Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Ludwig-less Diamond Sea
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2006, 12:16 PM   #21
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

mooger_fooger ain't too shabbymooger_fooger ain't too shabby
It's been considered....I just don't have the pride to bother posting the question...I know I saw/heard it, it was one of those monumental-cemented-my-faith-in-a-band-I-already-loved moments, chanting for Diamond Sea, and then seeing/hearing it...mostly seeing/hearing it..I could give a shit less if I was shouting for it, that's just a coincidence..
mooger_fooger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2006, 12:40 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
mooger_fooger, your writing makes little sense. You referenced Chris Lawrence in your first post yet you seemingly don't know about the concert chronology.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/cc/2004.html

I have the recording from Kool Haus '04 & The Diamond Sea was not played.
It's also not listed as being played in the concert chronology.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/cc/080504.html
A 16 + minute version of Expressway was played. I included it on Atari's Picks #3.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...tari%27s+Picks
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2006, 01:04 PM   #23
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

Like I said in my earlier posts (read before you bitch) I HATE to disagree with Chris Lawrence, and lately I'm beginning to think there is a shoddy bootleg of this show going around BUT, I was THERE, I've got the ticket stub, and they DID play Diamond Sea....I'm not trying to be vindictive, nor an asshole, but they did play this at the Toronto 2004 show.........so here comes the hate posts...
Old 08.17.2006, 01:13 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, the concert chronology is not always correct, but the show I have is the complete thing.
The show fills up 2 80 min cds & they play the longest Expressway they have in a long while on it. (I forget where that even longer 32-minute (?) one was played.) The show in D.C. shortly after and the '05 show in Nagoya with Afrirampo along for the song contain particularly long Expressways as well.
I also remember threads about this show written directly after people attended it in which reviews & pictures were shared & I don't remember anyone writing that The Diamond Sea was played, nor was it written about when the torrent for the show was seeded.
Of course, even though these are facts, you'll still insist that they played for over two hours & then they played The Diamond Sea as well.
Old 08.17.2006, 01:37 PM   #25
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

the enthusiasm for arguing web based facts with haughty fansite scenesters has really lost it's appeal, I'll just continue to bicker this with my comrades, all of whom have ticket stubs for the show, not just links and bootlegs Hooray atari! You won! Curiosity killed!
Old 08.17.2006, 02:31 PM   #26
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
I have the setlist from that show in my room and its not on there. The only song from washing machine is skip tracer, i think.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2006, 02:39 PM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooger_fooger
the enthusiasm for arguing web based facts with haughty fansite scenesters has really lost it's appeal...

the mere fact that you do not understand contractions

it is = it's
possessive = its

is one reason not to have any interaction with you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
I have the setlist from that show in my room and its not on there. The only song from washing machine is skip tracer, i think.

suck on that.
Old 08.17.2006, 02:40 PM   #28
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

You know, Reverb, I don't doubt you have the setlist, I just doubt this would be on the setlist...'cuz if it was this arguement would have been solved days ago...but as I said, I've accepted defeat, 'it was never played'
Old 08.17.2006, 02:42 PM   #29
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
oh im not sayin anything against something that anyone might have said. im just saying whats on the setlist that was printed of and used by the band. I wish it was played, but i will accept skip tracer.

Old 08.17.2006, 02:43 PM   #30
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

Thanks for the grammar lesson Atari, You're a saint (K)
Old 08.17.2006, 03:29 PM   #31
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You know, Reverb, I don't doubt you have the setlist, I just doubt this would be on the setlist...'cuz if it was this arguement would have been solved days ago...but as I said, I've accepted defeat, 'it was never played'

I have friends (very good ones that i can trust and are SY fans) who went to this show and they've confirmed that the Diamond Sea was NOT played.... NOT!
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2006, 03:33 PM   #32
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth are in such a habit of playing triple encores though, scott v, I'm just not sure that we can trust your information.

hehe
Old 08.17.2006, 03:39 PM   #33
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

this went from, "do you need a ludwig phaser for diamond sea." to, "was diamond sea played two years ago in toronto."

Old 08.17.2006, 03:48 PM   #34
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
this went from, "do you need a ludwig phaser for diamond sea." to, "was diamond sea played two years ago in toronto."

The dude just wanted to show off the fact that he knew the Ludwig phaser was used on The Diamond Sea & that was the genesis of the topic in the first place. He mistakenly wrote the other comments out of his ass & now stubbornly insists it to be true. And here we are.
Old 08.17.2006, 03:56 PM   #35
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
I was at that show.

Diamond Sea was infact played....right before Destroyer.
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2006, 11:26 PM   #36
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sadly I've come to accept that no-one here was actually at the show in question, or if they were did not sit out the encore(s)...as they DID in fact play Diamond Sea that evening (and no, not RIGHT after Dude Ranch, I was just referencing to the use of the Phase 90)

i get the set lists straight from the band after the shows, as they were played -- the concert chronology reflects these set lists, and the sets don't lie!

you, however, i'm not sure...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2006, 12:24 AM   #37
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, and after the diamond sea... they totally played free bird... it was totally sweet.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2006, 12:31 AM   #38
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Not to mention that Dark Star tease in between.
Old 08.18.2006, 03:01 AM   #39
spirale
little trouble girl

spirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's assesspirale kicks all y'all's asses
...and I WANNA BE YR DOG as 4th encore...
spirale is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2006, 09:28 AM   #40
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

My apologies to anyone I've pissed off or somehow offended with this thread...I'm dead wrong, and I'm sorry

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth