Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page shooting at school
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2013, 02:54 PM   #81
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
In LA County we've had a wonderful phenomenon, we zoned out most of the firearms retailers, and low and behold our murder and violent crime rates have decreased 600% since 1992. That is because there are less guns to steal from gun shops, the docks, and freight yards. Less guns to sell equals less guns to steal equals less guns on the street to harm and kill, period. This is not ideology, this is the reality of gun-control in Los Angeles over the past 20 years.

NYC's homicides have gone down from like 2000 to 200 annually in the same period but the gun laws haven't changed. There has been a large reduction in crime all over the country, with some exceptions. The cops in NYC have so much time on their hands they leave wallets laying around and then arrest the people who pick them up.

I don't think you can put the reduction all on a zoning change. Maybe I'm wrong.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2013, 02:58 PM   #82
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
NYC's homicides have gone down from like 2000 to 200 annually in the same period but the gun laws haven't changed. There has been a large reduction in crime all over the country, with some exceptions. The cops in NYC have so much time on their hands they leave wallets laying around and then arrest the people who pick them up.

I don't think you can put the reduction all on a zoning change. Maybe I'm wrong.

No, its not all zoning. Its also stricter enforcement of existing laws, stricter sentencing for gun crimes, and a cultural shift in the overall community away from fire-arms. And NYC does in fact have relatively strict gun laws as compared to many other cities and states.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2013, 02:10 PM   #83
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The "good" Terminator in Terminator 2 would not have been able to protect annoying-ass Edward Furlong without the ready access to firearms of all types.

The Terminator uses the following weapons throughout the movie: - Colt/Detonics 1911 9mm - Winchester 1887 Lever Action 10-Gauge Sawed-off Shotgun minus trigger guard - M79 'Blooper' Grenade Launcher - Hawk MM-1 37mm 12-shot gas grenade launcher - GE-134 Minigun 7.62x51mm cycle rate geared at 600rpm
Old 01.08.2013, 02:41 PM   #84
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
This gun-control conversation is almost silly because of it being such a moot point.

What sorry asshole would be the one chosen to go door to door collecting the massive stockpile of armaments which Americans have collected?

Nobody's up for that job, I tell you.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2013, 02:55 PM   #85
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
They could enact an exchange program of sorts. Turn in your gun and get a QP of the finest cheeba. Or turn in your gun and get unlimited access to Hairy bush tumblr sites from Mexico.
Old 01.11.2013, 03:50 PM   #86
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yesterday near Fort Tejon, a 16 year old student went into his high school class with a shotgun, shot a fellow student (who survived), and was talked down by a teacher and an administrator. If the NRA and all the 2nd Amendment crowd had their way, that youth would have been summarily executed in his classroom, perhaps even by an armed teacher. What if the teacher who talked him down instead came in shooting the place up like a Charles Bronson movie? Teachers don't want to be armed security, we don't want guns in our classrooms for this exact reason. If a teacher or even armed-police over-reacted this would been the scene of a murder-suicide, or at the least, the gunman would been killed (as the police usually do in these situations). Is that justice?

I praise GOD that some teachers did their job, and stepped in when the situation needed it most, these teachers are A MILLION times more my kind of sincere and true heroes than any gun-totting hero-wanna-be. Guns don't make heroes, the strength and dignity of the human spirit creates heroism, and humble humans trying their best NOT to hurt other humans is the true mark of Ghandi-esque heroism. It is easy to just get a gun and shoot away your problems, shit, that is what this unfortunate 16 year old thought when taking the gun to class in the first place. Two shootings don't make it right. One shooting is enough, I am glad that sense prevailed, that goodness still exists, and that there are people out there brave enough to put their lives in their hands to save EVERY life, not just accepting summary executions as part-and-parcel of law enforcement like the NRA proposals would have us believe is necessary. The gun lobbies are trying to brainwash us with fear-mongering to believe that life is not safe without a gun, when guns precisely are the threat to human life and safety. The human spirit is stronger than any pieces of forged metal, and the human heart overcomes any adversity through blinding courage. Everyday across the world armed men flee conflicts to be sure, when unarmed men and women run to the battles and bombings and shootings to help. Such is the true beauty of being human, altruism.

Hey big Ray, bust some dance moves to celebrate humanity

Old 01.11.2013, 03:58 PM   #87
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Im assuming you all saw this

I dont so much mind the shouting, or the incoherance. What really pisses me off is how Alex Jones et al. make their living by complaining that the Mainstream Media never allows them to voice their opinion, but when given a chance to do so they only complain about how the media never gives them a chance to express their opinion... Its like being invited to a birthday party and spending the whole time saying "I NEVER GET INVITED TO ANYONES PARTIES!!!"

Ps Yes i understand not all American Gun Owners are as batshit as Alex Jones

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 10:08 AM   #88
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MmSKS4hwJ24

adam lanza hasn't existed since 2009, hard facts -
Old 01.16.2013, 10:09 AM   #89
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult

I dont so much mind the shouting, or the incoherance. What really pisses me off is how Alex Jones et al. make their living by complaining that the Mainstream Media never allows them to voice their opinion, but when given a chance to do so they only complain about how the media never gives them a chance to express their opinion... Its like being invited to a birthday party and spending the whole time saying "I NEVER GET INVITED TO ANYONES PARTIES!!!"

So because he was on CNN once, he's supposed to be meek and compliant?
Old 01.16.2013, 10:39 AM   #90
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult

yeah he's crazy-- crazy like a fox! he got bazillions of dollars in free publicity. i'm sure his page rankings have shot up like crazy and was able to grow his audience as a result.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/alex-jon...rontation.html

yes, he ranted, but he made some good points if you can hear him through the foam in his mouth. i for one think that morgan's questions were very biased, and jones would have been stupid to answer them the way they were asked. he may be crazy but he's not a moron.

besides, he was hilarious-- "YOU'RE A REDCOAT!" lolololol....

i'd say deport morgan-- just for sheer hilarity. he's a pompous inconsequential ass anyway and not nearly as entertaining as alex jones.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 10:54 AM   #91
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
in big lines it is that money is going to win from intelligent choises
not the first time this happens in the animal world

if you have a choise >> to live in a place

wich place would this be?

a. place where there are yearly 30 deaths of guns

b. place where there are yearly 30.000 deaths of guns

no healthy person on earth would choose b wich is america

why do you americans then be so anti-intelligent?

a. people lost hope to bring in total ban of weapons

b. pressure, propaganda of the gunlobby keeps it's millions of $$$ coming in
legalizes itself in the system, with republicans and democrates

they throw some money in washington to wash the blood of their hands, the blood of 30.000 people

and a new year where 30.000 people are gonna be killed by gunvoilence can begin can

the solution if you care for those 30.000 deaths people by gunvoilence

1.american democraty must be cleaned of the people of the gunlobby
isolate the politicians who coverup for the NRA

2.bring in strong laws
and have a total ban on guns in usa

only then the deaths will stop
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 11:09 AM   #92
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah he's crazy-- crazy like a fox! he got bazillions of dollars in free publicity. i'm sure his page rankings have shot up like crazy and was able to grow his audience as a result.

yes, he ranted, but he made some good points if you can hear him through the foam in his mouth. i for one think that morgan's questions were very biased, and jones would have been stupid to answer them the way they were asked. he may be crazy but he's not a moron.

i'd say deport morgan-- just for sheer hilarity. he's a pompous inconsequential ass anyway and not nearly as entertaining as alex jones.
didn't now this of alex jones
thought he was a bit smarter
he is totally not smart

just a barking dog, nothing more

animals + guns = no good mix

animals + guns = genocides

animals + guns = war

animals + guns = terrorism
Old 01.16.2013, 11:32 AM   #93
gast30
invito al cielo

and also this on what alex jones had to say

those 11.000 suicides are commited with guns

so if these guns were not there

these people would be alive today
Old 01.16.2013, 11:43 AM   #94
gast30
invito al cielo

suicides are a clear sign that nature is psychologicly very sick

why are people so psychologicly sick that they don't want to live anymore?

do people care about 'other' people?

i think humans lost the natural connection of life
from there the human got wierdend into all kinds of fantasy lifes and crazy society structures of medieval times

and there the human is trapped, it can only go forward in life if it get a good connection with nature again to live a psychologicly healty life as the animal it is
Old 01.16.2013, 11:55 AM   #95
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

More US soldiers have died from suicide than from enemy fire in 2012 Afghanistan.

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stori...16?news=846767
Old 01.16.2013, 01:46 PM   #96
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
More US soldiers have died from suicide than from enemy fire in 2012 Afghanistan.

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stori...16?news=846767

It is a shocking statistic but with an asterisk which is all the less comforting. The suicide rate within active military personal is only slightly above the national average per 100,000 people, so I am not sure which is more shocking, that more American soldiers died by their own hands or by the enemy, or that our own American suicide rate is so high that it exceeds combat deaths perennially

Old 01.16.2013, 01:52 PM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
It is a shocking statistic but with an asterisk which is all the less comforting. The suicide rate within active military personal is only slightly above the national average per 100,000 people, so I am not sure which is more shocking, that more American soldiers died by their own hands or by the enemy, or that our own American suicide rate is so high that it exceeds combat deaths perennially

Let's see if you recognize the quote (I'm sure you will):

Nature against Man, Man against Nature; God against Man, Man against God; God against Nature, Nature against God; very funny religion!

To that shit pile of confrontation, add this "cherry on the top"

lots of self-haters out there, "punishing" themselves
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 01:56 PM   #98
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Murmer! This is yer cue!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 02:13 PM   #99
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I'm not sure suicide is self hate, if anything sometimes it is a kind of hate against the entirety of the world. Other times, it is a kind of eerie revenge thing. Lastly, people that kill themselves are quite literally not in their right minds, and so really all kinds of reasonable analyses will inevitably fall short, because reason can never make sense of madness.

Old 01.16.2013, 02:25 PM   #100
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

At work there are two total conspiracy heads who believe everything from NWO to the 9/11 being faked etc. Anyway, I was talking to one of them about Alex Jones. He was said how him and he other worker are now believing the Alex Jones HIMSELF is actually a government stooge.

"...wait...what? Why do you think that?"
"well he's clearly being put there by the government to say all these over the top things, then from that he's helping the public think that everyone who believes in conspiracies is crazy like him"
"So Alex Jones is actually a puppet like Obama, as you call him"
"yeah pretty much"
"..."

Well I had to give it to them, they try and find an excuse for anything. Bless 'em.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth