Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Rave About Something That Makes You Happy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2019, 07:21 AM   #101
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Stop buying Jimmy Choo shoes and you'll be alright. Congratulations on the offer though. Reckon you'll take it even after the money has shown to not be that great?

haha, no Jimmy Choo here, I only spend on regular shit like food etc., and an occasionaly synthesizer

I don't know man, I need to think it through. Here in Slovakia I make way less money, but also the costs are really low - and the wage/costs ratio is higher than I'd have in Switzerland.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2019, 07:50 AM   #102
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
...switzerland’s economy looking great right now and the franc is a safe haven.
with italy in trouble and germany in slowdown, ireland at risk with brexit (but poised to take up financial business from london nevertheless), populists all around you, etc, euro prospects are a bit... uncertain

you're a wise man, dude.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.13.2019, 09:02 AM   #103
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
haha, no Jimmy Choo here, I only spend on regular shit like food etc., and an occasionaly synthesizer

I don't know man, I need to think it through. Here in Slovakia I make way less money, but also the costs are really low - and the wage/costs ratio is higher than I'd have in Switzerland.

some thoughts bouncing in my head you’ve probably already considered but i’ll mention nevertheless

-what are your opportunities for advancement/ skill acquisition/ if you stay?
-same, if you go?
-working conditions/job satisfaction/etc?
-have you mentioned this wage ratio to the swiss? did they say anything?
-how is their offer to you comparable to salaries of professionals like you there? and how do these people live?
-which of these large “deductions” have alternatives, and which ones are unavoidable?
-are there short term “austerity” options that would let you keep more money in your pocket while you find your place in the new system?
-what are the prospects for your partner’s work, or not, and change in income?

not asking you for answers (much less publicly, lol internet) but offering things to consider.

maybe this is a little short term to recommend you the book DECISIVE by dan and chip heath but yeah. if you’re a quick reader get to it right now. also comes as audio book. discuss it with the family. actually, the very first chapter is about a historic job offer

last thing is: what would be your options if you went but then wanted to go back? (“prepare to be wrong” the heath bros. call it). and what would be your options if europa takes a shit and your current job starts to suck hard or the politics go awry?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2019, 05:45 PM   #104
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Was just playing some SF3 with a Japanese player. I took a couple games off of him. Japanese and Americans play styles are dramatic as fuck in their differences. Americans are overly aggressive and Japanese people are patient and essentially let you hang yourself.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2019, 03:04 AM   #105
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
some thoughts bouncing in my head you’ve probably already considered but i’ll mention nevertheless

-what are your opportunities for advancement/ skill acquisition/ if you stay?
-same, if you go?
-working conditions/job satisfaction/etc?
-have you mentioned this wage ratio to the swiss? did they say anything?
-how is their offer to you comparable to salaries of professionals like you there? and how do these people live?
-which of these large “deductions” have alternatives, and which ones are unavoidable?
-are there short term “austerity” options that would let you keep more money in your pocket while you find your place in the new system?
-what are the prospects for your partner’s work, or not, and change in income?

not asking you for answers (much less publicly, lol internet) but offering things to consider.

maybe this is a little short term to recommend you the book DECISIVE by dan and chip heath but yeah. if you’re a quick reader get to it right now. also comes as audio book. discuss it with the family. actually, the very first chapter is about a historic job offer

last thing is: what would be your options if you went but then wanted to go back? (“prepare to be wrong” the heath bros. call it). and what would be your options if europa takes a shit and your current job starts to suck hard or the politics go awry?

fuck fuck fuckfuckfuckfuckity fuck

it's very probable that tomorrow I'll give my notice and start in Zurich in July.

oooh man. I'm too old for this.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.28.2019, 06:59 AM   #106
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
fuck fuck fuckfuckfuckfuckity fuck

it's very probable that tomorrow I'll give my notice and start in Zurich in July.

oooh man. I'm too old for this.
hahahahaha

nahhh

just nerves.

drink a little less coffee and you’ll be fine!
Old 03.28.2019, 07:02 AM   #107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so did you read the book? what did you think of it?
Old 03.28.2019, 09:39 AM   #108
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
hahahahaha

nahhh

just nerves.

drink a little less coffee and you’ll be fine!

Fuck, man

This is like standing on the edge of a cliff blindfolded and taking a step forward

I have been in this company for the last 9 years. 9 years of my life!

It's so hard, really. My confidence is in the toilet.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.28.2019, 09:40 AM   #109
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
so did you read the book? what did you think of it?

I didn't, sorry, got no time to do that.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.28.2019, 09:42 AM   #110
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Fuck, man

This is like standing on the edge of a cliff blindfolded and taking a step forward

I have been in this company for the last 9 years. 9 years of my life!

It's so hard, really. My confidence is in the toilet.
wat. your confidence?

your confidence is always in the toilet before you give a presentation. then you ace the presentation.

rinse, repeat.

anyway don't know if you read the book but it has a lot of good advice. stuff like "ooching". oh yeah. you don't have to move all at once maybe (depends on your situation but... yeah).

so, 9 years... what made you decide to go, in the end? journalist murders? erin brokovich? pregnant coworkers? opportunities for professional growth? economic climate? ???

and what's the fear? any way that you can deal with those potential downsides?

(also, i thought it was a move within the company? maybe i misread)
Old 03.28.2019, 09:48 AM   #111
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

also: just 19 euros really????

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/trai...a-to-zurich-hb

you can practically come and go on weekends...
Old 03.28.2019, 09:50 AM   #112
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Was just playing some SF3 with a Japanese player. I took a couple games off of him. Japanese and Americans play styles are dramatic as fuck in their differences. Americans are overly aggressive and Japanese people are patient and essentially let you hang yourself.
ha ha ha ha

i love cultural differences
Old 03.28.2019, 10:02 AM   #113
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
also: just 19 euros really????

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/trai...a-to-zurich-hb

you can practically come and go on weekends...

Nope, the train is cca 100 EUR a person:

http://www.slovakrail.sk/sk/ceny-zla...ajciarsko.html

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.28.2019, 10:05 AM   #114
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Nope, the train is cca 100 EUR a person:

http://www.slovakrail.sk/sk/ceny-zla...ajciarsko.html
wow that is a beautiful photo but damn, that price...
Old 03.28.2019, 10:39 AM   #115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I didn't, sorry, got no time to do that.
if it's an important decision (it is) you probably should make time, because it's a good decision making method. not only for making the decision itself, but for handling all the rest that comes with any big decisions (uncertainty, downsides, etc)

but ok i found you a summarized version for "emotionally sensitive people" lol. this page happens to be better than the pdf poster on the authors website

it's a good explanation, see:

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/emoti...cision-making/

but it's certainly not complete nor as well articulated as the book

just google "wrap decision making" and see what you can gather. might have a tool there you've been missing in your toolbox, and could help you.

ok, best wishes dude!
Old 03.28.2019, 10:55 AM   #116
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
if it's an important decision (it is) you probably should make time, because it's a good decision making method. not only for making the decision itself, but for handling all the rest that comes with any big decisions (uncertainty, downsides, etc)

but ok i found you a summarized version for "emotionally sensitive people" lol. this page happens to be better than the pdf poster on the authors website

it's a good explanation, see:

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/emoti...cision-making/

but it's certainly not complete nor as well articulated as the book

just google "wrap decision making" and see what you can gather. might have a tool there you've been missing in your toolbox, and could help you.

ok, best wishes dude!

they just called me from Zurich. They really want me there.

I have to tell them final decision by next Tuesday. It will be a long weekend, and probably sleepless.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 03.28.2019, 11:04 AM   #117
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
they just called me from Zurich. They really want me there.

I have to tell them final decision by next Tuesday. It will be a long weekend, and probably sleepless.
oh man, the first chapter of decisive begins with a historic and irresistible job offer to chemist and theologian joseph priestley. he was offered a lot of money to teach some rich man's kids.

he needed the money. at the same time he had his own projects.

i think he wrote to benjamin franklin for advice? i forget. but either way there is a ben franklin method (pros/cons). it's not a very good one.

so that chapter explains how priestley wrote his contract to maximize the positives and minimize risk ha ha ha. it explains the mistakes of the pro/con method and their stuff.

anyway. i can't recommend this book enough. buy it and start it tonight. it is not a very long read. can be tiresome with case studies but okay, better to have cases than speculation. all kinds of cases--jobs, business deals, cancer treatments, homeless reduction programs, etc etc.

there is an audiobook version that is very good and it's the one we originally consumed during a long business trip. listen/pause/discuss. listen/pause/discuss. etc. there are visual downloadables for this so you don't miss out.

it's been invaluable to my family, and we go back to it often whenever there's something big that needs sorting.

i'll say no more but if you can squeeze the time (you can) it's 1000x worth it. k. i gtg as well. cya.

ps- dont let short term emotion fuck you
Old 03.28.2019, 11:17 AM   #118
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just really enjoying life at this point. The sun is shining. I have the sweet sounds of Chino Moreno vocal chords ringing in my ear. I'm exploring more post metal, subgenres like atmosludge and doomgaze. these damn whippersnappers. hahaha

video games are so fucking tight, so are superhero comics.

i have a scented candle burning. $7 from TJ MAXX. Sandalwood and Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

So Japanese players are better?

Makes sense.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2019, 12:22 PM   #119
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. They have beastly players. The US and Europe have like maybe 10 players collectively that can hang with Japan’s best...and that’s just to be able to not get mollywhooped by their best. One thing that helps is that their Gods are slowly falling off and not playing as much anymore or now focusing on other games/things.

I still grind every day I can...but this game is another beast....and I play a pretty terrible character.
Old 03.28.2019, 12:31 PM   #120
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr0E4ubAOZQ

This is a tournament that happened like 7 years ago. P1 is Tokido, a fighting game God, who was a beast at this game like 10 years prior. P2 is MOV, the best Chun Li and arguably the best player at that time. This was a finals match that ended in like 6 minutes. Two hardcore pros....and the current player made the other look like a newbie at this game. It's very difficult.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth