Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth – Smart Bar – Chicago 1985
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2012, 03:30 AM   #161
Lee is Free
Administrator

Lee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's asses
Chris--I did the collage work in both cases--and in each case the 'photo' is made up from 4 discreet shots of the band... Back in '81 techniques were certainly cruder, mere scissors n glue! (also Cody helped tweak the Smart Bar digital collage work). Getting a good live photo that includes all band members is a rock photogs' holy grail (or should be anyway)--very hard to do,,,
-L
Lee is Free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2012, 04:20 AM   #162
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I now notice that your headstock is missing in the Sonic Youth pic, but it otherwise had not occurred to me that it was four separate pics pasted together - nor that it would have been done back in '81, which should have been obvious! I retract my laugh.

The Smart Bar cover is also four separate images?! Incredible work, if so!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2012, 09:14 AM   #163
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Now what can you tell us about the double vocal on "i love her all the time" lee?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2012, 09:23 PM   #164
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Do you mean all Hendrix Live-records are bootlegs? There is Band Of Gypsys that was released when Hendrix was still alive. He had to do it because the lawsuit of capitol records and he donīt have any word about the cover that he hated. So I donīt think he put any overdubs in it. Even Hendrix didnīt like that record, I think itīs fabulous, one of the best live records ever made!
I love Band of Gypsys...there's a boot called Box of Gypsys that has all 4 shows from those fillmore dates...I pretty sure nothing was changed to the music after listening to the shows from that...also the Band of Gypsys dvd doc has one of the shows on black and white early video...pretty cool.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2012, 09:47 PM   #165
psychtrailmix
empty page

psychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's assespsychtrailmix kicks all y'all's asses
Got this for Christmas today, listening now. Sounds really good! Quality is super nice... this may top the "Hold That Tiger" release... I remember getting that back in early high school, on a Christmas day also! hahaha... was stoked to hear some live SY, but I do think this tops it though. Hearing the extra vocal you guys are talking about on "I Love Her All The Time".... it is a bit odd.. but whatever, doesn't take anything away from it for me. This is awesome early SY... Bad Moon Rising is a long time fave of mine, one of the first SY albums I discovered and got really heavily into. This sounds delicious! Hope you guys are enjoying the holi-dazzzzzze
psychtrailmix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2012, 11:02 AM   #166
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I love Band of Gypsys...there's a boot called Box of Gypsys that has all 4 shows from those fillmore dates...I pretty sure nothing was changed to the music after listening to the shows from that...also the Band of Gypsys dvd doc has one of the shows on black and white early video...pretty cool.
I think there exists also official release where is more material than the original vinyl...but I have only that original.

I love all my Hendrix-live records (Band Of Gypsys, Experience, More Experience, Isle Of Wight and Hendrix In the West). I have read Hendrix himself didnīt like his Isle Of Wight -performance, well maybe you can hear in his vocals heīs tired, but I think guitar playing is just pure magic). I have to buy some day Live at the Monterey, Live at Woodstock and that eighties Concerts-double-album.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth