Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Drug music for non-drug takers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2010, 07:56 AM   #21
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I've found that some people look at me strangely when I tell them I like Pink Floyd and trippy/psychedelic music even though I never have taken and most likely never will take anything stronger than liquor, caffeine, and Red Bull (not all at once mind you) and medication when necessary.

Is it really that weird to be into crazy out there sounds even though I'm not into getting fucked up in the head?

And for those who must know, it's not so much a case I'm afraid of getting caught with illicit substances by the authorities or the possible metal/physical consequences as it is I have enough trouble with my head already...I have a tendency to mumble to myself and get easily distracted sometimes, to the point of almost losing focus on my surroundings completely...

That is the stupidest shit i ever heard. Its good music I take drugs and have taken many different kinds and I DO NOT revolve my experience around what I am listening to but more so what i am doing. Its great to have some good music on when yr fucked up, but only listening to a band cause you like the way they sound when your fucked up is just wierd to me. You dont have to be fucked up to appreciate pink floyd they make it sound like it does when you are fucked up so you are really kind of defeating the purpose. I listen to them when I am dead sober mostly and wallow in pain.

And please don't start taking shit if you are already showing signs of mental illness IT DOES MAKE IT WORSE I am living proof. It is NOT fun it is miserable. Do you really want to fully understand why Kurdt shot himself??? I do. Its not a good way to think.You got a good head on yr shoulders.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:00 AM   #22
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
people that don't try drugs are lame. are you really going to live your whole life just curious? fuck that.

that statement is ignorant and naive. Sounds like what I said fuckin 17 years ago....now im 33 and in the throws of addiction and mental problems.

Ive said it before IT is NOT better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

If you don't know what you are "missing" you are not going to go searching for it.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:55 AM   #23
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What an idiot you are. There are more people who don't take drugs than people who do. Then you get people who shouldn't take any like yourself because they make you talk too much rubbish.

sounds like someone needs to mellow out with a joint
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 09:00 AM   #24
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Is it really that weird to be into crazy out there sounds even though I'm not into getting fucked up in the head?
No, it's just pointless clichés.
I used to smoke pot and listen to punk/hc. On the other hand, smoking pot never made me enjoy reggae.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 09:25 AM   #25
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've nothing against people not taking drugs but I can't get with the whole, I can like [x] band just as much straight as a person who's off their face. That might work for some bands but listening to 808 State on E or Electric Wizard on weed is a totally different experience to listening to either of them on a can of Fanta. It's possible to still like them, but only in the way that it's possible to like a film designed to be watched in 3D without wearing the glasses.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 02:25 PM   #26
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
Yeah absolutely, I remember when getting into psych rock 'stoner' band Dead Meadow, reading a few comments from people that had gone to one of their shows sober as a cow and had said that their music actually made them feel like they were on smthing!

That's right, their brain would react in a different manner due to the strange frequencies the brain has not experienced before, transferring it into a different state. Meditation / pranayama / yoga too does the same without the usage of drugs due to the 'stillness' in the mind. Robert Anton Wilson talks about it a bit; not necessarily about music, but not exclusive to drugs and pranayama. Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVC0FcSRxL8
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 03:04 PM   #27
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
awesome! cheers, now I want to look down my reality tunnel.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 03:37 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The drugs themselves merely enhance the experience of listening to a good band, they don't exactly make the band what it is. If you get properly mashed and you're in the mood, even a band that you don't like can turn entertaining. And even then it's because the drugs are having a good effect on your body, not what's being played.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 03:41 PM   #29
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
sounds like someone needs to mellow out with a joint
I'm mildly stoned right now and your post doesn't read as shite as it probably is.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 03:44 PM   #30
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
(I used to have an extremely unhealthy daily regiment of Oxycontin and Cocaine, took me about 15 months to flush that shit out of my system, been about three years since). .

woah thats' a nasty & expensive jones. Congratulations. Pat yourself on the back each and every day!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 05:35 PM   #31
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
shitty suburban kid weed causes me not to give a fuck about music - it all sounds vague and ambient.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:24 PM   #32
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
woah thats' a nasty & expensive jones. Congratulations. Pat yourself on the back each and every day!

yeah it sucked. i try not to dwell on it though. i notice a lot of former users in AA/NA solely identify themselves as former users, and if it works for them, that's great, whatever helps. me personally, i just like to get on with my life.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:29 PM   #33
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
shitty suburban kid weed causes me not to give a fuck about music - it all sounds vague and ambient.

Suburb kids always have the best weed.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:57 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
I remember during my high school daze.... always smoking weed throughout and the more high I was, the more convinced I was that all of my teachers were high too (seriously). I spent all my time explaining to peers how and why I thought certain teachers were high. Looking back, it was stupid.

thats not stupid, its no secret that many teachers are as stoned if not more so then many students. it wasn't just you, its real

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:56 PM   #35
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Then there are records like Fugazi's "The Argument" that are totally drugged out yet created by a notoriously sober band.

does anybody know for a fact that Fugazi don't do drugs? have any of them ever made any statements about use of intoxicants in Fugazi days? I know Ian once wrote a song on the subject, but Minor Threat is pretty ancient history and now he really codes everything he says. I haven't read every interview out there, so if there is something where they proclaim themselves drug free, I'd be really curious. I can't imagine being into the sounds on Red Medicine and not liking getting high, but I know that's just me and my own frame of reference (or reeference as the case may be...)
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 02:02 AM   #36
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I have also a friend who once told me, that he can´t listen early Pink Floyd without drugs. I have always listened them without drugs and they have took me to the whole new dimensions! I have never used nothing more than alcohol. Maybe I could have tried weed, when I was younger (I used to live very small village, there was no drugs available). Now I don´t need any drugs because I have noticed even alcohol has me more negative impacts than positive. I have now so good life, that I don´t have any need to ruin it. I have very great ability to become dependent on things (like these Sonic Youth sites) so I don´t want to take risk.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth