Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Return of DNT
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2010, 03:50 PM   #1
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
The Doris Nordic Tribute is alive and kicking! It's a new decade and we wanted to get things started right..unfortunately that caused quite a long delay. I know many of you are anxious so I won't say too much, but I do want to thank everyone for all the continual support. DNT would not be what it is today (what is it??) if it weren't for people like you... Well, enjoy the new batch!

Stores/distros, get in touch for wholesale rates!! It is almost summer. Bust out the jump-ropes and chalk..

Best,
Tynan
http://www.dntrecords.com

DNT056 - Sean McCann "Chances Are Staying" LP $12/$13/$18ppd US/Canada/World *international, if ordering lps from the distro too, choose the US price instead
Debut vinyl release from Californian droniac Sean McCann. Recorded in the summer of 2009, this album was meant to be a continuation of the kaleidoscopic sound of his first albums, "Phylum Sigh" (DNT051) and "Frame Of Mind" (Stunned no.34). While still beaming with beauty and grace, this record demands a bit more from the listener than his other works. The first side of Chance Are Staying explores stringed melodic minimalism ala Tony Conrad, yet with much more poignant and somber motifs. The second side displays the ambit of his sound, from rapturous (and even … grooving?!) violin and saxophone blurs to ecstatic mind-warps. This record stands as a pillar in the dawn of this young man's career. Guaranteed to make your heart shine with memories of affection and glimpses of an uncertain future. Full color matte jackets with insert - in a hand-numbered edition of 400 mastered by Pete Swanson.

DNT060 - "Birthdaze Haze" VHS $7/$8/$11 US/Canada/World
Four more years! Four more years! Seriously, it's hard to believe DNT has been around this long. When do I get my cake?? Four year anniversary VHS with new videos by Pod Blotz, Sam Goldberg, Xiiphiidae, Sean McCann, and Nomen Dubium. Limited to 50 copies with paint-splattered covers on purple NTSC tapes.

DNT053 - Carl Calm/Flower Man "The Sag"/"The Breslin Wayside Rotary" split double cassette $10/$12/$17 US/Canada/World
Brand new double cassette set highlighting the solo work of Caboladies masterminds Chris Bush and Eric Lanham. "The Sag" represents a fascinating first glimpse into the pointalist minimal techno collage world of Caboladies co-conspirator Eric “Carl Calm” Lanham. With the Sag, Carl Calm lays out a crisp collection of constantly unfolding electronic nuance that strikes the balance between surgical precision and hype ambiance. Steady pulses expand on harmonic webs of complex time collapse techniques, repeat morphs, and other occult party mob tweaks. Definitely a new calculus for the minimal techno idiom.

"The Breslin Wayside Rotary", the newest addition in the ongoing bedroom synth/confusion electronics saga of Chris “Flower Man” Bush finds the operator wrangling jungle worship drums, meta-communicative bird speak, and a number of other warped synthetic imaginations. There is a certain “narrative” quality at play on the Breslin Wayside Rotary whose broad trajectory begins with amnesia and ends with fewer answers than it started with. Safe to say, delirium abounds over the course of this bizarre, yet carefully considered musical tour.

Edition of 100 pro-dubbed cassettes housed in separate cases with covers designed by CC & FM. Caboladies LP to follow this summer.

DNT047 - Deep Magic "Soul Vibration" cassette $7/$8/$10 US/Canada/World
This ambient voyage will take you through time and space, float you past the constellations, and softly place you on a far distant planet where all of your troubles & worries are easily forgotten and every muscle in your body begins to slowly relax. Your only concern is for the moment the music stops, as you know it will catapult you back into reality. Edition of 100 pro-dubbed blue-shelled cassettes with cardstock covers designed by Mr. Gray.
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2010, 10:25 PM   #2
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Just listening to some of that Deep Magic tape on his Myspace, and liking it very much. There'll definitely be an order for a copy of that to come my way.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2010, 04:46 PM   #3
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, I love his music. I fall asleep to it every night
Old 05.22.2010, 01:31 AM   #4
dntrecords
children of satan

I'll bump once more
Old 06.14.2010, 02:52 PM   #5
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Just listening to some of that Deep Magic tape on his Myspace, and liking it very much. There'll definitely be an order for a copy of that to come my way.

Hey, Tynan - can you remember if this has been despatched? Post from USA to UK seems to be utter shit at the moment. Stuff is taking weeks to get here.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth