Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What's your favourite Flaming Lips album?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is your favourite flaming lips album?
Hear it is 0 0%
Oh My Gawd!!! 1 4.35%
Telepathic Surgery 0 0%
In a Preist driven ambulance 2 8.70%
Hit to death in the future head 0 0%
Transmissions from the satelite heart 7 30.43%
Clouds taste metalic 5 21.74%
The Soft Bulletin 6 26.09%
Yoshimi battles the pink robots 2 8.70%
At war with the mystics 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10.20.2006, 09:30 AM   #21
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
how'd you do that?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 09:32 AM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I ripped all 4 discs, and mixed them together by importing each track into Cubase (any recording software would work).
Old 10.20.2006, 01:56 PM   #23
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I made my own Zaireeka mix. It isn't anything special, but I have them all on 1 disc.

speaking as someone who has done the all 4 stereo system idea, i got to say theres no way you'd get the same effect mixing it all down to one. Its so much better/interesting with 4 because different parts come in thru different stereos at different times creating this great flow and organic feeling.At times you can hear two drumbeats. Youre just cheating yourself if u think one will suffice.

Back to the poll, I like clouds taste metallic best, but transmissions and in a priest driven ambulance both tie in at a very close second in my opinion. I really love those records the best.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 02:24 PM   #24
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
Yoshimi is the best in my book.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 09:43 PM   #25
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I went with priest driven ambulance. IT fuckin rules. With probably clouds and bulletine coming in behind it.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2006, 01:30 AM   #26
NickTGH
empty page

NickTGH is just really niceNickTGH is just really niceNickTGH is just really niceNickTGH is just really nice
Zaireaka is the fucking best. Hearing it through eight speakers in four different areas of your room is an audio orgasm. However, it's not on the list, so Priest Driven Ambulance would be my second choice.
NickTGH is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2006, 08:29 AM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
speaking as someone who has done the all 4 stereo system idea, i got to say theres no way you'd get the same effect mixing it all down to one. Its so much better/interesting with 4 because different parts come in thru different stereos at different times creating this great flow and organic feeling.At times you can hear two drumbeats. Youre just cheating yourself if u think one will suffice.

Back to the poll, I like clouds taste metallic best, but transmissions and in a priest driven ambulance both tie in at a very close second in my opinion. I really love those records the best.
I've done it too. But I wanted something to be able to listen to on my ipod as well. When I get the chance (which isn't often) I use all 4 discs at once, but if I feel like listening to it on the bus, I have my own version. And, on the flip side, I got to personalize my own Zaireeka. I got to mix it. I didn't know how to do much, but I worked with it. I panned things left and right, and to the front and back. That in itself was a lot of fun.
Old 10.21.2006, 11:53 AM   #28
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I want to do the zaireeka on shrooms. That'd be holy.

Also, glad to see someone voted oh my gawd! and no one voted mystics... for that album is helplessly bland and reliant on 'krazy noises!'
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth