Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.26.2019, 11:37 PM   #2981
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
there's a documentary on Black Adder, was it included in the set? I've been trying to get ahold of a copy for a while!!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2019, 03:55 AM   #2982
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
there's a documentary on Black Adder, was it included in the set? I've been trying to get ahold of a copy for a while!!
I don't know!! I can't watch the DVD's!!!

But the cover doesn't mention any documentary. Mine has 4 DVD's, and has only the 4 seasons without extras. There are also boxes with more DVD's for instance here is mentioned that the ultimate collection has that documentary. Damn, should have searched a bit better, I only checked the boxes that were on sale, the 6 disc version is only costing a couple Euros more even though it's not on sale ... Perhaps I could return it even though I already removed the shrink wrapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
plug yer laptop in with a hdmi cable
I don't have a laptop. I did try once to connect the desktop PC with a very long HDMI cable, but that didn't work well, perhaps for DVD's but I still couldn't play some other media. Especially flac files, I've got loads of them, but never managed to get them played from the PC to the home cinema set. So this has been an annoyance for as long as I've had that home cinema set plus that it doesn't have a headphone socket, which is stupid because I love listening to music on headphones. And also connection through Wifi didn't work well.

So I've decided to get me a new system. It's Black Friday week(end), so I should be able to get a good deal somewhere. For the geeks, this is a Sony BDV-E780w and like I said, it's possibly already 10 years old, so it's about time for a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i haven't used physical media in ages. maybe look for online options? don't know... i think black adder here is on amazon... or maybe it was netflix.

--

yep, it's free on prime video. same as father ted hahahahahaaaaaa. fucking father ted...
I try to stay away from paid online streaming services. I've got HBO now, but that's only because it comes free with the cable package. I'm still old-fashioned, I like physical media. Besides, there's a lot of fuzz about Amazon right now, so that's another reason for not paying for streaming via Amazon. Instead I bought these boxsets from the Amazon site No not really, I used the Dutch competitor, but I did order some other stuff (CD's that the Dutch site didn't have) recently from the German Amazon.de site which currently still serves as the homebase for the Netherlands.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2019, 05:42 PM   #2983
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ oh, i don’t have amazon music, only prime video, which comes free with the 2-day shipping

you guys got black friday too? hahaha. plague does travel...

[eta: i still have a refurbished br player i bought for $30 on amazon, years ago. it’s in my boondocks house waiting for the alpacalypse.]

anyway, im re-hooked on the sopranos all over again (yes they’re free on prime video right now for some reason), just started the final season.

eta: except for too many dream/alternate reality episodes, which... come on already this is not twin peaks
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2019, 02:48 PM   #2984
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you guys got black friday too? hahaha. plague does travel...
Yep we get all the good stuff from your country. Sales and fast food. Until now we've been able to stay away from the Thanksgiving turkeys. But especially in my city there's a US original fastfood restaurant on every corner.

Some stores were complaining about Black Friday because it's too close before Sinterklaas (5 December) and Christmas. So they were proposing to reschedule Black Friday to earlier in the year.

Anyway, I subscribed to Netflix to watch The Irishman. So if anyone has any suggestions, fire away. Especially if there's a good science fiction alien comedy series or film.

Old 12.04.2019, 03:45 PM   #2985
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Yep we get all the good stuff from your country. Sales and fast food. Until now we've been able to stay away from the Thanksgiving turkeys. But especially in my city there's a US original fastfood restaurant on every corner.

Some stores were complaining about Black Friday because it's too close before Sinterklaas (5 December) and Christmas. So they were proposing to reschedule Black Friday to earlier in the year.

Anyway, I subscribed to Netflix to watch The Irishman. So if anyone has any suggestions, fire away. Especially if there's a good science fiction alien comedy series or film.

black peter friday: is it racist?

anyway, netflix

the... what’s the name with the junkie lady from orange... natasha.... lyonne? RUSSIAN DOLL! very good.

i started watching santa clarita diet but forgot, the guy from justified was in it and was funny (sheriff bullock from deadwood)

never seen narcos but apparently it was traumatizing for many

house of cards was brilliant till they shitcanned kevin spacey

orange is the new black can be good in seasons but also depressing (‘merica! jails!)

CHAPELLE IS A MUST

GLOW was great too

oh, holy shit, the best show ever is BOJACK HORSEMAN

none of these are science fiction. trying to think of one. black mirror? never saw it so i am not sure.
Old 12.04.2019, 04:40 PM   #2986
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Black Mirror is overrated, mass brainwashing disguised as edgy avant-garde television. It is Twilight Zone without humanity.
Old 12.04.2019, 04:52 PM   #2987
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Black Mirror is overrated, mass brainwashing disguised as edgy avant-garde television. It is Twilight Zone without humanity.
glad i dodged that bullet

aside from that—didn’t you like peaky blinders? or am i thinking of the wrong person?
Old 12.05.2019, 02:18 PM   #2988
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
before you splurge on a new dvd player, check out your refurb shop, if you have one, I got a 2005 era Marantz with like 0 wear on it for 10$, it's been working great for 4 years.
Old 12.05.2019, 02:21 PM   #2989
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

yeah, a couple of the episodes were really repulsive in Season 1, the one about the pig and the one with Mike Smiley where the criminals were killed over and over again. Extra crappy stuff. I stopped watching. Charlie Booker was a great snarky comedian, not so much as a dystopian writer
Old 12.06.2019, 06:25 PM   #2990
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

caught last night the first episode of CARNIVAL ROW

nice cast, peculiar settings, there’s some promise in the story—i’m slightly intrigued, yeah.
Old 12.08.2019, 10:49 AM   #2991
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^really enjoyed first season of that and yeah i binged. good story (about refugees, indentured servitude, racism, etc), and the girl is pretty.

(also: titties)

rené echeverría who had a hand in ds9 is one of the creators, and it shows—the borg queen is in this hahahahah

Old 12.08.2019, 10:51 AM   #2992
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I keep seeing the trailers before watching anything on prime. Annoying thing is when it plays there's a sound on it that sounds like someone rapidly knocking on my front door.

Since then I'm boycotting the program. I need to be more confused than I already am.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 11:15 AM   #2993
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I keep seeing the trailers before watching anything on prime. Annoying thing is when it plays there's a sound on it that sounds like someone rapidly knocking on my front door.

Since then I'm boycotting the program. I need to be more confused than I already am.

Old 12.08.2019, 11:42 AM   #2994
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlthfXAluA

This is longer trailer but the knocking on it does my tree in. It's played before I watch something else on Amazon prime so many times I'm boycotting it without knowing anything about it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2019, 01:52 PM   #2995
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlthfXAluA

This is longer trailer but the knocking on it does my tree in. It's played before I watch something else on Amazon prime so many times I'm boycotting it without knowing anything about it.
oh, that rapping sound does not exist in the show. that fucking music is in the trailer alone

anyway, here’s an adolescent argument in favor (nsfw if your job involves children)

https://ci.phncdn.com/videos/201909/...SIzpBoU7)7.jpg (pg 13: titties)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

plus maybe, if you watch it, the trailer will cease to play elsewhere

but seriously, was a decent/timely story, imaginative, visually well put together, and a good cast— plus the borg queen!
Old 12.08.2019, 01:57 PM   #2996
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

anyway, britannia season 2 is not on yet
Old 12.09.2019, 09:14 AM   #2997
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Watchmen be killing it, guys.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2019, 09:36 AM   #2998
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Watchmen be killing it, guys.
sure, maybe on vacation i’ll get a free month of hobo and binge
Old 12.11.2019, 10:24 AM   #2999
_tunic_
invito al cielo

I ordered the new Monty Python boxset a couple weeks ago, it still hasn't arrived, even though something else I ordered at the same time did arrive last week. I just checked the invoice, under shipping carrier it says:

Carrier Monty Python Shipping

So now I'm afraid it will take another couple of months ...

Old 12.11.2019, 10:34 AM   #3000
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

So now I'm afraid it will take another couple of months ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECUtkv2qV8
100140147148149 150 151152153160 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth