Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page do bitches like hairless men?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.24.2008, 07:48 PM   #41
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
you like this hairless near-woman?

or this manly man who spreads his seed and has enough testosterone for himself and his partner?

If I had to pick it would definitely be the first one (can we have a less gay looking option though perhaps??), the 70s/80s bear look never much appealed to me so I can't pick the second one
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 12:37 AM   #42
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
porky that was an excellent example
that man is the total opposite of attractive (on the beach)
he has a fucking moustache for christs sake!

So thast guy would be attractive without body hair?
Old 01.25.2008, 12:36 PM   #43
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
So thast guy would be attractive without body hair?

I think that's what she's implying here

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 12:50 PM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
If I had to pick it would definitely be the first one (can we have a less gay looking option though perhaps??), the 70s/80s bear look never much appealed to me so I can't pick the second one

hairy men is not a "fashion" nor a "look", it is jujst how men are.
it is the way of nature. harilessness for men in western culture use dto be a necessity for athletes like swimmers who wanted to streamilne their flow through water, or for body builders who wanted to allow judges to see their muscular definition. Now it is more of a narcissim.
Old 01.25.2008, 06:07 PM   #45
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
it is the way of nature. harilessness for men in western culture use dto be a necessity for athletes like swimmers who wanted to streamilne their flow through water, or for body builders who wanted to allow judges to see their muscular definition. Now it is more of a narcissim.

What I was referring to is that in the 70s especially it was seen as desirable for a man to have a hairy chest just like now it is seen as desirable not to have one and in that way I see it as a look since it was linked to that hippie aesthetic. I am aware all too well that hair growth is a natural thing and can only be controlled in that you remove the hair temporarily, and despite how it developed for men some men are now removing their hair on purpose just like women do. If hair removal is narcissism in men is it narcissism in women or do you think guys would prefer this?:

Old 01.25.2008, 06:26 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think guys are TRAINED by societal mores to prefer hairless women, especially in the past 20 years where mass culture has sexualized girls younger and younger, and also because of the increasing pervasiveness of porbnography in our culture. pubic hair serves a purpose, so does armpit hair. hair acts like B-B's, allowing for movement without much friction. It also helps maintain odor, back from our pre-civilized days when odor was a marker, and humans use dtheir sense of smell to recognize each other.

in europe and asia and africa many women do not shave their armpits. the men over there don;t seem to give a fuck, they still get mad stiff, wet spots all over the front of their trousers.

in the 70's it was not that it was necesarily desirable to have a thick bed of hair on your chest. what was desirable was to leave all your hair, head, legs, and chest, "natural" whether that meant a lot of hair or a little. those gold medallions had to rest on something!
Old 01.25.2008, 06:31 PM   #47
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Now it is more of a narcissim.

Unless you (I am speaking in the general "you" here) live in a house with no mirrors and get all your clothes from a charity shop free box while blindfolded, a certain amount of so-called "narcissism" goes into every single clothing and personal grooming choice you make every single day of your life.

You might have a beard, but it doesn't go down to your knees.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 07:00 PM   #48
Kina
children of satan

Hehe well nature is practical, it even has a place for the odd gold medallion. But yeah I know about the cultural norms in terms of hair and how they developed, I'm just trying to say that just like how it has been considered attractive for a women to have no bodily hair that I think that this is becoming something that applies to men too, and hey it's not natural but natural isn't always the most desireable thing to all people.

Ofcourse being actually attracted to a person in real life is a totally different story to simply being given the choice of two photographs, a great personality really makes or breaks it for me at least, not how hairy someone is.
Old 01.25.2008, 07:02 PM   #49
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
"Believe me, there'd be plenty of women going for the pig-men. No
matter what the deformity you'll find some group of perverts
attracted to it. 'Oo that little tail turns me on.'" Jerry Seinfeld, "The Bris"
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 07:38 PM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

for the recorfd, - stop calling women bitches!
Old 01.25.2008, 07:39 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Unless you (I am speaking in the general "you" here) live in a house with no mirrors and get all your clothes from a charity shop free box while blindfolded, a certain amount of so-called "narcissism" goes into every single clothing and personal grooming choice you make every single day of your life.

You might have a beard, but it doesn't go down to your knees.

it will when I get older!
Old 09.20.2009, 12:54 PM   #52
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Roberta, that's so not true. Try registering on this (http://www.eurowoof.com/) website if you are a skinny, hairless woman-boy, and see the sort of reply you will get from the site owners. Unless you happen to be as liberatingly sexy like me, of course. Or yourself. It's not just a fashion, it's an entire subculture.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 01:00 PM   #53
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Not that you're my type, you understand. Too effeminate.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 01:07 PM   #54
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think guys are TRAINED by societal mores to prefer hairless women, especially in the past 20 years where mass culture has sexualized girls younger and younger, and also because of the increasing pervasiveness of porbnography in our culture. pubic hair serves a purpose, so does armpit hair. hair acts like B-B's, allowing for movement without much friction. It also helps maintain odor, back from our pre-civilized days when odor was a marker, and humans use dtheir sense of smell to recognize each other.

in europe and asia and africa many women do not shave their armpits. the men over there don;t seem to give a fuck, they still get mad stiff, wet spots all over the front of their trousers.

in the 70's it was not that it was necesarily desirable to have a thick bed of hair on your chest. what was desirable was to leave all your hair, head, legs, and chest, "natural" whether that meant a lot of hair or a little. those gold medallions had to rest on something!

yup. i've mentioned this before but i dont shave under my arms. when i went to copenhagen i was very low on cash (the american exchange rate blew) so i decided to take the opportunty to not buy a razor and see what happened. i grew to love my arm pit hair. my girlriend loves it too. if it was smelly or something i would shave it, but it's completely managable. i'm glad that i no longer have to deal with that prickly just shaved feeling. i find it kinda funny that i can fuck with so many people's notions of femininity just by raising my arms.

<--- i love that fur.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 01:13 PM   #55
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
i find it kinda funny that i can fuck with so many people's notions of femininity just by raising my arms.

The best way to fuck with someone's notions of femininity is to have a dick.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 01:19 PM   #56
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Do you actually know any Europeans? Because I know quite a few from many different Euro countries, and they're all extremely against any body hair, even on men.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 01:20 PM   #57
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Sean Connery was James Bond. Nuff said.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 02:29 PM   #58
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I pick the girl in the second picture.

I wouldn't mind if she were a tad hairy down there-y.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 02:49 PM   #59
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i've missed this thread

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2009, 05:00 PM   #60
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
Do you actually know any Europeans? Because I know quite a few from many different Euro countries, and they're all extremely against any body hair, even on men.

indeed, not shaving your armpits or legs or whatever is quite excpetional here :P

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth