Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page People commenting on songs you like
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2010, 01:22 AM   #41
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
I work in a radio newsroom, and one of our reporters was doing a story about the last batch of inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He was on the air reading over the list of artists being inducted and when he got to The Stooges, the guy next to me turns and says, "The Stooges!? Why the hell would they put a comedy troupe into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!? What do The Stooges have to do with music!?"

I stared at him like he was the dumbest person I had ever encountered in my life, and he goes, "What? Were they a band too!?"

I just said, "Yeah... yeah they were." and went back to what I was working on.

I flipped my shit when I saw this. This is shocking and epic at the same time.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 02:22 AM   #42
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I remember me driving with my dad at the age of 18, and playing some Autechre in the car. He listened to it for about 5 minutes and then he was like: "How can you listen to this stuff?" It's just drums!"

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 05:55 AM   #43
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I tend to find that most people I know are into something I like. Something that always interests me is how a lot of people always go for things I wouldn't expect. Liking SY is too far out of reach for a lot of people, but I've found that female visual artists tend to love Diamanda Galas, or that Happy Hardcore sorts really dig doom and black metal.

I don't think that listening to noise or noisey music means you have better taste than someone else, by the way. I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum could tolerate one of my country-fests (with the exception of Herr Rail), and I couldn't tolerate listening to more than a few minutes of, say, Polvo and Pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 06:46 AM   #44
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I listened to some Japanese stuff with a friend and she said she'd probably like it if she could understand what they were singing about.

Dedicated Metallica fan: "Megadeth?!... Dave Mustaine still cries about not being good enough for Metallica... but yeah, I've never really listened to Megadeth."

"The Jesus and Mary Chain guitarist only knows ONE chord. That's a fact."
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 06:04 PM   #45
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
HAHA He was really thinking of the The Three Stooges? That's out of control!

Yep, dude really thought that The THREE Stooges were going into the Rock Hall.

I mean... what the fuck!?
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2010, 06:36 PM   #46
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I remember me driving with my dad at the age of 18, and playing some Autechre in the car. He listened to it for about 5 minutes and then he was like: "How can you listen to this stuff?" It's just drums!"

haha reminds me of when I was in the car with my dad...I was driving it earlier than day and had SYR8 in....

after listening to it for 15 minutes, Mats Gustaffson came in with his crazy sax and yeah....he was like "how can you listen to this..?'
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth