Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm so fucking tired of people complaining about the price of gas
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2008, 09:39 AM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Every fucking day I hear about it.

And about how bad the economy is. Blah blah blah.

Until November, nobody can do shit about the price of gas.

If I comment on the situation, most people start a pro-Republican rant.

If only these people would stop watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:39 AM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome to the Bitter State of Pennsylvania

Guns, anyone? How about Religion?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:40 AM   #3
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

If only these people would stop watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh.

in november, if a democrat is elected... gas prices will get even higher.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:40 AM   #4
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
to back that up... the oil companies aren't taxed worth a shit right now. with a democrat in office, the oil companies will be heavily taxed and just who do you think is going to pay for that?
Old 06.26.2008, 09:42 AM   #5
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Have you been chatting with my dad?

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:46 AM   #6
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
to back that up... the oil companies aren't taxed worth a shit right now. with a democrat in office, the oil companies will be heavily taxed and just who do you think is going to pay for that?

Our biggest problem right now is that the oil companies who set the prices are allowed to speculate on oil futures. So if they raise the price of oil, they make money on speculation. The law that allows them to do this was written by Enron Lobbyists and Republican senator Phil Gramm and signed into law by Bill Clinton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_loophole

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:48 AM   #7
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
Welcome to the Bitter State of Pennsylvania

Guns, anyone? How about Religion?

time to come back to DC, the gun ban was overturned this morning, so free glocks for all!
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:50 AM   #8
sarramkrop

No chance of an American Auschwitz, then.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 09:56 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
time to come back to DC, the gun ban was overturned this morning, so free glocks for all!

i was just reading the post!

now when members of the mara salvatruca start shooting at each other, bystanders can participate!

woohoo! the wild west!

Old 06.26.2008, 09:56 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Hooray for the Supreme Court!

banning handguns in such a dangerous and violent city, to create "safety" for the rich politician assholes was just fucked up.

guns for everyone!
Old 06.26.2008, 10:00 AM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Our biggest problem right now is that the oil companies who set the prices are allowed to speculate on oil futures. So if they raise the price of oil, they make money on speculation. The law that allows them to do this was written by Enron Lobbyists and Republican senator Phil Gramm and signed into law by Bill Clinton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_loophole

yeah but futures dont necessarily have to go up or have negative consequences.

my old apartment building heated with oil, and they had a kickass long-term deal on oil prices with the supplier-- even as prices climbed, they maintained a low cost. the company made up for this, he claimed, by trading on oil futures.

now what do you think will happen to oil futures if tomorrow we discover a new cheap technology for solar prices & develop an infrastructure for natural gas in cars?

on a related note, a huge sugar producer in florida is going out of business & selling its land back to the state to help restore the everglades. i don't know if you see the connection, but that's a step closer to having cheap ethanol imports-- which yes, i know, aren't sufficient-- but anything helps.
Old 06.26.2008, 10:00 AM   #12
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
how high are prices in america compared to europe?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 10:05 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Hooray for the Supreme Court!

banning handguns in such a dangerous and violent city, to create "safety" for the rich politician assholes was just fucked up.

guns for everyone!

it's not so dangerous

flint, michigan; st louis, detroit, memphis, orlando,oakland, miami gardens, little rock, baltimore, philadelphia, atlanta, dleveland, nashvil, miami, st petersburg, stockton and springfield (the simpsons?) have a higher violent crime rate.

Then again, criminals can get guns while civilians cannot, so that makes things uneven.

Be Your Own Rambo!
Old 06.26.2008, 10:06 AM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
one gallon of regular unleaded gasoline costs from $3.85-$4.50
Diesel gasoline is selling at $5.15-$5.75 a gallon

Just 4 years ago it was $1.50-$1.75 a gallon for unleaded regular and diesel was ALWAYS, ALWAYS at least 50 cents cheaper per gallon. I do nnot understand why diesel has gone up so much compared to gasoline. diesel is easier to refine, cheaper to make, less dangerous to trasnport, etc. it makes no fucking sense at all, unless the asholes that run this shit are doing it to keep people from buying cars and trucks that can be converted to biodiesel.
Old 06.26.2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the problem is, like mangajunky said, that everything is based on speculation and since the u.s. is currently in a state of permanent panic, then shit is going through the roof.

why don't they fight media terrorism in the u.s.?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 10:07 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

they are lots lower

but then again this is a bigger country where people are accustomed to driving long distances, and where suburban areas were built around the car-- many suburban streets don't even have sidewalks, public transportation is useless, and you must drive everywhere.
Old 06.26.2008, 10:11 AM   #17
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

Gas prices are around 4 dollars a gallon right now.

Unfortunately we lack the great public transportation that Europe has that makes up for it. We used to, but the gov't completely fucked that up with overregulation- it made it completely unprofitable. There used to be a passenger trains all around Pittsburgh that would take you downtown or away from town.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 10:12 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

Unfortunately we lack the great public transportation that Europe has that makes up for it. We used to, but the gov't completely fucked that up with overregulation- it made it completely unprofitable. There used to be a passenger trains all around Pittsburgh that would take you downtown or away from town.

in the 1950s general motors bought all the trolley systems (except for san francisco's) & ripped them apart.

what happened after that was this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_sprawl
Old 06.26.2008, 10:17 AM   #19
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:

exactly. Gas is cheaper here, about 3.70 right now, but I live in one of the biggest cities area-wise in the US. You cannot function in okc without a vehicle. Not suggesting that car pooling or something like that isn't an option for some, but my job doesn't allow it. My kid goes to school about 20 miles away which is 80 miles a day right there. Adds up.
Old 06.26.2008, 10:38 AM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
exactly. Gas is cheaper here, about 3.70 right now, but I live in one of the biggest cities area-wise in the US. You cannot function in okc without a vehicle. Not suggesting that car pooling or something like that isn't an option for some, but my job doesn't allow it. My kid goes to school about 20 miles away which is 80 miles a day right there. Adds up.

you need a smart car

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth