Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Over-rated films
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2007, 06:50 PM   #41
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I don't want to get into an argument with anyone about David Lynch, but most David Lynch movies are a real bore. And when they do manage to have some interesting scenes, the movie itself ultimately ends up going nowhere.

Absolutely agreed.

And Stanley Kubrick, who made more bad films (Eyes Wide Shut, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange) than good.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 06:51 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've seen it, which is why I said "most" and not "all."

i know i know. i was just trying to point at things you might like.

btw, error: lost highway edit: WILD AT HEART is great too, especially if you've watched the wizard of oz (i haven't, ha h aha).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 06:53 PM   #43
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I've never seen Eyes Wide Shut (Tom Cruise just pisses me the hell off, so his movies tend to stand no chance with me), Full Metal Jacket was okay overall (very good first half, underwhelming second), and both The Shining and A Clockwork Orange please me.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 06:56 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
And Stanley Kubrick, who made more bad films (Eyes Wide Shut, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange) than good.

no pookie! no!

clockwork orange was brilliant. i must have seen it 15 times. best movie ever certainly not but good & groundbreaking in its way. i like barry lyndon better now but anyway.

the shining, though quite slow, has amazing cinematography. i don't know if you're telling this from the point of view of a horrorshow hater or stephen king vindicators? i usually dislike horror movies but the shining is a visual delight.

full metal jacket was pretty good too.

eyes wide shut i feel is where kubrick was misunderstood. i really liked that movie. it was scary. as much as i despise tom cruise he was perfectly cast as this well-meaning but bumbling idiot. and nicole kidman blew the poor little bastard out of the water.
Old 04.15.2007, 06:56 PM   #45
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know i know. i was just trying to point at things you might like.

btw, lost highway is great too, especially if you've watched the wizard of oz (i haven't, ha h aha).

Lost Highway was probably what led to me pretty much giving up all hope for Lynch. It was such a tease in every way. No delivery. What a shame, because I still think it could have been great.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.15.2007, 06:58 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Lost Highway was probably what led to me pretty much giving up all hope for Lynch. It was such a tease in every way. No delivery. What a shame, because I still think it could have been great.

oh fuck sorry im such a retard!!!

i meant WILD AT HEART.

sorry sorry.. ha h aha
Old 04.15.2007, 07:00 PM   #47
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh fuck sorry im such a retard!!!

i meant WILD AT HEART.

sorry sorry.. ha h aha

Wild At Heart, now I do love that one, I think it's fucking hilarious and terribly misunderstood.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.15.2007, 07:02 PM   #48
sarramkrop

The psychological rape scene being one of them.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 07:04 PM   #49
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wild At Heart, now I do love that one, I think it's fucking hilarious and terribly misunderstood.

I was having a conversation with a friend recently, and we were trying to pinpoint the moment when Nicolas Cage stopped being the most fantastic, exciting, charasmatic, just fucking AMAZING living American actor.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 07:05 PM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I was having a conversation with a friend recently, and we were trying to pinpoint the moment when Nicolas Cage stopped being the most fantastic, exciting, charasmatic, just fucking AMAZING living American actor.

when he did leaving las vegas? that movie was shit & his performance was over the top & ridiculous.

i wonder what happened to him, now that you point it out.
Old 04.15.2007, 07:07 PM   #51
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Valley Girl and Raising Arizona were phenomenal.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.15.2007, 07:09 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i havent seen valley girl but raising arizona made me laugh so hard i got bellyaches. i still laugh, i've seen it maybe 4-5 times. each time a new layer of absurdity reveals itself. great movie.
Old 04.15.2007, 07:11 PM   #53
luxinterior
invito al cielo

I'm actually going to have to talk about Wild At Heart during my speech on Willem Dafoe that I have to present in class on Tuesday. The assignment was to give an informative speech, and when it comes to things like that I always fall back on Willem Dafoe because I've seen/own an obnoxious amount of his movies. Anyway the speech is called "Willem Dafoe: His Life, His Work, His Face" and it is divided up accordingly. Right now I am working on the PowerPoint presentation that goes along with it. I am awesome at these things, and the first one that I did a few weeks ago totally killed, so I have high hopes for this one.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.15.2007, 07:13 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ light sleeper was surprisingly good, i saw it on tv once and wow! dafoe is one of my heroes, great actor-- i think he shouldn't have been the green goblin though-- that was beneath him (though he does have the face for it).
Old 04.15.2007, 07:18 PM   #55
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Light Sleeper really is underrated, I talk about it in my speech.

As for the Green Goblin character, I have a lot of quotes from people that I gathered off the internet in regard to it. I am using these in my speech:

“Willem Dafoe's face is scary enough without a mask. He could have been the scariest thing on the screen since Alien.”

“It also makes the mistake of having some gigantic honking mask to cover up Willem Dafoe's face. It would have been much more creepy just to have Willem Dafoe making insane expressions and jumping around in a green leotard, I think, because that guy's wrinkled, plastic face freaks me out.”

“I'm not a big fan of having to look at Willem Dafoe's face for an extended period of time, so it didn't have much of a chance with me from the beginning.”

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.15.2007, 07:26 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
well, i dont know if it was on porpuse or something but all i've seen from the 80's and 90's (Lua de Mel, Lua de Fel, Frenetic, Pirates...) it's pure crap... death and the maiden.....

obviously i fucking love rosemary's baby.... chinatownnnnnnnngfd hioangu whfabslgf ajgvlyuawghjl

someday i 'll see macbeth......... i just dont.tttt

i haven't seen a lot of them but the pianist? give it up for the pianist. eh...

Quote:
Light Sleeper really is underrated, I talk about it in my speech.

“I'm not a big fan of having to look at Willem Dafoe's face for an extended period of time, so it didn't have much of a chance with me from the beginning.”

ha ha, i actually like his face-- i don't like pretty boy actors, they are annoying. i don't fantasize being a famous actor but if i had to choose to be one it would be him or maybe clive owen, because if i looked like someone like di caprio i would be compelled to mutilate myself.

have you seen his interview in that "inside the actor's studio" show?? he was goddamn brilliant.
Old 04.15.2007, 07:28 PM   #57
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've never seen Eyes Wide Shut (Tom Cruise just pisses me the hell off, so his movies tend to stand no chance with me), Full Metal Jacket was okay overall (very good first half, underwhelming second), and both The Shining and A Clockwork Orange please me.
I like your comment about Tom Cruise. I realized the other day the only things I ever saw him in were Rainman and the Mission Impossible movies. And only Rainman was good. And that was thanks to Dustin Hoffman, of whom I am a fan.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 07:31 PM   #58
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Gone In 60 seconds. Or 8mm. Whichever came first, I didn't feel like pulling up imdb for this.

Incidentaly, I didn't totally hate Gone In 60 Seconds, at least when it came out. I think this was mostly due to it being roughly around the Fast and Furious release (once again, didn't check imdb for this one) and compared to it, it was a masterpiece. Of course, that's not saying much.
Old 04.15.2007, 07:33 PM   #59
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I loved that movie!

'Sideways' sucked off trannies.
Geez, how did I forget to mention Sideways? God, all I heard about forever was how great this was, and I finally got around to seeing it, only to be GREATLY GREATLY disappointed.
Old 04.15.2007, 07:33 PM   #60
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
remember that part when theu threw an old man thru a window... sometimes i would like to do that to polanski...... he's a 13 year old pervert andddddd ..............
sometimes he's a fuckagd snob and makes but then aioa there's's this brilliant short films and jkasf ça but I love him andap shiypk+ hary
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth