Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY for kids
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2008, 11:50 AM   #61
diskaholic-anonymous
stalker

diskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's asses
do you think thurston and kim made coco sleep or when they play with her with total trash, bull in the heather, sympathy for the strawberry, kill your idols...??? i don't think so.
S.Y sound it's better for a kid with 9 or 10 years and so on, less than that it's a little violent and "corrosive" for their innocent minds.
diskaholic-anonymous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 08:49 PM   #62
ellesibee
empty page

ellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
do you think thurston and kim made coco sleep or when they play with her with total trash, bull in the heather, sympathy for the strawberry, kill your idols...??? i don't think so.
S.Y sound it's better for a kid with 9 or 10 years and so on, less than that it's a little violent and "corrosive" for their innocent minds.

nooo, it's totally not too corrosive for young, innocent minds. Some songs may be deemed "inappropriate..." like I wouldn't play panty lies to a 4 year old, but playing the diamond see at naptime? That could be golden.
ellesibee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 09:16 PM   #63
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous

look at the stuff I loved when I was a kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwNPaYoTY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlM5V...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M16za...eature=related

All of that stuff is a bit avant garde in my opinion.

If little kids can get down to Stravinsky I think they can get into Sonic Youth.

Also my nephew danced to Polysics "Kaja Kaja Gooooo" before he could walk.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 04:59 AM   #64
diskaholic-anonymous
stalker

diskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's asses
ok...music is a great way to estimulate the creative mind of a young child, but parents should be careful with that cause in these "macdonalds days" they learn everything fast and became "early adults" than usually.
Anyway Sonic Youth could be a good influence for them, only depends of the parents and the way they explain the meaning of SY sound.
diskaholic-anonymous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 07:12 AM   #65
ellesibee
empty page

ellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really nice
SpectralJulianIsNotDead- It's kind of sad how kids these days don't really watch the classic Disney films... I remember heffalumps and woozles being such a great song for kids, even 15 years ago! And I haven't seen a child watching Fantasia in ages, either... now all they want to watch is the far too mature "High School Musical" and "Hannah Montana..." which can be wayyyy beyond the grasp of the preschooler's mind.

So diskaholic-anonymous, I totally understand your point. I don't want to be the cause for making some children grow up too quickly and lose their childhood sooner than they should. But at the same time, I don't want to limit the kids' exposure... it's a touchy subject, I can see...
ellesibee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth