Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Chris Lawrence, look out behind you...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.09.2007, 05:07 PM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Usher
Is it possible that "one of us" has uploaded this blog...

It certainly seems probable that they are at least a lurker if not a registered member; whether they are a regular poster or not is a subject for debate.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 05:40 PM   #22
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I have my money on this dude: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/member.php?u=586

They posted a link to that Sonic Death file in a previous post. If you look at their posts you'll see what I mean.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 11:27 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Whoa, there's a blog with tons of Sun City Girls albums?! (I mean, they do have like 200 OOP albums..)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 01:22 AM   #24
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
ok sooo
i dont think this guy reads the board.
i sent him a message and he wrote me back imediatley.
hes really nice. im trying to convince him to remove all the links to official releases but with this hes trying to fight/destroy all the 'evil' major lables...
how naiv.
i think you should all send him a massege and explain him why he shouldnt have links to official releases...
he seems to be really cool but a bit silly... so dont attack him!

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 02:18 AM   #25
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
I have deleted the link in my first post.

Here is a link to a legitimate great sy site that I'm not sure everyone here knows:
http://sylrdb.free.fr/
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 02:29 AM   #26
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Having had a look at the site (the one that the thread's about), I'm not honestly all that impressed. Yeah, it list lots of albums and has some pictures and tracklists, but it's nowhere near as informative or interesting as Chris' site. And, for me, the idea of being able to get a band's whole output in one easy place goes against the idea of being a record collector. Part of the fun of the exercise is the thrill of the chase. Going to a site to download it all is rather like going to one of those "game ranches" where they drug wild animals to give an enthusiatic amateur half a chance of shooting them.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 03:02 AM   #27
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
ok sooo
i dont think this guy reads the board.
i sent him a message and he wrote me back imediatley.
hes really nice. im trying to convince him to remove all the links to official releases but with this hes trying to fight/destroy all the 'evil' major lables...
how naiv.
i think you should all send him a massege and explain him why he shouldnt have links to official releases...
he seems to be really cool but a bit silly... so dont attack him!

You're presuming that we are all against his blog...

The Usher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 05:51 AM   #28
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
im trying to convince him to remove all the links to official releases but with this hes trying to fight/destroy all the 'evil' major lables...

so how come he has SYR stuff readily available for download?
Old 10.10.2007, 10:35 AM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
also the thing that kills me is that this guy also puts the disclaimer and i've seen it at other blogs, "for all official releases, the files are to be deleted within 24 hrs and are to be only used for promotional purposes only". I mean how does he have the right to decide on behath of the band what is to be used as promotional and not??? and how is he going to now that this is actually going to happen is everyone who is going to upload going to do delete the files in good faith??? c'mon lets not kid ourselves with this bullshit disclaimer which basically is an attempt to "cover his own ass" if he gots caught in some sort of SNAFU...

Also on every "official" release there are very obvious written copyrights written on the liner notes or the disc itself, only "copying or distribution is a violation of law" this is the standard that has been set in place, what is happening is a violation and not fair to the band as they have lost the right on how their released material or how their label is distributing the music! the band has made a decision to have the label and its distribution do these things for them, so please... the argument of blame the "Majors" is utter crap to me... the live and out of print stuff is fantastic but i do agree the "official" stuff he has is in bad taste, but that is only my opinion and really not ultimately up to me or us for him to remove, however i'd think anyone who does this sort of thing is running a risk of being fined or looking at some sort of penalty as i believe it will only be a matter of time before the authorities catch up w/ the reality that "free music file sharing" has moved from software programs like napster soulseek etc etc... to "blog sites".
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth