Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth plays Electric Picnic!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2007, 01:31 PM   #1
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
In Ireland. FRI 31ST-SUN 2ND SEP 07, STRADBALLY HALL, STRADBALLY CO LAOIS

Fuck Yeah! Where to buy a ticket??? Sorry I've posted this one in nonsonics accidentaly.

This year's highlights include The Beastie Boys doing their first Irish show in over a decade; the recently reformed Iggy And The Stooges - their only UK/Ireland performance this year; a rare live outing by the wonderful Bjork; ex-Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker; a hark back to 1980s punk-pop with The Jesus And Mary Chain; cutting edge dance-rock from LCD Soundsystem - who have just released one of the albums of the year; the newly resurgent Primal Scream; the first ever Irish show by the Damon Albarn-led The Good, The Bad and The Queen; Modest Mouse, the dramatic Polyphonic Spree and the eminently adaptable Craig Armstrong; Soul II Soul - who are arriving over with a 12 piece band and string section in tow! Paul Hartnoll's The Ideal Condition make a debut performance in Ireland and the return of the Dublin Gospel Choir who will be there to redeem your souls on Sunday morning.

Also performing are: Sonic Youth, Aim, The Go Team!, Ratatat, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Ladytron, Jamie Lidell, Damien Dempsey, The Magic Numbers, The Undertones, Fujiya & Miyagi, Horace Andy, Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain, Marlena Shaw, !!! (Chk, Chk, Chk), A Trak, Josh Wink, Electrelane, Bonde do Role, Deerfhoof, Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid, Derek May, Hextatic, Derick Carter, The Glimmers, The Elecktrons, DJ Marky, plus many more yet to be announced.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 01:41 PM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
o yeah, it's here

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003D88AA041B0C?artistid=952846&majorcatid=10001& minorcatid=60

220 eur....uff. nice lineup tho. it seems they're going on sale tomorrow. doesn't seem you can buy ticket just for one day, huh?
Old 04.02.2007, 02:27 PM   #3
0jnolan
empty page

0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold
nah, man, weekend only. it's a good little festival...went last year, was worth the admittedly ridiculous price.

and though the line-up this year is decent, there's a good few yet to be added. wilco, for instance, are pretty much confirmed, but not on that list.
0jnolan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 02:34 PM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
That's a busy weekend you're going to be having, Richard
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 03:24 PM   #5
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
sy
lcd soundsystem
fujiya and myagi
beasties
deerhoof
stooges (even if the wierdness is shit)
excellent. gotta attend this mother

sy on the sunday.......

all i can say now is..
cmon shellac and cmon nick cave/grinderman/dirty three
low,
Old 04.02.2007, 03:28 PM   #6
0jnolan
empty page

0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold0jnolan is a splendid one to behold
^^^ i'd say low are playing, but they're gonna wait and announce until their solo gig has been and gone. same with cat power.
Old 04.02.2007, 03:35 PM   #7
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
they have a gig coming up??????
drums and guns is a faboulous album...

another ep wish of mine is liars, thy like ireland and are doing an album in the early summer, or now actually!!!
Old 04.02.2007, 03:50 PM   #8
0jnolan
empty page

yep -- may 9th, the village, check ticketmaster. as for liars, that would be too cool.

foggy notions organize a stage every year. they usually put on some super cool indie-type stuff. last year they had yo la tengo. line up for that should be announced soon-ish.
Old 04.02.2007, 03:57 PM   #9
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

true true. i wonder is sy doing the daydream set like at atp and the london gigs? that would be supersweet.......

€220 is an awful lot of money to fork out at once, double it cuz the missus is going too! fuck it. havent picniced it yet due to kidz and other stuff so i gotta go this time. sy is the excuse!
Old 04.02.2007, 04:20 PM   #10
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmmmm.....

Have 2 tickets booked to see SY play the Roundhouse on thursday.... I could be back for the Friday/Saturday and pop straight down to Stradbally so I get to see SY on the Sunday.

Christ.... this is serious fucking money
Old 04.02.2007, 04:23 PM   #11
0jnolan
empty page

in deed. should be worth it.

seen a shitload of good stuff there last year: mogwai, pj harvey, ylt, broken social scene. crowd's fairly lax, too. especially compared to the inhabitants of the shithole that is oxegen.

as for them playing ddn, i don't think so. they'd have mentioned it, i think. not too bothered, first time seeing them, they could play anything. but the sprawl would be a treat
Old 04.02.2007, 04:27 PM   #12
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
true true. i wonder is sy doing the daydream set like at atp and the london gigs? that would be supersweet.......

€220 is an awful lot of money to fork out at once, double it cuz the missus is going too! fuck it. havent picniced it yet due to kidz and other stuff so i gotta go this time. sy is the excuse!

Pauly what do you make of Steve apparently......dudududu..... lying! He said to you that they wanted to do their own gig here instead of another fest date.....

I'll forgive him this once
Old 04.02.2007, 06:40 PM   #13
gambra
bad moon rising

gambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's assesgambra kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, here's the full list of who's been announced:

The Beastie Boys,
Chemical Brothers
Iggy and the Stooges,
Bjork,
Primal Scream,
Jarvis Cocker,
The Good, The Bad and The Queen,
Modest Mouse,
Soul II Soul,
The Jesus and Mary Chain,
LCD Soundsystem
Craig Armstrong.
The Undertones
Fujiya & Miyagi
Horace Andy
Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain
Marlena Shaw
!!! (Chk, Chk, Chk)
Electrelane
Deerhoof
Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid
Sonic Youth
Aim
The Go Team!
Ratatat
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Ladytron
Damien Dempsey
The Magic Numbers

Bodytonic Tent:
Bonde do Role / Jamie Lidell / Mr Scruff / Simian Mobile Disco (live) / Derrick May / Hexstatic / Josh Wink / Derrick Carter / The Glimmers / DJ Marky / A-trak* / Greenskeepers LIVE
gambra is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 03:46 AM   #14
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i got my ticket this morning, it cost me €222.25, what a trippy amount of money,

i'm pure hoping for the Daydream Nation set
Old 04.03.2007, 06:58 AM   #15
FREDDY!LUNDBERG!
empty page

FREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the roughFREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the roughFREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimissyou
Hmmmmm.....

Have 2 tickets booked to see SY play the Roundhouse on thursday.... I could be back for the Friday/Saturday and pop straight down to Stradbally so I get to see SY on the Sunday.

Christ.... this is serious fucking money

Same here man. Had a ticket for the Saturday show but organised a change to Thursday, and changed my flights this morning. So here's my crazy plan:

Fly to London on Thursday morn. Rock the Youth. Sleep in airport and fly back to Dublin at 10.00am Friday morning. Head straight to the Picnic for more antics.

I've spent over 550euro alone today - EP tickets for my girlfriend and I, and the bastard Ryanair charging me 100euro to change my flights by 2 days.

Still, gonna be the most amazing weekend ever.
FREDDY!LUNDBERG! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 07:59 AM   #16
Concept7or8
empty page

Concept7or8 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
It's a great line-up, I've never been to EP, but with sonic youth playing, and jarvis as well. I'll have to find the money from somewhere to go. I've never seen SY, and am dying to see them, and it's been so long since I've been to a festival. Money, money, money....
Concept7or8 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 08:07 AM   #17
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambra
The Beastie Boys
Iggy and the Stooges
Bjork
Primal Scream
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Electrelane
Deerhoof
Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid
Sonic Youth
Splendid stuff!
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 10:01 AM   #18
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
doubt they'll play DDN start to finish but i'd say it'll be a fairly DDN heavy set in any case. If they spend time gearing up the songs for the don't look back tour they probably won't just drop them all from the set when they're done.
I'd love to see that, they diddn't play any DDN the last time I saw them.

Need a couple of days to get the money together, but if I remember rightly took a little while to sell out last year so should be ok.

It is a good festival over all, especially food wise. Even had decent sushi last year. Can't argue with that.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 11:28 AM   #19
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
That's a busy weekend you're going to be having, Richard

expensive as well. don't know what if to go or not. i'm due to pay car insurance+road tax soon, then Paris, London + rents and all shit, hehe. I'd really like to go tho. I have to try scratch cards probably.
Old 04.03.2007, 05:43 PM   #20
ithinkimissyou
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDDY!LUNDBERG!
Same here man. Had a ticket for the Saturday show but organised a change to Thursday, and changed my flights this morning. So here's my crazy plan:

Fly to London on Thursday morn. Rock the Youth. Sleep in airport and fly back to Dublin at 10.00am Friday morning. Head straight to the Picnic for more antics.

I've spent over 550euro alone today - EP tickets for my girlfriend and I, and the bastard Ryanair charging me 100euro to change my flights by 2 days.

Still, gonna be the most amazing weekend ever.

Christ, i never even considered sleeping in the airport. There's a few quid saved

Getting my EP ticket in the morning... it's going to be an insane weekend. SY are the only band I'd do this shit for

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth