Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2010, 04:34 AM   #2781
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
played all 3 games ASP posted last and liked-loved them

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 06:46 AM   #2782
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha, nice.

I just found all 96 exits in mario world. Back to playing mana and earthbound!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 06:54 AM   #2783
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
I am prett ysure I can play the game for 1-2 days and still find every exit. I made it on the snes copy, on 4 snes version from some friends and on 2 save slots of my GBA copy....hahaha the only games I finished to completion more often is Day of the tentacle and sonic 3

Old 10.17.2010, 06:56 AM   #2784
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
you know, though, man.. TUBULAR is so hard!

Old 10.17.2010, 07:14 AM   #2785
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

exactly. that was my nightmare. but I experienced that the games that gave me hard times in my childhood became easy after Ive grown older. tubular is one of the levels. same for the underwater-glas-submarine level in earthworm jim one. maybe it was the shittiest level for me of any game in my childhood. when playing it today, I rarely die once...

Old 10.17.2010, 08:59 AM   #2786
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

al, you have the best taste in games on the board.

I'm definitely going to get a 360 soon so I can play the contra hard corps sequel by the guilty gear motherfuckers!

2D for life.

Old 10.17.2010, 09:03 AM   #2787
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

thats a compliment I can live with thanks for that.
I wanna play the sequel too. I am trying to force a friend of mine who owns a 360, do download this game, cause I dont own a 360 myself. but he "just isnt into action games". dammit
I think it will kick some ass after watching a review about it. the only flaw: too much prime colours, hahaha. still digging the dark and gritty style of the original hard cops

and yes: 2d for live exactly. always thinking bout buying a used sega saturn, cause maybe it was technically THE 2D console (while everbody else was already riding the 3D rocket) but saturn games are shit-expansive over here

btw never played guilty gear, should I?

Old 10.17.2010, 09:53 AM   #2788
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yeah, guilty gear rules!! get guilty gear x or accent core or whatever. i recently bought ggac for like $5 plus shipping. really easy to find and cheap. go for it. just don't get GUILTY GEAR 2: OVERTURE.. completely different. imo, guilty gear is most fun 2D fighter ever. and this is comnig from someone who LOVES fighting games... some of my favorites ever are project justice, tobal no. 2, STREET FIGHTER II, king of fighters '99, soul calibur, street fighter alpha 3, capcom vs snk 2... so if you happen to like those, we have similiar tastes. Worst fighters ever: Primal Rage, Rise of the Robots, haha.

but yeah i gotta get the hard corps sequel, sicne hard corps is by far my favorite contra game -- i always laugh when people say contra 3 is better. what a joke! yeah, those TOPDOWN STAGES are soooooooo fun! hah! It took me a few years but I can play through hard corps now, with any character, and get any ending, without dying. I'm seriously considering doing a speed run.. since everyone else seems to have so much difficulty with the game...

My other favorite contra game is shattered soldier for the ps2. It was hilariously overlooked despite being a fucking MASTERPIECE! And, strangely, NEO CONTRA was awesome too, despite being in 3D... it felt a little loose and off but I regularly see it at pawn shops for maximum $10, it's definitely worth that. I think it sold 5 copies whereas Metal Gear Solid 2 sold 5,000,000 copies in its first day. What a joke. At least Konami's rich, eh?

Old 10.17.2010, 10:11 AM   #2789
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
yeah, guilty gear rules!! get guilty gear x or accent core or whatever. i recently bought ggac for like $5 plus shipping. really easy to find and cheap. go for it. just don't get GUILTY GEAR 2: OVERTURE.. completely different. imo, guilty gear is most fun 2D fighter ever. and this is comnig from someone who LOVES fighting games... some of my favorites ever are project justice, tobal no. 2, STREET FIGHTER II, king of fighters '99, soul calibur, street fighter alpha 3, capcom vs snk 2... so if you happen to like those, we have similiar tastes. Worst fighters ever: Primal Rage, Rise of the Robots, haha.

but yeah i gotta get the hard corps sequel, sicne hard corps is by far my favorite contra game -- i always laugh when people say contra 3 is better. what a joke! yeah, those TOPDOWN STAGES are soooooooo fun! hah! It took me a few years but I can play through hard corps now, with any character, and get any ending, without dying. I'm seriously considering doing a speed run.. since everyone else seems to have so much difficulty with the game...

My other favorite contra game is shattered soldier for the ps2. It was hilariously overlooked despite being a fucking MASTERPIECE! And, strangely, NEO CONTRA was awesome too, despite being in 3D... it felt a little loose and off but I regularly see it at pawn shops for maximum $10, it's definitely worth that. I think it sold 5 copies whereas Metal Gear Solid 2 sold 5,000,000 copies in its first day. What a joke. At least Konami's rich, eh?

we seem to be up the same alley regarding fighting games. even the vote for the worst goes to the same for me. rise of the robots = you cant jump over the opponent << who the hell FORGOT to programm that feature?????
the only fighters I loved which you didnt mentioned are the streets of rage games. but they are sidescrolling of curse, thats why you havent mentioned. so I will definately check the 2nd Hand stores for some guilty gear games.
but the way I recently asked if MK shaolin Monks is fun!
I saw that you were dissing the MK series for their shitty mechanics, which is absolutely right. its like blocking is senseless, and the one who rushes best will be the winner.
so I ask again, is shaolin monks maybe worth it? especially the multiplayer function kinda interests me.

hard corps is b far my favourite contra of all time, too. I lost it somewhere at the age between 16 and 18 where I didnt care at all, and rebought it recently cause I missed it that much. it was an instant throwback to the good old epeleptic rush I loved so much.
I could even shock my gf with the abnorm speed of the intro alone, hahaha.
I showed it to her on the PS2 (emulated) while I waited for the game to arrive, but unfortunately it was unplayable emulated on the ps2.
and its my favourite contra, because of the color scheme. it looks like terminator, or escape from new york. it hits the exact same vein of mood somehow. plus some total schizophrenic spastic action. hahaha
(I must say that I only played probotector as an original, and I fell in love with robots in my childhood, so I was fine ).
I agree with contra 3, nobody says the truth when he/she is saying that the overhead levels are fun. they disrupt an otherwise highly enjoyable game, nothing more, I think.
I should check shattered soldier too!

Old 10.17.2010, 11:24 AM   #2790
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I have the best taste in GB games on the board. Fuckers.
Old 10.17.2010, 12:06 PM   #2791
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

hahahaha
I wanna play a story driven game on the gba, which isnt set in the stereotype rpg environment, like, magik, elves, dwarves and so on. something like contact or earthbound, is there anything Ive missed?
(DS recommendations also, but I think I am aware of the majority of the releases, the gba tends to surprise more often)

Old 10.17.2010, 12:37 PM   #2792
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
RTW, Mac version, Scipii faction. I killed Carthage early, took Greece ahead of the Brutii (forcing them to push North to Dacia and Scythia), wiped out Numidia, took half of Spain, and now I'm kicking Egyptian ass both in North Africa and Asia (Bythinia/Lycia, etc) AKA Turkey. I'm thinking instead of taking Alexandria I should demolish it to a pulp and let it be taken over by rebels. Just out of spite.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 12:42 PM   #2793
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
the only fighters I loved which you didnt mentioned are the streets of rage ga

Actually, two pages ago, I said streets of rage 3 is my favorite genesis game nex tto BEYOIND OASIS... which is simply one of the best games ever.

I LOVE Streetso f Rage 3. I've beaten SoR 2 at least 100 times. But 3 is better. It's got mroe of everything. I can't believe it actually disappointed people when it came out. I HATE when people insult the music -- the soundtrack is probably my favorite on the genesis, next to beyond oasis... which was made by yuzo koshiro! Yep, YUZO KOSHIRO -- the GENIUS behind the music on SoR 1-3, the Shiboi games, and more -- MADE Beyond Oasis.. ith as his trademark music.. the gameplayi s like Streets of Rage meets an RPG... just amazing.. and overlooked! As much as I love Landstalker, Beyond Oasisi s a 10000x better.

The genesis is simply the best system ever. Casltevania: Blood Lines was better than Castlevania on the SNES (well.. both of 'em; Dracula X was SHIT).... the contra was better on the genesis.. aladdin was better... genesis graphics/music were ALWAYS bettewr... snes had a few thing sover genesis: THE ADVENTURES OF BATMAN AND ROBIN for the snes is one of the best games ever... also, the snes had more, better rog's (though id on't think any rpg was as good as beyond oasis).

The main thing snes had was superm etroid and suiper mario world.
But all in all, the genesis was a better system. I think it had more great games... it just so happens that the snes had a few of the absolute GREATEST games.. tetris attack and super metroid.

Still, nothing can beat gunstar heroes, alien soldier, the thunder forces, the shinbosi/shadow dancer, pulseman, vectorman, dynamitte heady, streets of rage 1-03, sonic 1-3, ranger x, etc etc etc etc etc. the genesis ruled.

But yeah, the ps2 ruled, get shattered soldier.. get okami, DISGAEA 2, we love katamari, rez, dragon quest viii, smt: nocturne, tales of the abyss, zone of the enders 2, gradius v, r-type delta, bombastic, lumines plus (ESPECIALLY LUMINES PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!), ALIEN HOMINID, killer7... so many good ps2 games.

Old 10.17.2010, 12:49 PM   #2794
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I never beat SoR 3. It was much harder an faster than 2. SoR 2 was beaten 4859537 times. That was my favorite game I owned on genesis
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 01:01 PM   #2795
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
The graphics in Rise of the Robots used to blow my mind.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 04:20 PM   #2796
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
hahahaha
I wanna play a story driven game on the gba, which isnt set in the stereotype rpg environment, like, magik, elves, dwarves and so on. something like contact or earthbound, is there anything Ive missed?
(DS recommendations also, but I think I am aware of the majority of the releases, the gba tends to surprise more often)

have you played the DemiKids games? Those are kind of cool. Part of the Shin Megami Tensei world. Kids that study demonology. A bit of Pokemon in there, but way darker and cooler.

The port of Broken Sword is fucking unbelievable. If you don't have that, yr nuts. I know you love Lucas adventure games. This is just like that, and it's such an impressive port from PC to GBA. Highly recommended. Big time.

on a similar note, if you still had a GBA or ability to play GBC games, I'd recommend Scooby-Doo Classic Creep Capers, which is pretty much a straight up homage to Maniac Mansion. It's pretty amazing.
Old 10.17.2010, 04:47 PM   #2797
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
al, you have the best taste in games on the board.

I'm definitely going to get a 360 soon so I can play the contra hard corps sequel by the guilty gear motherfuckers!

2D for life.

Looks interesting! What its full name?

I really liked XIII.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 04:52 PM   #2798
noisereductions
invito al cielo

as far as current gen goes:

Wii - is what I went with. I mostly use it for games with my wife since it's in the living room. Great lightgun games, and co-op shit. Plus, virtual console is a nice addition. GameCube backwards compatibility is a plus.

XBOX360 - seems to have the best selection of Shmups this generation.

PS3 - fuckoff.
Old 10.17.2010, 05:30 PM   #2799
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

XBOX360 - seems to have the best selection of Shmups this generation.

PS3 - fuckoff.

aye ef j00- budday! Xbox is crap.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 05:50 PM   #2800
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Ghostchase, have you played Killer7?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhvLebx1iA

If you liked XIII, you're going to love Killer7... that is, unless you have already played it, and currently love it.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
90130137138139 140 141142143150190240 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth