Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jockey Sorry For Headbutting Horse
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2006, 07:16 AM   #1
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25072006/14...ing-horse.html

"A jump jockey has apologised after being caught on camera headbutting a horse. Paul O'Neill was seen angrily lashing out at City Affair after he was thrown from the horse before a race in Stratford on Sunday. The Horseracing Regulatory Authority said it would hold an inquiry after viewing footage of the incident.

O'Neill apologised for headbutting the John O'Shea-trained horse and said he had "never done anything like this before".

He told the Racing Post: "The horse had been very unruly leaving the parade ring and when we went to look at the last hurdle before hacking down to the two-mile start, he started reversing when we got to the hurdle and went under a railing which he lifted out off the ground. It took me five minutes to leave the railings and get him down to the start which I had to do as gently as I could. When I got to the start he headed straight for a car with me, stopped five feet from the car, whipped round and dropped me. I landed on my feet, but a bit awkwardly for my knee and I was a little bit angry then, but I've never done anything like this before and I'm glad to say the horse is okay after it and I have spoken to John O'Shea. I would just like to say to the public that I'm very sorry they had to see such a thing. I've never done it before and it will never happen again."

The incident was reminiscent of Zinedine Zidane's headbutt on the Italian defender Marco Materazzi in the World Cup final earlier this month. The French captain headbutted Materazzi in the chest after the Italian allegedly insulted the Algerian-born player's sister and mother."

So is the suggestion that the horse insulted the jockey's mother?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:21 AM   #2
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I saw that on tv this morning.
Guys like that should be taught a lesson by Zinedine Zidane.
Old 07.25.2006, 07:50 AM   #3
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
We're taking about a sport that lets jockeys whip horses, so I shouldn't think the horse was in the least bit surprised by the whole affair. I hope the jockey gets a jolly good reprimand though.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:54 AM   #4
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
We're taking about a sport that lets jockeys whip horses, so I shouldn't think the horse was in the least bit surprised by the whole affair. I hope the jockey gets a jolly good reprimand though.

Now that you mention it. *thinking*

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth