Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Japanese Noise Rock
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2008, 07:35 PM   #21
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
And that's really what it comes down to with Merzbow. He makes sense if you look at him as a musical expression of violence, and I can stand him for about 10 minutes with that in mind, but after a while it either gets boring or it puts me on edge and I need to turn it off. With artists like Haino, it comes in waves so I can genuinely enjoy it for long periods of time. It's good in moderation but it takes a certain kind of disposition to face it head-on.

to my mind merzbow isn't violent at all, more meditative. when i saw him live i left feeling positively uplifted, to put it mildly.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2008, 07:52 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
merzbow gives me fuzzy ears.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 12:08 AM   #23
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
xinlisupreme are great!

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 06:58 AM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
agreed

Old 07.13.2008, 07:13 AM   #25
sarramkrop

Does anyone like Nagisa Ni Te? He has nothing to do with Japanese rock, I just wanted to ask what people think of his records. I bought ''On The Love Beach'' a few years ago and was left really disappointed by what I've heard, especially after reading really favourable things about him. It's a compilation, I know, but what's on there didn't want to make me think twice about never wanting to hear more.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 08:14 AM   #26
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Does anyone like Nagisa Ni Te? He has nothing to do with Japanese rock, I just wanted to ask what people think of his records. I bought ''On The Love Beach'' a few years ago and was left really disappointed by what I've heard, especially after reading really favourable things about him. It's a compilation, I know, but what's on there didn't want to make me think twice about never wanting to hear more.

I've bought a few things by them hoping they would live up to expectations, but never really liked them much either. They have a few songs I like here and there.
I think the members of Nagisa Ni Te have been involved with Maher Shalal Hash Baz and some other stuff that I do like a lot, though.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 08:21 AM   #27
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone here into these Japanese "rock" would be well into ANP - KK Null's pre-Zeni Geva band - insane power trio madness, with a Swans-style intensity. The "Ultrasonic Action" Cd by them collects tracks from their first two LPs, and is phenomenal. (Also - Null's pre-ANP group YBO2 is v good as well).
Old 07.13.2008, 08:24 AM   #28
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
oh oh oh, on topic: Juke/19

I posted this to the OOP thread a while ago, will post it again here.

Juke/19 - 1978-1983

DOWNLOAD
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 05:39 PM   #29
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and bread
I've bought a few things by them hoping they would live up to expectations, but never really liked them much either. They have a few songs I like here and there.
I think the members of Nagisa Ni Te have been involved with Maher Shalal Hash Baz and some other stuff that I do like a lot, though.

Yes, that's why the disappointment was even harder to sink in. I didn't get why someone so talented (Maher) had anything to do with such blandness.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2008, 07:05 PM   #30
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I could talk all nigt about my love of japanoiseywhatthefuck, but first and foremost I feel the need to comment that Haino's "Affection" is flat out one of the most beautiful, face-melting, mind-blowing, haunting, WHATEVER pieces of music I have heard.

Fucking. Legend.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2008, 06:36 AM   #31
punkaspoo
children of satan

punkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's assespunkaspoo kicks all y'all's asses
Cell-Scape by Melt-Banana is a one bad-ass album. I love the guitar sound on that record. Merzbow and The Gerogerigegege are both good, not something I could listen to on regluar base but fun to pop on once in a while.

punkaspoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2008, 08:16 AM   #32
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Today, 04:36 AM #31 punkaspoo vbmenu_register("postmenu_625270", true);
empty page

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/ima...ine=1215680910

Cell-Scape by Melt-Banana is a one bad-ass album. I love the guitar sound on that record. Merzbow and The Gerogerigegege are both good, not something I could listen to on regluar base but fun to pop on once in a while.

i love 'cell scrape', but 'squeak queak creak' will always be my favorite, 'scratch or stich after that.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2008, 08:28 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

charlie for me.

Old 07.14.2008, 09:13 AM   #34
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

they've got some nice songs, hardly ever listen to the record i have by them though.
their albums tend to have nice cover art, i have this one:

Old 07.14.2008, 11:23 AM   #35
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
they've got some nice songs, hardly ever listen to the record i have by them though.
their albums tend to have nice cover art, i have this one:

Which ones? I have only that compilation. You're right, both the album covers and a few of the promotional pics are class.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2008, 02:14 PM   #36
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaspoo
It's the only CD I have by them, but it makes me really want want to learn how to use Max/MSP or something. I can't even fathom what Agata does to get that shit. And the recording quality of the band as a whole is extremely good. One of the best drum sounds out there.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2008, 02:31 PM   #37
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
last time i saw melt banana i was leaning on the stage an arm's length away from agata, and man, does that boy know how to use his peddles. i dont think one riff was played that wasnt manipulated beyond one wildest imagination. and the fact that melt banana is a punk band, with structures and chord progressions stuff, and agata can make riffs like and make them work in a pop song, is absolutley mindblowing and phenomenal. ive said it before and ive said it again, agata is one of the best guitarists in the world.

atsonicpark: 'charlie' is my third fave.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 06:39 AM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Which ones? I have only that compilation. You're right, both the album covers and a few of the promotional pics are class.

which songs? i don't have the track list to hand, plus i think it's in japanese anyway.
Old 07.15.2008, 03:54 PM   #39
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
melts are fantastic bith on record and live...
my favourite album.. tough call but probably scratch or dare i say bambi!
Old 07.15.2008, 04:10 PM   #40
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I found a japanese free-jazz saxophonist from the 70's, pretty good stuff.

Kaoru Abe

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth