Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Rather Ripped 'Taster CD'
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.14.2007, 06:05 AM   #1
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
I found this a few weeks ago at a local record sale

its only got four tracks on it and is like a promo release before the album came out

1. Incinerate
2. Reena
3. Do You Believe In Rapture?
4. What A Waste

(tracklisting btw)

anywho, ill post up some scans later

just wondering whether its like something everyones got or something i should cherish for its obscurity?

EDIT: Here are those scans I promised:

(cover... nothing special here... although it is a bit darker than the 'real' one)

(insert panel)

(disc)

(tray liner)

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 06:15 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know if it's obscure, but you may as well cherish it anyway. If you decide not to, you can send it to me and I'll cherish it for you.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 08:24 AM   #3
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
And the back cover cos it wouldnt let me before:

Old 03.14.2007, 01:21 PM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Its one of those promo type of things that are sent out to record stores and radio stations and the such, its relatively rare, because they are usually pressed in limited numbers but in general i don't think these become too valuable unless the music itself is rare.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 01:59 PM   #5
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging_nelly
I found this a few weeks ago at a local record sale

its only got four tracks on it and is like a promo release before the album came out

1. Incinerate
2. Reena
3. Do You Believe In Rapture?
4. What A Waste

(tracklisting btw)

anywho, ill post up some scans later

just wondering whether its like something everyones got or something i should cherish for its obscurity?

EDIT: Here are those scans I promised:

(cover... nothing special here... although it is a bit darker than the 'real' one)

(insert panel)

(disc)

(tray liner)

I have that.Mine has a press release sticker on the cover and it's a standard promo cd that is not too difficult to find.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 02:48 PM   #6
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Its one of those promo type of things that are sent out to record stores and radio stations and the such, its relatively rare, because they are usually pressed in limited numbers but in general i don't think these become too valuable unless the music itself is rare.
The highest price for a cd like this is generally £ 20/25 .
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 03:01 PM   #7
raging_nelly
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The highest price for a cd like this is generally £ 20/25 .

Ah, I got it for 1.99 (pounds)...

I think ebay may be the answer...

Old 03.14.2007, 03:10 PM   #8
sarramkrop

Sure, i got mine for a fiver.What i meant to say is that that's the highest value that they generally attain after a couple of months that they've been out.I would say that it's always good to keep an eye on those things.I have a promo copy of Bardo Pond's's 'Dilate' that hasn't got the final tracklist on it and a couple of the songs are slightly different versions and not the final ones that went on the official record.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth