Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.05.2014, 07:00 PM   #4281
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps- this is a really beautiful article. or maybe i'm drunk ha ha. but no. check it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...a-nations.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2014, 09:07 AM   #4282
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

thought this should go here.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2014, 01:13 PM   #4283
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Here's the garlic... (my halitosis will beat you all in the fantasy league)...

Start again, you haven't read what's up there, as it never ever was ever written ever, nope...

French drama: Ribéry withdraws!
I feel sorry, yet I wished he would not have been part of the group as he was injuried. In 2002, France exited very early. They had Zidane with them, but he had to be sidelined for the first two games. When he came in on the third, it was already too late, and his partners seemed more focused on delivering him a good ball than spotting someone else closer to doing something interesting.
Thus some among the French wished for Ribéry to be omitted. That's another blow, for him. He hoped he could clinch the Ballon d'Or, with a brilliant season. That went Ronaldo's way. After that, it went downhill. Didn't play much for Bayern with his back being too painful.

Second surprise, Grenier is out too. No regret. He was meant to be a sub, and he never was any good for the national team anyway.

What to expect of the future world champions?

Goalkeeper: Lloris, who plays for a team that has no room for defenders; he's been average for 12 months now... Some may wish Ruffier gets there, he's punchier, but I don't see that coming.

Defenders: Evra will start and battle (and forget to defend or be beaten by quick opposition).
It's assumed Varane will start too, with Sakho alongside him.
Sakho looks clumsy, but is very good when it comes to get a header, he'll be tough. Koscielny might take his place, but the pundits doubt it. The reason is they fear the moment when he concedes a penalty and/or gets red carded, which is a bit harsh or sad, as, this moment aside, he's quite good.
On the right, it will probably be Debuchy, who is great, but who gets a yellow too often.

Midfield: Cabaye-Matuidi-Pogba
That's where the strenght lies.
Though my favourite pundit (Didier Roustan) is skeptic about Cabaye since his move to PSG.

Creativity:
Valbuena; had a poor season at Marseille but he's always been great for France. He delivered three assists during France-Norway (4-0). He's always been trustworthy when his coaches hesitated between him and another player (like Nasri for instance).

Forward:
Benzema.
The remaining star.
Subs: Giroud (unfortunately, France isn't an offensive side, he won't be used at his best, with his back to goal, assisting the forthcoming Ramsey, alas...)

To replace Ribéry:
Griezmann, 23, more than decent
Rémy, never too convincing in blue
Cabella, who's been called back, and who's interesting

We'll see against Jamaica

Grenier's been replaced by Southampton's Schneiderlin, who has yet to play a game for France. That's fine.

Garlic time, I'm off to the kitchen now.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2014, 01:22 PM   #4284
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
French drama: Ribéry withdraws!

what the….!!!

oh i googled

he didn't up and quit but he's out on injury yes?

that's fucking terrible. i really like him.

bagh!

but anyway, good to hear you'll join the fantasy league.

enjoy l'ail. soon it will be pesto season!! or pistou, in your parts.
Old 06.06.2014, 02:19 PM   #4285
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ps- this is a really beautiful article. or maybe i'm drunk ha ha. but no. check it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...a-nations.html

Great article. Thanks! I've read some stuff before on just how fanatical Uruguay is about its football. Would love to one day go to a league game. The atmosphere just seems insane.

Quote:
team usa is thoroughly fucked in that group. i have zero hope. with or without ronaldo i expect them to get creamed.

Don't worry, Donovan will save you. Oh yeah, no, he won't will he.

It definitely looks grim for the US. You'll absolutely have to beat Ghana to stand any chance at all and I wouldn't necessarily make you favourites against them either. But both teams know it's a must-win so for the neutral it could be a bit of a classic.

Quote:
my favorite dark horse was colombia. i was hoping they'd go far-- they came in 2nd in the conmebol qualifiers after argentina, and they have a strong, solid team. unfortunately, woe is them, they'll be missing falcao who this week had to drop out due to injury. ouch! what a loss.

Not predicting them to win outright but Croatia have a decent chance of getting to the semis, at least. They'd most likely have to beat Spain along the way but we all know they're not the force they were. Assuming things go as planned for Argentina they'd face Croatia in the semis and, while Argentina would be favourites to win that, in a single game, who knows? Croatia are quietly very decent.

For all that I'm still predicting a Neymar v Messi final. A dream come true for Barcelona's marketing department.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2014, 05:04 PM   #4286
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

To replace Ribéry:
Griezmann, 23, more than decent
Rémy, never too convincing in blue
Cabella, who's been called back, and who's interesting

Still no way in for Nasri?
Old 06.06.2014, 07:47 PM   #4287
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I will be the first to eat some crow in a few weeks if proven otherwise, but surprisingly I think the US has a solid chance to advance in second place in their group.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2014, 10:10 PM   #4288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Oh Dear - Reus Injury

Fred just got robbed of a goal in the 74th minute for Brazil #bollocks

FUUUUUCK I JUST HEARD ABOUT IT.

over a game vs armenia. FUCK!!!

--

on other news, just saw mexico get punched in the huevos at the last minute by portugal. only saw the last 15 minutes but it looked fast and chaotic-- a sign that, if anything, they're all in great form and ready to run non-stop.
Old 06.07.2014, 03:25 AM   #4289
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Still no way in for Nasri?

His girlfriend's outburst has ruled him out.
How would the coach be respected if he were to call him back?
Unless someone else gets crocked against Jamaica.

Those friendlies have had some very bad results:
Germany - Reus, who I was looking forward to watching play
Italy - Montolivo, who could have been more important than in the Euro
Mexico - Montes, his leg broken in the minutes that followed his goal against Ecuador
Old 06.07.2014, 09:16 AM   #4290
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

more chances for damning injury today!

argentina/slovenia
belgium/tunisia
el salvador/spain
england/honduras
us/nigeria

who will be the next casualty?

aggghhhhhhhh
Old 06.07.2014, 11:29 AM   #4291
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

(I'd bet on Agüero, but there's no fantasay casualty game for perverts)
Old 06.07.2014, 11:43 AM   #4292
demonrail666
invito al cielo

England's been pretty lucky so far, with none of our obvious starting 11 picking anything up. Biggest worry for me tonight is that something might happen to any of our core defenders. We saw how weak the second string looked against Ecuador. After watching Milner at RB, I wouldn't even play Johnson tonight, in case he gets a knock. Not that any of it would significantly affect our chances either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think the US has a solid chance to advance in second place in their group.

And I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.
Old 06.07.2014, 11:48 AM   #4293
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
(I'd bet on Agüero, but there's no fantasay casualty game for perverts)

Aguero or Costa, but I'd make Aguero captain for double points.
Old 06.07.2014, 01:36 PM   #4294
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the way things are going-- falcao out, ribery out, reus out-- i'd venture messi, lukaku, and costa are bound to get their knee ligaments torn.
Old 06.07.2014, 02:28 PM   #4295
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
List of players ruled out of the world cup

Oh Theo...*single tear* AND I didn't realise Benteke is out.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2014, 02:39 PM   #4296
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
13 minutes into Belgium vs. Tunisia, the match became interrupted.

What exactly does this mean???

I'm confused as some websites also has the match listed as: aborted, postponed, canceled and the above......interrupted.

Is it weather related?
What channel was that? I couldn't find it. Waiting for Spain / El Salvador on Univision.
Old 06.07.2014, 02:49 PM   #4297
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It was postponed cos of a hailstorm apparently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIK9WopEivw
Old 06.07.2014, 02:59 PM   #4298
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
This game is not on my TV.

I was following along via the web due to the fact I have Tunisia +1.5 tied up in a parlay

oh…. ha ha ha ha.

i know nothing about sports betting.

hey, some of those betting sites shows the games streaming.

here come spain + el salvador.
Old 06.07.2014, 03:13 PM   #4299
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^^^yes, some sites do and many of them place / download unwanteds on your computer.

I parlayed Moldova +1.5 with Tunisia +1.5 for $22.

Moldova already covered for me this morning losing 1-0......if Tunisia wins or at least keeps it within +1.5, I win $64 (total of $86 placed back into my account).

Does anyone have thoughts on England vs. Honduras or USA vs. Nigeria?

Honduras to win 4-0, U.s.a draw 1-1

Bet your house.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2014, 05:03 PM   #4300
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Honduras to win 4-0, U.s.a draw 1-1

Bet your house.

ha ha ha

-----

so far everyone survives

but cesc sucked hairy balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
There's not a free space there for Martinez. Busquets and Alonso are set in stone. Although hard to see a space for him in defence too. I don't think he'll be starting anyway.

there was no sight of piqué today and martínez took his place instead
165205212213214 215 216217218225265315 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth