Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands You Are Curious About Hearing
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2006, 03:14 PM   #101
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Copper and the Bloody Nose
Old 06.12.2006, 05:33 PM   #102
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
Thanks to you britons circle only play (probably) one gig in finland this year (and it already happened, but I couldn't afford the £68 train tickets to helsinki and back, later heard it was amazing though).
So cheers a fuckin lot!

why is that our fault?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 06:15 PM   #103
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
why is that our fault?

It's also the fault of the nation of Ireland, because of the band's minitour in that country earlier this year.
Somebody's paying the band too generously and giving them opportunities to tour foreign countries which leads to a situation where I'm not able to see ´em.

But seriously, based on their touring schedule of the last few years, you have better chances to witness them live if you live in the UK or the states.

I'm also blaming the finnish gig organizers for being such pussies.

(yes, you can sense that this is written during a fit of bitterness)

Btw, here's an recent interview for anyone who cares:
http://www.monkeyclaus.org/?p=49
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 07:06 PM   #104
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I am also interested in checking out Acid Mothers Temple. I heard them at a friend's/Inhuman's house and I thought they were really interesting.
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 07:09 PM   #105
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's also the fault of the nation of Ireland, because of the band's minitour in that country earlier this year.
Somebody's paying the band too generously and giving them opportunities to tour foreign countries which leads to a situation where I'm not able to see ´em.

But seriously, based on their touring schedule of the last few years, you have better chances to witness them live if you live in the UK or the states.

I'm also blaming the finnish gig organizers for being such pussies.

(yes, you can sense that this is written during a fit of bitterness)

Btw, here's an recent interview for anyone who cares:
http://www.monkeyclaus.org/?p=49

HA! Well I'll be seeing their London show, FOR SURE.
Old 06.12.2006, 07:22 PM   #106
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I am also interested in checking out Acid Mothers Temple. I heard them at a friend's/Inhuman's house and I thought they were really interesting.
AMT are pretty cool but they have like 10 million different releases, most collaborating with other bands. But for the most part, they do some cool noise with a bunch of psychadelic stuff.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 07:27 PM   #107
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
HA! Well I'll be seeing their London show, FOR SURE.

In case that's an attempt to exasperate me, then you fail because my friends who've seen them a couple of times have been viciously doing that for a period of time already. I can cope with it.

But I strongly advise you to go and maybe get a couple of their albums, and speaking of which, I'm sure I own more circle albums than anyone else here.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 08:21 PM   #108
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
and speaking of which, I'm sure I own more circle albums than anyone else here.

i'm going to hazard a guess that i own more fushitsusha records than anyone here, although i doubt anyone is envious of that

my two pence:

mouthus - their slow globes LP is very good and grew on me a lot, if you can't find it then download it because it came out in a limited quantity

high rise - superb, like a spazzed out Band of Gypsys meets motorhead, get whatever records you can

comets on fire - these guys are similar to high rise in a way, although not so much motorhead more of a spaced out blue cheer, field recordings from the sun is a great record.

Charalambides - these guys are one of my favourite bands around at the moment, joy shapes is an easily obtainable and great record, most of their releases are very limited though. their siltbreeze releases from the 90s, market square, union and houston (out of print, and sometimes a little pricey) are quite different to the later stuff, more song based but excellent too. then there's all the side projects & solo stuff....

Bardo Pond - amanita, lapsed & on the ellipse are my 3 favourites, but they're a difficult band to go wrong with. big laughing jym isn't so good. make sure you see them live before you die.

roy montgomery - check out hash jar tempo, his super-group with bardo pond. i have a split 7" by him and the azusa plane which is really really wonderful too, i got it for about £1 on ebay. and temple IV is lovely album.

merzbow - rainbow electronics (the first one) is pretty much the best noise record i've ever heard, there's so much detail. it's probably quite difficult to find outside japan so soulseek might be the best option.

Redman - muddy waters is supposed to be the best redman album although i haven't heard it, he's a good rapper and everything, but the albums i've heard from him have been a bit patchy, but he's done some great tracks for sure.

the shadow ring - you can get their 7"s cheap on ebay, and they're all very good and weird. otherwise i'd recommend Hold On To I.D. or Lighthouse as they're very good and probably not impossible to track down. their last record I'm Some Songs was shit though.

Fushitsusha - get anything they put out up to the year 2000, avoid everything after that. PSF 50 "pathetique" is a good one to start with.

Yoshimi & Yuka - really nice and unique
The For Carnation - what porkmarras said
Kites - rubbish
God Is My Co-Pilot - rubbish
Chrome - half machine lip moves!
Archie Shepp - i've never really got the appeal with shepp
Third Eye Foundation - what pork said
Experimental Audio Research - from what i've listened to/seen live you aren't missing much
Tangerine Dream - Zeit, Alpha Centauri
Windy And Carl - instrospection, depths, conciousness, terrastock 6 live set too
the Incredible String Band - the hangman's beautiful daughter, layers of the onion.

Khanate - i don't get it with this band at all, i'd just say listen to early swans instead
Old 06.12.2006, 09:46 PM   #109
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm going to hazard a guess that i own more fushitsusha records than anyone here, although i doubt anyone is envious of that

I am way envious of that, i have a copy of the first double life album and its amazing. I would like to get some but the only store in Sydney who had them closed down and they cost $33 each on CD. Damn Australian dollar being worth so little!!
Old 06.13.2006, 02:25 AM   #110
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
their last record I'm Some Songs was shit though.

Really? I have heard good things about it. What's so bad about it?

You can get their quite easily. You can get them direct from the Swill Radio site although it seems to be down at the moment.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:11 AM   #111
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Can i also mention that E.A.R. had Eddie Prevost in their ranks and he is one to be revered?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:35 AM   #112
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

the EAR record i have also has kevin shields on.

Iain, i'm some songs is just noodling inept keyboard improv. no songs, no lyrics and none of the music sounds like it was made by them banging things in a garden shed on a rainy day. anyway, 3 of their albums are out of print and tend to go for at least £25 on ebay
Old 06.13.2006, 05:41 AM   #113
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Kevin Shields.

Old 06.13.2006, 05:45 AM   #114
porkmarras
invito al cielo

At one point i'll up 'California Nocturne',wich has Kevin Shields,Eddie Prevost and Sonic Boom playing together.

Old 06.13.2006, 06:41 AM   #115
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
3 of their albums are out of print and tend to go for at least £25 on ebay

Which ones are OOP may I ask?
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 10:16 AM   #116
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm going to hazard a guess that i own more fushitsusha records than anyone here, although i doubt anyone is envious of that...

i'm also envious of that!! in fact, i haven't downloaded any fushit albums since i want to get the ones that are in print and then download and burn everything that's not...might do it the other way around if i have enough disc space and when i get more cd-rs.

the new charalambides, a vintage burden, is very fucking awesome. i definitely like what i heard; tom and christina carter solo are pretty cool also (those i heard before charalam).

as for acid mothers temple, i say start with univers zen ou de zero a zero and then go from there. some albums are more quiet (minstrel in the galaxy) or louder/heavier (pretty much everything done as the cosmic inferno).

i'll give some insight on others later on when i have more time.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 10:47 AM   #117
elix it
bad moon rising

elix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asses
Thinking? Boy, you best get on that.
elix it is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 10:04 PM   #118
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Which ones are OOP may I ask?

waxwork echos
city lights
put the music in its coffin

plus the LPs on swill radio are limited to 500 copies hundred i believe

get the 7"s if you can, mouth on mouse, tiny creatures and some of us/wallet of wasps are all superb
Old 06.13.2006, 10:54 PM   #119
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
im not really interested in hearing in any new bands at the moment.

There literally are no places where I live to look for anything new, interesting or on vinyl. I only have fucking Best Buy and WalMart. And even in the city you cant find shit...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 02:16 AM   #120
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
im not really interested in hearing in any new bands at the moment.

There literally are no places where I live to look for anything new, interesting or on vinyl. I only have fucking Best Buy and WalMart. And even in the city you cant find shit...

That type of predicament invariably leads to nihilism, or so I've heard.

heheh
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth