), and they were great. Never got around to buying one of their albums, they were pretty hard to find at the time (on some obscure label from SF)

If you like The Aislers Set, you would probably also like The Softies, Go Sailor, All Girl Summer Fun Band, and Rose Melberg, which are all related....oh yeah, and The Fairways. Also, somewhat different but still related are Henry's Dress and Rocketship.

Bands which are not related but share mutual admiration are The Essex Green, The Ladybug Transistor and The Clientele.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth