Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page last FM sites
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2006, 10:11 PM   #1
contort:myself
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
I have one. I have no shame. Feel free to make me feel wanted by fellow music dorks.

http://www.last.fm/user/jerryfalwell79/

i just mentioned kenneth higney in a previous post and now i'm listening to him...what is wrong with me?

http://75orlessrecords.com
our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
contort:myself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:12 PM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
http://last.fm/user/haydenasche

Yeah. I went there.
Old 07.21.2006, 10:14 PM   #3
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
i think after the picture of the man with the world in his asshole, "going there" doesn't really mean much...

but hey, thanks for the quick vomit, if it saves me from alcohol poisoning i'll be sure to thank you...

edit: nevermind I though the dude had stuck a globe in his asshole. Why i went back to verify this i have no idea. maybe my guidance counseler was right, i am a faggot.

our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
Old 07.21.2006, 10:14 PM   #4
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I had the same idea back in 2002 to do a site like Last.fm.
I couldn't get any investors.

Which reminds me of how much I loathe Coran Capshaw.

Now, every time I'm looking up discographies or song lyrics, there Last.fm is way up in the organic searches on the very first page

mocking me.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:15 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by contort:myself
i think after the picture of the man with the world in his asshole, "going there" doesn't really mean much...

but hey, thanks for the quick vomit, if it saves me from alcohol poisoning i'll be sure to thank you...

GOATSE.CX
Old 07.21.2006, 10:17 PM   #6
little trouble girl

i do enjoy the site....did you have the similiar artists radio idea and all that? cause that idea was fucking gold, i love that shit.

our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
Old 07.21.2006, 10:24 PM   #7
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
absolutely...

I've never spent any time on Last.fm, but my understanding of it is pretty similar to how I was going to do the site.

The germ of the idea was to have members list & rank what they like & also discuss music in a forum & generate personalized radio.

Back then, I was just beginning to stock a Winamp player with .mp3s & mused upon how much easier it was & enjoyable it was to listen to music with the player on random than having to decide all the time what to listen to instead of choosing what I wanted to hear. After a time, I began to get bored with my selections too & at that point started making data discs that I could load in for different moods or genres, or artists. I would load the disc I wanted with the data & then just drag it all into Winamp. Once a couple of thousand songs at least were in there, one could just sit back & let it play random. The one major flaw in all this was that Winamp was not truly random & that all the music being played was being sourced by me with no outside input from those with similar interests. the idea grew from there. I knew it wasn't just me, because I talked to other people that also preferred a random mode a lot of the time with their music players. Besides, who hasn't sat around with their girlfriend & experienced the ennui of a back & forth of, "Where do you want to go?", "what do you want to do?" or "Where should we go eat?" hehe...I also knew that for the site to be successfully branded that some intensive organic placement must be paid for in time spent to get those links humming & that perhaps, most important of all, I knew that the site had to run on a slick up-to-date platform & that it might even require me hiring some graphic designers, although I felt that ultimately, I could at least choose the colors & fonts myself with my sensibilities, but I had no expertise in setting up any of the newer types of platforms & I had already invested in my own site already. I had just made it for relatively cheap & I still use it to this day & it's on an old miva merchant platform & that's about the extent of my knowledge, & my budget. So, you see, potentially, all the elements were there to make a site very much like Last.fm & this is a record of my sour grapes.
Old 07.21.2006, 10:26 PM   #8
little trouble girl

that sucks.

although who knows if they're making big bucks yet. but still it is a great idea.

our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
Old 07.21.2006, 10:30 PM   #9
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i just made a name.. but im sure how to do all this
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:46 PM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I think they probably make out pretty well...better than I do.

Lately, my thing has been month-to-month & bankruptcy may be in the cards. The shell game is growing in its intensity as business is in a deep valley with the occasional spike with not much of a plateau. The seas have been choppy before though & I'm hanging on still.

I've never had the willpower to save money.

I'm very much a short-sighted idiot in that respect.
Old 07.22.2006, 06:50 AM   #11
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by contort:myself
I have one. I have no shame. Feel free to make me feel wanted by fellow music dorks.

http://www.last.fm/user/jerryfalwell79/

i just mentioned kenneth higney in a previous post and now i'm listening to him...what is wrong with me?

I want you. You have beefheart at the top of the list.

!
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 05:25 PM   #12
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.last.fm/user/tonightstheday

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth