Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page discussion about time, does time exist?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.04.2013, 05:15 PM   #201
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
we simply don't have something to mesure the universe with
humans can use a selfcreated model to mesure things
and humans have a system that uses the circumference of the earth : by 24h and so on

if you look at the universe expanding you can hold other systems who are more easy and help the human perception

if we go back to the a*beam that directly starts from the center of the big bang to you

it is the rewind of what happend in the universe

big bang * >>> expanding >>>> multiversum for your life follows then >> goldilock >> life in water starts >> evolution >> specie starts to walk >> you

and that is simply the rewind
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 05:19 PM   #202
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
the rewind of all that is visable to us
the rest of infinity is invisable
with the next generation hubbles well see more, i hope
Old 01.04.2013, 06:34 PM   #203
gast30
invito al cielo

aha so that is the doppler shift

end of the spectrum <<<< the observer >>>> begin of the spectrum

and what did gast30 say: the observer is bio-activity / the brain
Old 01.04.2013, 06:43 PM   #204
gast30
invito al cielo

whit that said, this muliversum of the 2 legged creature that is surrounded by infinty is going to let the brainmachine have it's sleep-function going
to wake up the next day in the infinty
the same infinity as before the sleep only a bit more expanded
Old 01.04.2013, 08:23 PM   #205
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Perhaps I was misguided in using "doppler" to describe the relativistic nature of time experienced by accelerated bodies, as I was not intending it to descibe a true red-shift (although if time was prismatic, I'd assume that to be the case).

My vague, and granted poorly worded point was: the proof of time's existence lies in the ability of separate observers to measure its passing at different speeds in relation to their own movement through space.

Were time simply some grand illusion, created by the human mind in some pale attempt at encapsulating universal law, one would suspect that the measurement would be the same, regardless of individual velocity.

As a side-note, I find it interesting that suchfriendsisdangerous may finally find reason to be in agreeance, being the only SYG Coptic that I know of.

Merry Christmas, friend. Your posts are ever and always appreciated.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2013, 08:48 AM   #206
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
time stops when we're balls-deep right?
Old 01.09.2013, 03:56 PM   #207
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
time stops when we're balls-deep right?
i think time stops when you live in the now of normal bio-activity, the normal animal state of brain

all animals live constantly in the now
Old 01.09.2013, 04:37 PM   #208
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
we ALL live in the Now. consciousness or ability to think has nothing to do with it. What consciousness allows is the willful travel to the past through memory, but it is just an illusion.

tons of animals understand time and understand causality and know that when signals from the universe/sun/weather dictate a change in behaviour.
Old 01.10.2013, 03:59 PM   #209
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0110142129.htm

Ever since he was a kid growing up in Germany, Holger Müller has been asking himself a fundamental question: What is time?
That question has now led Müller, today an assistant professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley, to a fundamentally new way of measuring time.
Taking advantage of the fact that, in nature, matter can be both a particle and a wave, he has discovered a way to tell time by counting the oscillations of a matter wave. A matter wave's frequency is 10 billion times higher than that of visible light.
"A rock is a clock, so to speak," Müller said.
Old 01.23.2013, 11:03 AM   #210
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...183823151.html Why Time is a Social Construct How different cultures answer the question "what is time?"
Old 01.24.2013, 02:05 PM   #211
gast30
invito al cielo

it is just something you mix robert schunk
motion with time

keep things clear
because if you have 100 balls moving in a space
this make not create time
Old 01.24.2013, 02:05 PM   #212
gast30
invito al cielo

it is just something you mix robert schunk
motion with time

keep things clear
because if you have 100 balls moving in a space
this make not create time
Old 01.24.2013, 02:23 PM   #213
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
The balls and their given velocity do not create time, but require it for movement through space.

D = R x T
Old 01.24.2013, 02:29 PM   #214
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

space...I believe in spacee
Old 01.24.2013, 02:39 PM   #215
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I had me a vision; there wasn't any televison.
Old 01.24.2013, 02:43 PM   #216
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
The balls and their given velocity do not create time, but require it for movement through space.

D = R x T
NO
time did not make the big bang possible

your theory is: the big bang, movement trough space, is only possible if there is time

time is nothing more then a word humans have created
Old 01.24.2013, 02:56 PM   #217
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

time was CREATED in the "big bang".

I really hope that the big bang was a queef from the mother goddess. wouldn't that be great?
Old 01.24.2013, 04:54 PM   #218
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
NO
time did not make the big bang possible

your theory is: the big bang, movement trough space, is only possible if there is time

time is nothing more then a word humans have created
YES.

Time had nothing to do with the beeg bung, gravity did.

Distance equals rate times TIME is a formula, not a theory, however, no object in this universe (note: I did not state multiverse) can travel any distance without time.

MATH:

Rate = 299,792,458 m/s (c)
Time = ZERO N/A NIL

299,792,457 m/s x 0 = 0

Distance = ZERO N/A NIL

In fact, we could take this further and state that due to the relation of time and space in the universal physical constant (c), without time, THERE WOULD BE NO MASS OR ENERGY. No strings could vibrate.

Mo = Eo/C2

DIG????
Old 01.24.2013, 04:59 PM   #219
gast30
invito al cielo

not at the moment
i'm too stoned to let the brainmachine work

i think like this if there was no big bang then this empty space was also in 1 infinte dimension
Old 01.29.2013, 09:38 AM   #220
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

there was no "space" before the bang. space and time were created at the bang. whatever was before is incomprehensible to us, and unreachable. Unless we can travel through a black hole.

I always thought that a black hole could create a singularity which would shoot out of our universe and create it's own universe, starting with it's own big bang. multiverses!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth