Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Is Johnny Thunders Still Considered 'Cool'?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2007, 08:38 PM   #21
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
...ANYWAY, L.A.M.F. and So Alone are undoubtedly righteous.

Any of you vinyl monkeys looking to make purchases make sure you avoid the original L.A.M.F. release, though - it's a dog turd of a mix. The Lost '77 Mixes is the one to gun with. Half the mixes on the second CD sound better than the first, I think. Born To Lose especially.

I second that recommendation (for the Lost '77 Mixes). Avoid the original the best you can.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 12:42 AM   #22
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I'd actually prefer Johnny weren't considered cool! Whenever he is we get a bunch of knock off shit metal and glam bands trying to sound like him or just look like him and invariably failing miserably! Better when he's not, though of course he will always deserve his legend whether it's on the hipster front burner or not.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 10:23 AM   #23
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I'd actually prefer Johnny weren't considered cool! Whenever he is we get a bunch of knock off shit metal and glam bands trying to sound like him or just look like him and invariably failing miserably! Better when he's not, though of course he will always deserve his legend whether it's on the hipster front burner or not.
Halleluiah!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 02:40 PM   #24
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
you cant wether or not an artist is "cool" by the people that rip them off...thats just bogus.

Uh, the question was whether he was "considered cool", which is exactly what you have to look to that sort of thing for. If you'd read my answer, you'd note that I did say he was deserving of his legend regardless of whether he was "considered cool" or not. I don't judge Johnny by the hacks that rip him off, nor ever claimed that I did. I just answered the question that was asked.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth