Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2009, 05:04 PM   #33061
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses

Lou Reed "New York"
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2009, 05:15 PM   #33062
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
martin lubenov-kasalbaschki kyuchek
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2009, 10:22 PM   #33063
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.17.2009, 03:27 AM   #33064
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 08:14 AM   #33065
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
That's because it's badass for that. I wrote a 2000 word essay in 3 hours this morning before physically having to run as fast as possible to hit the deadline (by 30 seconds!), and it's due to blasting the whole of that at top volume while comically coffeed up.

Box Set aside, VOL 9 + 0 is by far my favorite album of the series. In fact, I think it would be in my Top 10 DOOM albums.
Old 12.17.2009, 09:57 AM   #33066
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
VVVV is the best doom album

he has 2 albums that can be abreviated as VVVV.
Old 12.17.2009, 09:58 AM   #33067
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:

Listening to Daylight just as I realise that I've stayed up all night and the sun has come up behind the curtains, then opening them = A MOMENT

"Daylight" is Aesop's crowning achievement. I don't think he could ever get this close to perfection again.
Old 12.17.2009, 10:06 AM   #33068
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Melt Banana - Peel Session.
Old 12.17.2009, 11:22 AM   #33069
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 12:14 PM   #33070
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
"Daylight" is Aesop's crowning achievement. I don't think he could ever get this close to perfection again.

So true. He's got other sick tracks, and the whole album is pretty great, but DAMN that track is the killer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Box Set aside, VOL 9 + 0 is by far my favorite album of the series. In fact, I think it would be in my Top 10 DOOM albums.

I only have the box set. It it really worth shelling out of the separate releases? Also, at some point your going to have to PM a list of the non-'proper studio album' Doom releases that I need to check out.

Currently:

I'd happily say that 'Definition' is one of the top 20 (sometimes top 10) hip-hop singles ever, with no qualifications.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 12:18 PM   #33071
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^Blackstar is a great album.

I tend to listen to the individual HERBS a lot more than the box. Probably cuz I bought them as they came out, so they actually feel like specific albums to me. When it comes to the box, I really only listen to disc 3 regularly, since there was no full length KMD instrumental albums prior (other than the BB instrumental EP).

As for a rundown of DOOM releases, I was actually planning on doing that for you anyway. It'll take me a little while though, but I'll really outline it well for you.
Old 12.17.2009, 12:24 PM   #33072
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Fair enough dude, would be mega appreciated. There's a few I still don't have even from the 'big releases', namely VVVV II and Mr. Hood. I also don't have the Monster Island Czars album or the MF EP. Or the special blends release. Need some serious buying.

And yeah, Blackstar is badass. Sometimes I even prefer Reflection Eternal though (in large part for Expansion Outro). Black On Both Sides is also a classic. Quality is pretty good, but doesn't have the same place in my heart. After that they both fell off a bit, but damn they were sick in the day. I don't have the new Mos yet.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 12.17.2009, 12:57 PM   #33073
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

But basically just 'Fire In Which You Burn Slow' on fucking loop. I'd also be willing to say that El-Ps verse in that is without question in my top 10 verses ever spat. 'Even when I say nothing it's a beautiful use of negative space' is my all time favourite rap boast.
Old 12.17.2009, 01:08 PM   #33074
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^"I've been the nastiest one since birth...." You have El-P's FANTASTIC DAMAGE, right? If not, stop what yr doing and go get it. Utterly essential.
Old 12.17.2009, 01:12 PM   #33075
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

On triple vinyl Stepfather Factory is another of my faves. I don't have the second album though. Should get that right? The main Def Jux I'm missing is Cannibal Ox, which I don't own (I know I know, boo!)
Old 12.17.2009, 01:40 PM   #33076
cagedbird
the destroyed room

Old 12.17.2009, 01:43 PM   #33077
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
On triple vinyl Stepfather Factory is another of my faves. I don't have the second album though. Should get that right? The main Def Jux I'm missing is Cannibal Ox, which I don't own (I know I know, boo!)

Can Ox's COLD VEIN is must-have. El-P's I'LL SLEEP WHEN YOU'RE DEAD is good, but not even close to FANDAM. "Step Father Factory" is maybe one of the 5 best singles DEF JUX ever released. But FANDAM in general is ridiculous.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:39 PM   #33078
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I know. Deep Space 9mm? HOLY SHIT! And yeah, Cold Vein is high on my 'must gets'. I literally owned 2 'proper' hip-hop albums in January (I Take A Nation Of Millions... and Dr. Octagonacologyst), and hadn't listen to either or enjoyed them that much outside of Bring The Noise and Blue Flowers, so it's been a shitting ton of catch up.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:50 PM   #33079
noisereductions
invito al cielo

the "sign to Ruckus?..." line in "Deep Space 9MM" is an incredible moment. And what about the segue into the instrumental ending of "Time Out Of Joint?"
Old 12.17.2009, 02:51 PM   #33080
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Holy shit, I'm just relistening to 'The Fire In Which You Burn Slow' a stupid amount. This happens every time!
1154155416041644165116521653 1654 16551656165716641704175421542654 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth