Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2015, 08:18 PM   #46701
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
does he neg rep everyone as bad as me? it's like I've figured him out but still wants to ghost punch me.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2015, 08:21 PM   #46702
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
and Severian is a nice guy
Old 05.24.2015, 10:18 PM   #46703
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
and Severian is a nice guy

Wait, though, were you saying that *I* neg ripped you?

I don't think I've ever beg repped anyone except for Genteel Death.

After all, What's the point? It's only fun to positive rep people over and over until the interface makes you stop. Then you get to quote the SYG message, and publicly positive rep someone.

I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys how that works at least as much as I do.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2015, 10:24 PM   #46704
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

No!!, I was talking about Genteel. I PMed you a couple of times and you were very gracious and nice though a little weary of my earnestness.
Old 05.24.2015, 10:40 PM   #46705
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

thought I made myself pretty clear. wtf!
Old 05.24.2015, 10:57 PM   #46706
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Love you all.
Old 05.24.2015, 10:58 PM   #46707
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hey, Now... I've never been anything but nice to you. I know we disagree about some bands and stuff, but I've never thought you were uncool because of your taste in music. I honestly don't think like that. I think judging people based on the music they listen to is insanely stupid, and I feel that people should be able to completely disagree about music and still be totally civil and even friendly with one another.

Honestly, when I see your name, I read your posts because I have always liked you. So I'm not sure why you think I'm "better" than anyone, least of all you. But if I've given you that impression I truly do apologize.

And finally, if you read more of my posts you'd know that I am a massive fan of a lot of the artists you listed. The Kinks and Captain Beefheart especially. I'm a total drooling fanboy for both, as well as the Stooges and Bowie and VU. Old music is great!

I really would love to be done talking about this now, because I'm not interested in having unproductive, negative conversations. But I'm a little shocked to hear how you think of me. I wanted to let you know that I see things totally differently. I don't care what music you like. Well- actually I do. I like talking about music, even if it's music I don't like. But I don't dislike you because you like Led Zeppelin. And I'm pretty careful not to say "Led Zeppelin sucks," because it's not objectively true. I try to say "they're not my kind of thing, but I enjoy this song and that song well enough."

anyway, my apologies if I've ever made you feel judged, or given you the impression that I thought you were inferior. Maybe I should be saying this in a pm, but his is how I feel about everyone. I judge people for how they treat others, more than anything else. You're not an asshole to people, so you're a-ok with me.
I think you have a little bit misunderstood me. I didnīt mean you personally have been dislaked me. I just think you are the ones who are respected here and I am the ones that not. I didnīt remember you ever said something "your opinions are stupid" to me like many others has done. Also, itīs not just me, there are many others who put some comment, or maybe some recommendation of some album and no-one regognises it at all. So thatīs what I am talking about, not that youīre personally has put me down.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2015, 11:19 PM   #46708
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

you shouldn't come here for respect. bad ideal. Severian likes what he likes and others agree or disagree, mainly in the hip hop thread because that's what him and his café buddies like. I've agreed with tons of stuff here from you. but then again maybe not. no one is looking for fans. at least not me. I know your English bad but that's what makes this forum or any forum so intriguing and attractive.
Old 05.24.2015, 11:21 PM   #46709
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

neither is my English all that great too.
Old 05.24.2015, 11:36 PM   #46710
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

I could hang here or another forum with 30+ somethings that have beards with overly rockist beer attitudes waiting for heavy rock saviors. but I don't like all that(only sometimes) and I've been stealing music since time began.
Old 05.25.2015, 12:07 AM   #46711
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think you have a little bit misunderstood me. I didnīt mean you personally have been dislaked me. I just think you are the ones who are respected here and I am the ones that not. I didnīt remember you ever said something "your opinions are stupid" to me like many others has done. Also, itīs not just me, there are many others who put some comment, or maybe some recommendation of some album and no-one regognises it at all. So thatīs what I am talking about, not that youīre personally has put me down.

Well, I agree that we shouldn't be looking for fans. None of us. But I also see where you're coming from. Nobody likes to be ignored.

I'll try to do my part, and keep an eye out for these people you speak of. I'll try to be respectful and make them feel welcome. Seriously.

But I would suggest people who have a hard time being heard here steer clear of posting recommendations, and spend more of their energy on engaging in conversations that are already in progress. That's the way to make connections, I think. If that's what you're looking for.
Old 05.25.2015, 12:10 AM   #46712
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
thought I made myself pretty clear. wtf!

Yah you did. I read the posts upside down because I am a genius.

And we've always been cool as far as I know. You say ridiculous things, and I'm into that. Especially since you don't try to run people's undies up the flag pole.

We good.
Old 05.25.2015, 12:42 AM   #46713
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

cool.

I dig everyone here besides my indifference to Genteel. I promised to give that dude hell but then I don't have the time, energy, or hate to really compound on him the weirdness I feel he projects to others. he's like a lesser abbreviated, more time on his/her hand, clever, rude, manipulative, deceitful version of gast.

in other words: fuck him!!!
Old 05.25.2015, 12:50 AM   #46714
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

before the ego gets out of hand...it's futility. my fingers needed the exercise and someone to point at.

yah!!!!, I can edit now. wouldn't it be a bad idea if you could not edit? could you imagine? post after post, pages after pages.

I can just see the moderator wheels spinning right now......... like " I thoguth is was lasdkfjdfpudf goof ideallll half assed halsdfblasted direruaeaa dookie she said it was a good sonictooth doo doo ouadkfdf uhh oooowhoopy i fucked up"
Old 05.25.2015, 05:53 AM   #46715
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, I agree that we shouldn't be looking for fans. None of us. But I also see where you're coming from. Nobody likes to be ignored.

I'll try to do my part, and keep an eye out for these people you speak of. I'll try to be respectful and make them feel welcome. Seriously.

But I would suggest people who have a hard time being heard here steer clear of posting recommendations, and spend more of their energy on engaging in conversations that are already in progress. That's the way to make connections, I think. If that's what you're looking for.
Your plans to try make SYG better place sound great. I also try to do my best and not throw shit to anybodyīs face.
Old 05.25.2015, 06:43 AM   #46716
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Flying Saucer Attack - Further

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2015, 07:31 AM   #46717
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I still stand by my opinion that Severian writes pretentious ''reviews'' and hack-like jobs, rather than down to earth thoughts about the music he's listening to. To try his hand at higher moral ground because he's a nicer dude than I am, apparently, seems to prove the guy is courting approval and adopts the weasel kid approach of looking for reassurance from others because he got called out and he doesn't like it. I don't recall ever writing that he should stop posting or change his approach. I am very familiar with having insults thrown at my posts, artwork, music I listen to etc. I'm still here as you can see.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2015, 07:32 AM   #46718
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Well, I agree that we shouldn't be looking for fans.
I have to continue a little. I am not also seeking fans. What I really hope is that people donīt make generalizations specially about the issues they donīt have enough knowledge. I have to go back to your generalization about seventies for an example. Truth is that the most experimental period in the popular music started in 1965 and it lasted in 1973-1975. After that things of course started to went wrong and punk was really healthy reaction to it. Anyway in the beginning of seventies there were lots of inspired & creative people making music and lots of great albums become. I think there are also creative people still in 2000`s, but difference is that they are very little in mainstream when in the seventies there were lots of great mainstream bands. Then we of course come into music taste: if you donīt like prog rock or blues based or influences from the folk traditions seeking experimental rock, then the beginning of the seventies is not your time.
Old 05.25.2015, 08:45 AM   #46719
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
morrison is the weirdo here. richman is normal... he's straight! and he wants to... take your place. because you're always stoned.

That's WHY Richman's weird. His normalcy is exactly what makes him "weird" (in a traditional rock frontman context). But yeah, in the real world of course the dude who sings "I'm the lizard king" is the freak.

---

I'll listen to Mackaye later. I'm 3 minutes in and bored out of my mind, but I think it's just me.

But I've been wondering:
Do I want my rockstars to drink deep from the Dionysian cup?

Skimming through Keith Richard's Life was depressing. All the deaths, addictions, unwanted pregnancies. The Stones were a black hole sucking in all sorts of nastiness. But very, very rock n' roll.

And how boring is the clean and sober band, with happily married members, the sort of people who'd rather hit the gym than fuck a groupie?

I dunno.

All I know is I picked up the Van Halen at the library because it was a sunny day and I wanted to listen to some dumb fun rock while I drove around running errands. (Too bad it happened to be a bad record and a little too dumb.)

But I also picked up a folk anthology. Cuz I'm an American and those brave boys died on the beaches of Normandy so that I wouldn't have to choose.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2015, 01:37 PM   #46720
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
cool.

I dig everyone here besides my indifference to Genteel. I promised to give that dude hell but then I don't have the time, energy, or hate to really compound on him the weirdness I feel he projects to others. he's like a lesser abbreviated, more time on his/her hand, clever, rude, manipulative, deceitful version of gast.

in other words: fuck him!!!

I've tried to do the same thing (give G.D. shit equal to the shit he sprays all over the board with his diarrhea firehose), but like you I simply can't justify such a misuse of time and energy.

I'm incapable of hating people I don't know. I don't even hate the assholes I do know. Don't worry... it's a good thing that you see how pointless and sad it is to be invested in an Internet rivalry.
1836223622862326233323342335 2336 233723382339234623862436 > »
-->

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth