Reload this Page Sydney 26.7.06
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.27.2006, 06:20 AM   #21
Acharis
empty page

Acharis has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I knew someone here would have seen me. What's with the projector? As far as I was concerned there was no projector involved. Is that why we moved?
The projector was what was used for the images during some songs (there were streets and stuff during 'waste' and smoke during 'shaking hell', as well as fish and wierd trippy shit during 'Erics trip')
So yeah, thats why, cause the technician dude operating it mentioned it at first, and then the big dude in the suit (who seemed to be from management) came and got you guys down to get up front....Which seemed pretty sweet, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to stand without blocking the projector!
Acharis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 06:25 AM   #22
dressedindreams
bad moon rising

dressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant future
First Sonic Show (and first post).
Fucking Awesome!
I loved when Thurston said "yell something and i'll decipher it" and yelled shit like "shank the beans" and "spearmint asian lokking for the invisible god"
brother james was orgasmic
dressedindreams is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 06:26 AM   #23
Acharis
empty page

Acharis has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolux
cool gig. really enjoyed the atmosphere of the band this time round. felt much more like the 90's SY, especially with that Ibold boost. came off better than the jim o'rourke tour for sure. the new material has an urgency thats been missing for a while.. or something... 'Or' was sweet, 'Pink Steam' was just short of epic, they could turn that into a serious face melter with a bit of speed to it and a noise freakout.. was i the only person who noticed manatee's or seals getting jiggy during the climax of pink steam? pretty funny considering that songs lyrics... really cool gig overall..

set list pic

Some of the visuals were really quite good. They all worked well with the songs (not playing up to them too much, not being over-powering or overly symbolic, not being useless backdrops etc)
Thanks for the setlist pic, very nice!
Acharis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 06:30 AM   #24
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis
The projector was what was used for the images during some songs (there were streets and stuff during 'waste' and smoke during 'shaking hell', as well as fish and wierd trippy shit during 'Erics trip')
So yeah, thats why, cause the technician dude operating it mentioned it at first, and then the big dude in the suit (who seemed to be from management) came and got you guys down to get up front....Which seemed pretty sweet, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to stand without blocking the projector!
Ha, thats awesome luck! They didn't tell us that...
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 06:48 AM   #25
autolux
empty page

autolux ain't too shabbyautolux ain't too shabby
yeh the visuals were really cool for each song. lights out was probably the most impressive, i thought it was cotton balls or something, took a moment to realise it was a crowd of people.. pretty much any gig benefits from projecting something onto the band/stage backdrop...

man i can't believe someone turned down VB with LEE!
autolux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 06:56 AM   #26
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolux
yeh the visuals were really cool for each song. lights out was probably the most impressive, i thought it was cotton balls or something, took a moment to realise it was a crowd of people.. pretty much any gig benefits from projecting something onto the band/stage backdrop...

man i can't believe someone turned down VB with LEE!
Sonic Beer Fact: VB drinking sessions with Lee are also known as Lee-Bees

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.
Old 07.27.2006, 06:25 PM   #27
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for reviews!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2006, 07:09 PM   #28
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

ohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's asses
me and some other folks hung around out the back after the show and i got a hug from Lee! hehe...
ohfuchsia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 12:41 AM   #29
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It looks like something you'd find in the liner notes for washing machine.

it looks better than that!
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 12:52 AM   #30
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
The guy right behind me yelled "Lee is my Hero" almost right after someone said "Kim is a godess". I felt sorry for steve so I yelled "Steve is underrated" but I don't think many heard me.

I remember some girl yelled out "You're the hottest!" to Thurston, and he replied "No doubt, no doubt."

Nice picture autolux!
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2006, 02:51 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha.
I remember some girl yelled out "You're the hottest!" to Thurston, and he replied "No doubt, no doubt."

Nice picture autolux!
I thought he was replying to "Kim is a godess!"

Where did Sonic Youth leave from?
Old 08.01.2006, 12:52 AM   #32
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Any boots of the show avalible anywhere?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth