Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page live songs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2008, 07:53 PM   #21
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
also, i suspect relearning all of daydream lessened the chances of them relearning more 'old' tunes for a while...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 02:22 PM   #22
nico99
little trouble girl

nico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
also, i suspect relearning all of daydream lessened the chances of them relearning more 'old' tunes for a while...

Or it might not.. Maybe they'll realize how easy it was relearning these songs, and how much fun they had playing them? As for what songs they play live, I know the Steve and Thurston make the setlists, but maybe that's just from night to night. The whole band probably has a say in what songs they'll bring with them on tour.

I also read that Theresa's Soundworld is one of Steve's fav's, so don't blame him for them not playing it these days.
nico99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 02:32 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Chris is dead wrong, I have personally seen the band light candles and consult the Ouija for the set lists..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 05:00 PM   #24
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico99
Or it might not.. Maybe they'll realize how easy it was relearning these songs, and how much fun they had playing them? As for what songs they play live, I know the Steve and Thurston make the setlists, but maybe that's just from night to night. The whole band probably has a say in what songs they'll bring with them on tour.

I also read that Theresa's Soundworld is one of Steve's fav's, so don't blame him for them not playing it these days.

Oh, I know who to blame.

I was surprised when I saw Steve writing up the set list in "This is Known as a Blues Scale", I never realized that was his handwriting! That was also the first time I discovered that "Orange Rolls" had the working title of "HYPER II" on that tour, so perhaps they thought it sounded like Hyperstation...?

(btw, people know most of 'blues scale' has leaked, right?)
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 11.26.2008, 05:29 PM   #25
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh, I know who to blame.

I was surprised when I saw Steve writing up the set list in "This is Known as a Blues Scale", I never realized that was his handwriting! That was also the first time I discovered that "Orange Rolls" had the working title of "HYPER II" on that tour, so perhaps they thought it sounded like Hyperstation...?

Chris, do you have any idea why they stopped playing pretty much all of Washing Machine & Leaves or is that a mystery?
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 06:09 PM   #26
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh, I know who to blame.
I saw all of it at ATP NY, had no idea about the leakage though.
Old 11.26.2008, 06:34 PM   #27
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
thanks ^

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2008, 06:36 PM   #28
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
nice.
Old 11.26.2008, 06:49 PM   #29
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You are welcome.

I don't know how many seeds are there now, but that's not the only place where you can snag it from.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1638772/775222/

You'd need to have a membership on that site in order to download it, though.

Cool, my ratio on onemoresolo is very poor.

Thanks again

Old 11.26.2008, 07:12 PM   #30
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Yeah. No problem.

Indeed.

I'd still prefer to have a proper DVD release of "The Year Punk Broke", though.
Absolutely.
Old 11.26.2008, 07:25 PM   #31
Chris Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg
Chris, do you have any idea why they stopped playing pretty much all of Washing Machine & Leaves or is that a mystery?

Why'd they stop playing pretty much all of Confusion Is Sex, Bad Moon Rising, EVOL, Goo, Dirty, Jet Set, Ghosts & Flowers, Murray Street, or Nurse? It's what they do!
Old 11.27.2008, 01:27 AM   #32
Chris Lawrence

Have you heard the version from Portland on the Nurse tour? It may be best if they let it rest...
Old 11.27.2008, 02:07 AM   #33
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Why'd they stop playing pretty much all of Confusion Is Sex, Bad Moon Rising, EVOL, Goo, Dirty, Jet Set, Ghosts & Flowers, Murray Street, or Nurse? It's what they do!

Good point!
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2008, 12:58 PM   #34
stu666
Super Moderator

you can hear the song here:

flac: http://www.sendspace.com/file/eb0x47
mp3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zgfqub

i'm going to upload the whole show (audio) to ingrams site, i also have the video for this but it's 6.5GB so it'd take ages to upload

Old 11.27.2008, 01:32 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

its cuz the Ouija said so...

It said, "progress forward as musicians, play new material, forget the back catalogue.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2008, 02:08 PM   #36
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
you can hear the song here:

flac: http://www.sendspace.com/file/eb0x47
mp3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zgfqub

i'm going to upload the whole show (audio) to ingrams site, i also have the video for this but it's 6.5GB so it'd take ages to upload

Thanks stu! Can't wait to hear the full gig.
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2008, 05:17 PM   #37
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
They have to play the most recen tracks off of their latest album s they can sell copies of it. That is just an industry thing to do...

And yes even the Youth do that..
Old 11.27.2008, 10:50 PM   #38
Chris Lawrence

like any band who writes music because they love it, they are eager to share their new compositions with the world night after night. they enjoy it, it's fresh, it's fun. they don't generally have an hour and a half of new material, so they throw some old songs that they still have fun playing, or are crowd pleasers, or whatever...

re: karenology portland '04, i think they do an amazing segue into it from pattern recognition and then thurston, i guess, forgets how to play karen's intro, it's actually kind of hilarious---steve tries to compensate and lee just seems amused/confused... i forget if they pull it together or not. they burn into new hampshire afterwards, which is sick...

uuuh shaking hell i guess cuz thurston was on bass for 'rats' and they didn't want to torture us w/ my friend goo
Old 08.03.2010, 03:36 PM   #39
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
like any band who writes music because they love it, they are eager to share their new compositions with the world night after night. they enjoy it, it's fresh, it's fun. they don't generally have an hour and a half of new material, so they throw some old songs that they still have fun playing, or are crowd pleasers, or whatever...

re: karenology portland '04, i think they do an amazing segue into it from pattern recognition and then thurston, i guess, forgets how to play karen's intro, it's actually kind of hilarious---steve tries to compensate and lee just seems amused/confused... i forget if they pull it together or not. they burn into new hampshire afterwards, which is sick...

uuuh shaking hell i guess cuz thurston was on bass for 'rats' and they didn't want to torture us w/ my friend goo

this is the most i've posted in a long time (maybe four posts today haha). have you recieved any 'almost played' lists lately, chris?
Old 08.04.2010, 01:10 AM   #40
Chris Lawrence

nah, nobody tells me anything anymore. as always, i heard murmurs of failed attempts at 'theresa' and thurston mentioned that they were giving 'dirty boots' a shot in some interview...

like i just mentioned in another thread, i think that the time spent relearning the daydream songs is time they would've spent relearning a random group of older tunes (if they even had any interest -- certainly not 14 of em!!). 'stereo sanctity' seems to be the oddity of the post-Daydream revival. and i guess 'death valley', although it still feels like just yesterday that they were burning that one nightly on the 'leaves' tour...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth