Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Animal Collective live
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.21.2006, 12:24 PM   #1
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
I saw Animal Collective at the Orange Peel in Asheville last night. I seriously can't figure out how some people would choose to see stereolab over a show like AC. It was a great show, very loud and intense. There were a lot of scene kids there, but I guess there always are in places like Asheville. The opening band Nix Noltes started off kinda slow, so I left to go smoke, and when I came back their sound had completely changed into a more sinister one, which I enjoyed.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I'd love to see Animal Collective live. I'm more into their fast-paced, dancy stuff like "Grass" as opposed to their slower stuff. I only have the album Feels, I plan to check out some of their older stuff. I've never heard any artist like them, they're loud and use tonnes of echoes and effects to produce electrifying, unique songs.
Old 03.21.2006, 12:34 PM   #3
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
They played 3 songs from Feels (Banshee Beat, Grass, and Purple Bottle) and played We Tigers from Sung Tongs. That was a nice surprise since they are known for not playing songs that are on albums. The new stuff was wild, and much darker than anything on Feels.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2006, 07:40 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yes!!!!
i'm going to see them on friday @ the recher in towson/baltimore
anyone else going?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2006, 11:42 PM   #5
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
They're going to coachella...yes!
Old 03.21.2006, 11:45 PM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'd love to hear "Who Could Win A Rabbit?" or "Leaf House" Live.

Sung Tongs is Fantastic.
Old 03.21.2006, 11:46 PM   #7
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them as a two piece at the Kitty Cat Klub in Minneapolis about 3 years ago. They were pretty great. I'm glad they are so successful.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 12:47 AM   #8
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Seeing them on Friday. It's sort of a homecoming show, so it should be exciting. I'm also seeing and taping the Silver Jews show tomorrow, and since a few of the AC guys are big fans, I'm gonna try to give them a copy since the tours are happening at the same time.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 12:48 AM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I wanted to see them on this tour sooo bad. I caught them last year and it was pretty much ther same deal... All new songs with we tigers and maybe who could win a rabbit (it was honestly to noisey and long ago for me to know)/ But it was great. Ariel pink haunted graffiti opened for them... and let's just say I had seen them open for slint and a second time around was really uneccesary.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 12:50 AM   #10
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I totall forget Ariel opened for Slint. That's the craziest of crazy.
Old 03.22.2006, 12:55 AM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i have to say that feels, in retrospective isn't as good, i mean, i really don't want to listen to it again, it's like my brain feels like it's enough.

some random thought

prospect hummer ep, on the other hand, is close to being genius

i liked sung tongs a lot better than feels
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 01:04 AM   #12
Dan
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i have to say that feels, in retrospective isn't as good, i mean, i really don't want to listen to it again, it's like my brain feels like it's enough.

some random thought

prospect hummer ep, on the other hand, is close to being genius

i liked sung tongs a lot better than feels

Yeah, I really felt like I was done with Feels after the first month and a half or so. I avoided the leak and waited even long for the vinyl to come out to. I guess I'm just way more excited by the new songs, especially one called Fireworks, which are way above a lot of everything they've done so far. And I only realized how incredible Prospect Hummer was not too long ago when the songs would get into my head without having even listened to them in a month. I still think Campfire Songs is on top of everything from Here Comes the Indian on, however.
Old 03.22.2006, 01:08 AM   #13
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno, i kinda get the thing about feels wearing off. I mean, I love it but haven't spun it in awhile. Sung Tongs probably has the best staying power of them yet... but then again, I haven;t really listened to here comes the indian... shame on me.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 03:32 AM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Seeing them on Friday. It's sort of a homecoming show, so it should be exciting. I'm also seeing and taping the Silver Jews show tomorrow, and since a few of the AC guys are big fans, I'm gonna try to give them a copy since the tours are happening at the same time.

hah, you are in baltimore huh? i was trying to get tix for the silver jews show but it's sold out... know anybody w/ a couple of extras?

(might still go & try if there are scalpers... saw a couple @ stereolab's line today) --> awesome show by the way
Old 03.22.2006, 03:36 AM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Baltimore? Good luck.
Old 03.22.2006, 05:03 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Baltimore? Good luck.

decided not to go after all. have work to do while here & gotta save some time for the ac/ recher show... have fun @ the silver jews
Old 03.22.2006, 05:10 PM   #17
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Im seein AC at coachella and I cannot wait. Should be an excellent show.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 05:14 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you might want to look at this

http://216.70.73.169/gossip/showthread.php?t=141
Old 04.27.2008, 04:34 AM   #19
purplebumblebee
bad moon rising

purplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's asses
Will be seeing Animal Collective next month in Dublin, cant wait, until then i have youtube!
Old 04.27.2008, 04:43 AM   #20
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
they are great live, the vids on youtube are not a great way to get the live feel, cause most of what they do is really loud electronica, and the vids on youtube miss a lot off the sounds. just sayin itys much better at the show (duh)

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth