Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Lightning Bolt in Brooklyn, 9/13/08
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.14.2008, 04:03 PM   #1
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Null

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2008, 05:01 PM   #2
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i am jealous. and now i want to bone that chick in the skirt

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2008, 05:19 PM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks! hope I see LB again sometime soon. a band which make me jump around even if I don't intend to.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2008, 05:43 PM   #4
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
i was there...i thought krallice were fucking great (already a fan) and pretty much agree with you on growing and whatever that first dude was...and thank god no age didnt show up to bore us to death...lb was pretty damn fun, and this was one of the most out of control crowds ive seen for them...the power lines and most of gibsons gear was almost brought down within 30 sec. of them beginning...new stuff sounds fun...maybe someday they'll record it

side note---i know lb shows make for an incredible experience because of the shithouse mad crowd, but is anyone listening anymore? they fucking go nuts for the soundcheck/warmup business

another side note---the mosh pit for growing was way cuter than the krallice one
chairman of the bored is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I was there and I agree with you there should be no "safety crew", crowd would self police just fine I think. Making a security staff cordon around the drum kit just incites more pushing, setting up an us vs them thing, if it was all fans there would have been a lot less pushing I think. If you saw Black Pus (Brian Chippendale solo) earlier this year, there was no safety crew and hardly any pushing.

I wonder how its gonna go at Catskills now next weekend, if they get professional security it could get ugly I think. although the crowd will be much different too, so maybe it wont be a problem at all, however I still dont think any security people should be stationed there around the drums.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 12:09 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i havnt seen the bolt in so long (three years), after seeing them pretty consistenyly for a long time, i need bolt! krallice i bet rules live too.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 04:52 PM   #7
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
The show was a lot of fun but every time LB comes to NYC the crowd seems to get more pushy and aggressive. You could tell how pissed Chippendale was getting, making everyone "sit down and whistle!" Of course, it's all part of the magic of a Lightning Bolt show. The new new songs were excellent and I read on BV that Chippendale mentioned the new record coming out in late spring, hopefully that's not a dumb rumor.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 09:29 AM   #8
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I think another reason for the crazy pushing was that Brian took hell of a long time to get his stuff ready, and I thought he was fucking around for a part of that time, like when he asked if anyone had a 9 volt battery. From the time he got his electronics going it took him about 20 minutes to get his stuff in order, and the crowd was just getting more and more anxious I guess for them to start playing. anyway, memorable gig, I would go see them again anytime, although next time I will probably try go grab a spot to the side or in back.
Old 09.16.2008, 08:06 PM   #9
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
anyway, memorable gig, I would go see them again anytime, although next time I will probably try go grab a spot to the side or in back.
The side was barely any less hectic, I got quite a few good shoves over on Chippendale's side about 3 people behind the front.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 12:37 AM   #10
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i was down the street working.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 08:12 AM   #11
Georgekrz
stalker

this is the end of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ZeNNQPSSg

"Sit down, hold hands, and whistle" is a classic line, I also liked
"Everybody take a step back toward the porto-potties"
Old 09.17.2008, 08:36 AM   #12
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod

The line-up was Daily Life (there were influences of Suicide and darkwave, with a slight hipster veneer...

SHIT I'm kinda more interested in this.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth