Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2019, 10:33 PM   #24201
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Phantom of the Paradise.

Much camp
Old 07.29.2019, 08:40 AM   #24202
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

IOnce Upon a Time in Hollywood.

The theatre close by has $5 matinee's before 11 AM. Watched this yesterday with Mrs. Instigator. I enjoyed it, and was entertained. I think Tarantino is trying something new, trying to reflect his experience in Hollywood instead of his experience as a fan of Hollywood.

Right now I would give it a 7-8/10. That may go up on re-watch.
Old 07.29.2019, 10:09 AM   #24203
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Naked

This seems to hit the nail more squarely on the proverbial every time I watch it.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2019, 01:13 PM   #24204
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
FINALLY saw Avengers: Endgame

‘Twas surprisingly good
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2019, 07:23 PM   #24205
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the blues brothers

stupid goofy good and i laughed more than previous times

a bunch of great musicians in it too
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2019, 02:11 AM   #24206
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

I very strongly recommend you to never watch it, don't even try
It's stupid in an unfunny way

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2019, 06:52 AM   #24207
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
just started aquaman, i’m staring at nicole kidman’s silicone duck bill

wtf did she get done to her face

-

the neverending music is fucking awful

wow this movie sucks

khal drogo is okay though, but whoever wrote this fucking dialogue should be shot

and wtf happened to willem dafoe’s voice? jeezus...

amber heard is the poor man’s scarlett xD (she’s hot though... )

“it worked for pinocchio” is the first good line in this flick

ofc there has to be a token thug.... ufffff...

--

attack of the crawfish! lmao

predictable plot

nicole kidman looking like robocop

and now godzilla makes an entrance. lil’ bit of everything in this mishmash

insufferable orchestra

fucking awful
Old 08.06.2019, 01:12 PM   #24208
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched Trek V last night. I know a lot of Trekkerians look down on this film, and I understand why, but I really like it. It is like an extended TOS episode, and knowing that 3/4 of the way through filming Paramount took away about 6 million dollars of FX budget, forcing Shatner (directing) to find work-arounds, and use staging and lighting to better effect. The sequence when Kirk faces Sybok and asserts that Kirk NEEDS his pain, that it is what makes him who he is, is very fucking cool.

"what does god need with a starship?"

Old 08.06.2019, 03:56 PM   #24209
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Also re-watched this
What We Left behind

Saw it at the theater screening, and pre-ordered the BluRay about 2 months ago. DS9 rules.
Old 08.06.2019, 07:35 PM   #24210
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Watched Trek V last night. I know a lot of Trekkerians look down on this film, and I understand why, but I really like it. It is like an extended TOS episode, and knowing that 3/4 of the way through filming Paramount took away about 6 million dollars of FX budget, forcing Shatner (directing) to find work-arounds, and use staging and lighting to better effect. The sequence when Kirk faces Sybok and asserts that Kirk NEEDS his pain, that it is what makes him who he is, is very fucking cool.

"what does god need with a starship?"

Love it.

“What would God want with a spaceship?”

Remember seeing it in the theater. Love the type of story — sci fi mixed with religious symbolism and allegory — and it stud with me.

Plus that El Capitan scene is classic
Old 08.07.2019, 06:13 AM   #24211
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Solomon Kane

This seems to have disappeared without a trace but for my money it's one of the best all-out action-adventure films of recent years. Kane is a Robert E. Howard character so it's in a similar ball park to Conan but relocated to 17th C England (which may account for its lacklustre box-office). Expect brutal violence (the tag-line is "Fight Evil, With Evil'), a minimal plot and a very high level of total bad-assery.
Old 08.07.2019, 08:45 AM   #24212
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I never even heard of that one
Old 08.07.2019, 08:47 AM   #24213
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Saw this last night, just because Danny McBride is in it. weird, horror black comedy, some funny stuff, some horror stuff. Not a great film but I can tell they did it for a friend.
Old 08.07.2019, 09:16 AM   #24214
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I never even heard of that one

It's a British film that got no coverage here, and I'm not sure if it even has US distribution, but it seems destined for cult status once word gets out. Well worth seeking out if you can find it.
Old 08.07.2019, 09:56 AM   #24215
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

same here, first time i even hear of it
Old 08.07.2019, 10:17 AM   #24216
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I watched two Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies, and will be watching two other ones shortly too (all were on TV recently)

this one can best be avoided, even though it does have a 7.2 ranking on IMDB. It's a bit too much outdated with stereotypical stuff like Italians (or whatever white people they were) with black curly wigs playing aboriginals, and a Japanese war veteran that still believes after 30+ years that the war hasn't ended

This one was very entertaining though, it has some funny spoofs on the spy / cop movies such as James Bond.

Fun fact: Bud Spencer (the big guy) was an Olympic swimmer and the first Italian to swim the 100-meter freestyle in less than a minute.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2019, 10:30 AM   #24217
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hahahaha i remember those movies from the fog of deep childhood.

well, not the movies themselves but those 2 characters

trinity... something?

fog... i only remember the name. but yeah...
Old 08.08.2019, 10:11 PM   #24218
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

went to see the latest tarantino at the moobys

sure sure, great story no doubt, but the big thing for me was this seemed to be a bit of a technical masterpiece in the reconstruction of a whole period, not just “the period” itself but the media of said period through light. awesome color palettes and wow the movie seemed dark but the right kind of dark at night.

some themes will appear familiar to tarantino fans but this one has quite the twist and it’s not stereotypical tarantino at all. or at least it seemed so to me.

i liked this movie a lot but not at all the way i liked pulp fiction. this was something else. can i applaud at the movies? sure, fuck, why not. applause.
Old 08.09.2019, 07:16 AM   #24219
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
went to see the latest tarantino at the moobys

sure sure, great story no doubt, but the big thing for me was this seemed to be a bit of a technical masterpiece in the reconstruction of a whole period, not just “the period” itself but the media of said period through light. awesome color palettes and wow the movie seemed dark but the right kind of dark at night.

some themes will appear familiar to tarantino fans but this one has quite the twist and it’s not stereotypical tarantino at all. or at least it seemed so to me.

i liked this movie a lot but not at all the way i liked pulp fiction. this was something else. can i applaud at the movies? sure, fuck, why not. applause.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

Not going to the moobys for it though. Waiting to cop on Amazon or whatever
Old 08.09.2019, 07:46 AM   #24220
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Not going to the moobys for it though. Waiting to cop on Amazon or whatever
maybe confirmation bias on my part but worth the matinée price for the cinematography alone, if you can squeeze the time for it. the warm yellows and golds look amazing, and there’s a whole... it looks really fucking great. and stay for the end credits... yeah.

then again a well calibrated 4k teevee or even an old school plasma might also do justice. but the colors...

and also, hmm, a 40-foot tall margot robbie...

711111111611201120812091210 1211 121212131214 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth