Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why I'm leaving this forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2006, 08:12 AM   #101
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I've done a bit of trading withThurston Hunger in the past, and am engaged in some now. He's a good guy, I assure you. I've reccommended this forum to him a number of times (a reccommendation I stand by), and he finally joined.

The uncensored attitude of this place, and the fact that you have to navigate through occaisional rough humour, or sometimes straight abuse (in certain rare and extreme cases, not this one. Don't get all pissed at me!) isn't to everyone's liking. It's very rare, in fact, in my experience. I love it, personally, but it's not to everyone's taste. I think that's fair enough.

I assure you Thurston Hunger is a decent, nice and reliable chap and a genuine Sonic Youth fan. I think it's a shame he feels the way he does - my attitude is to engage in the banter and take on the (I stress, very rare) nastier types, but I respect his choice if it's not for him.

I'm going to sit on the fence, and give love to both sides.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:18 AM   #102
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
an example of proper attitude from the priest himself..

yey!

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:36 AM   #103
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by candymoan
i'd like to read that truncated..
thurston hunger might be "a whiny bastard", but i can also see what made him go overboard..

Well, I'll give you a truncated version.

(See what I did there? Eh? Eh?)

By making the decision to post on a public forum, one agrees to both be held accountable for his actions, and to subject himself to the actions of others, with, in all reality, no moderation. There is no mandate of civility on such a medium. By 'imposing' your words upon others, you agree as well to be imposed upon. You have every right not to approve of the opinions or statements put forth, but this is a mutual condition - not everyone has to like you, either.

Would HaydenAsche have held the same negative opinion of Thurston Hunger, regardless of whether he voiced it? Of course. Is frankness preferable to falsification? In my personal opinion, yes, it is.

I appreciate Gooey, and others like him, because they unabashedly voice their opinions, and accept all consequences. I do not respect those who edit themselves for the sake of diplomacy.

The bottom line is, Thurston Hunger essentially shouldn't be bothered with whether or not HaydenAsche, or anyone, approves of his posting; they're not obligated to approve. If encountering opposition makes this forum objectionable to Thurston Hunger, then he can exercise his option to leave and I would, in fact, encourage him to do so.

Why are people so opposed to a bit of healthy debate? Heated discourse? Conflict? Without these, what, I ask, is the point in interacting with others at all?

If I wanted unflagging consensuses, I would simply talk to myself.

(Save your comments.)

The moment disagreements or arguments raise their respective heads on this forum, a number of people complain about it having soured or turned unpleasant. If you folks are looking for a circle jerk, there are plenty of other places to find one other than here.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:37 AM   #104
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, kudos to Hip Priest for an unclouded assessment of the situation. The man is almost annoyingly logical and intelligent.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:40 AM   #105
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
heard.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:41 AM   #106
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Hip Priest You Are So Hip

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 11:57 AM   #107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated

By making the decision to post on a public forum, one agrees to both be held accountable for his actions, and to subject himself to the actions of others, with, in all reality, no moderation. There is no mandate of civility on such a medium. By 'imposing' your words upon others, you agree as well to be imposed upon. You have every right not to approve of the opinions or statements put forth, but this is a mutual condition - not everyone has to like you, either.

Would HaydenAsche have held the same negative opinion of Thurston Hunger, regardless of whether he voiced it? Of course. Is frankness preferable to falsification? In my personal opinion, yes, it is.

I appreciate Gooey, and others like him, because they unabashedly voice their opinions, and accept all consequences. I do not respect those who edit themselves for the sake of diplomacy.

The bottom line is, Thurston Hunger essentially shouldn't be bothered with whether or not HaydenAsche, or anyone, approves of his posting; they're not obligated to approve. If encountering opposition makes this forum objectionable to Thurston Hunger, then he can exercise his option to leave and I would, in fact, encourage him to do so.

Why are people so opposed to a bit of healthy debate? Heated discourse? Conflict? Without these, what, I ask, is the point in interacting with others at all?

(Save your comments.)

The moment disagreements or arguments raise their respective heads on this forum, a number of people complain about it having soured or turned unpleasant. If you folks are looking for a circle jerk, there are plenty of other places to find one other than here.

lets go drink some beers, i'll let you talk my ear off, but i won't shut up either
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 12:10 PM   #108
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'm not trying to run you off. You tried being a cunt in my territory. That don't fly well with me.

Wow, I guess Hayden is delusional. Is this HIS forum? lol

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 12:13 PM   #109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation

i vote yes. you are out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 12:28 PM   #110
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation

it's avril lavigne's world, we're just living in it.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 02:30 PM   #111
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^That was great.
Old 05.11.2006, 03:14 PM   #112
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i'm keepin this shit going till Big Brother starts next week. yer all cunts!?!

(ur it)
Old 05.11.2006, 08:11 PM   #113
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna be brief. It isn't my territory nor was I even implying that. If you inferred it because of your low intellect level that is your problem. I'll rephrase what I said in way maybe you can understand it.

You were being a twat when I am usually the one being a twat. It was a sarcastic comment and I didn't mean anything by it.

40,000 threads about how mean I am and people not liking me is just fucking absurd. Get a fucking life. If you don't like me then LEAVE. No one said you had to like me.

Again, you are all fucking incompetent.
Old 05.12.2006, 04:45 AM   #114
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated

(Save your comments.)

i agree with everything you say...
but hayden calling everyone cunts is not a bit of healthy debate..
replying "fuck you"s to intelligent conversations is not sarcasm, humor or heated discourse..

everyone is entitled to their opinion..
full stop.

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth