Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Mexico to legalize opium,weed,cocaine,LSD.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 09:07 AM   #21
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
did it ever occur to you that drug laws are unconstitutional from any form of government, completely waste billions of dollars a year arresting and persecuting millions of petty users, and is a scapegoat for all of the ills of our society, in much the way immigrants are becoming that scapegoat in the eyes of good ol amerikkkan patriots, who associate patriotistm with words like wetback and nigger.

Unconstitutional? wha..? Wrong. Not all laws are explicit in the constutuition, in a literal sense. hee. Scapegoat for ills of our society? Meth Amphetamine, look it up.

it is not a fact that drug traffic will increase, because Vicente Fox is on Bush's side of the fence in this regard, and he has been strengthening Mexican enforcement. the law does not affect selling or distribution, those laws remain the same. IT IS A FACT that if you legalize drugs, to eliminate the cartal/mafia trade that you are so affraid of. It is just a way for the Mexican legal system to reduce its burden, like the US should, which in some cases 60-75% of inmates in State and Federal prisons are in for drug crimes, often times repeat possession charges. now that is retarded! when you adjust for the proportion of people incarcerated and the success of the US Prison system and ending recidivism, the US spends more $$$ on prison then on schools! now that is retarded, but you my friend, for agreeing with them are close.

Like i said, it is a fact that if u make drugs more accessable by legalizing them, the use and trafficking of drugs will go up. U can water that down with yr dribble all u want. But its common sense. The other shit u bring up are different matters, altogether. i.e. the cost to U.S taxpayers, toll on prisons etc. It sounds like u r pro-Mexican legalization of LSD, Opium,etc..? That's retarded. Fortunately, Bush and the federal govt. seems to have applied some pressure and made FOX realzie, "not such a good idea"...

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:11 AM   #22
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Um, didn't someone already post a thread a couple days ago about this?

Go get your "online" degree in Political Science in 9 weeks!!!

Why? i already have one from a 4 yr institution. That tops an online 9 week degree, just so u know. u still buggin me to tutor u? is that what this is about..haha.

Old 05.05.2006, 09:21 AM   #23
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
Like i said, it is a fact that if u make drugs more accessable by legalizing them, the use and trafficking of drugs will go up. U can water that down with yr dribble all u want. But its common sense. The other shit u bring up are different matters, altogether. i.e. the cost to U.S taxpayers, toll on prisons etc. It sounds like u r pro-Mexican legalization of LSD, Opium,etc..? That's retarded. Fortunately, Bush and the federal govt. seems to have applied some pressure and made FOX realzie, "not such a good idea"...

I don't agree with your assumption that legalizing drugs makes them more accessable. There will be no new supply of drugs... it's been there all along. If the drugs were decriminalized, people would still have to get them from illegal dealers. Cops spending less time finding users means that they can spend more time finding dealers and stopping deals from going down.
The only valid reasoning about drug use in Mexico going up is the fact that a ton of tourists (who already do drugs in the first place) will now come to Mexico in search of legal drugs. It's the same thing that happened in Amsterdam. The people there that do drugs aren't the people that live there. It's the tourists that come for the cheap thrills.
Your willingness to tell people what they should do with their own bodies frightens me.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 11:26 AM   #24
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
I don't agree with your assumption that legalizing drugs makes them more accessable. There will be no new supply of drugs... it's been there all along. If the drugs were decriminalized, people would still have to get them from illegal dealers. Cops spending less time finding users means that they can spend more time finding dealers and stopping deals from going down.
The only valid reasoning about drug use in Mexico going up is the fact that a ton of tourists (who already do drugs in the first place) will now come to Mexico in search of legal drugs. It's the same thing that happened in Amsterdam. The people there that do drugs aren't the people that live there. It's the tourists that come for the cheap thrills.
Your willingness to tell people what they should do with their own bodies frightens me.

U don't agree with me that legalizing drugs makes them more accessable??
Say that again to yourself. That makes no sense.So we're gonna bust the sellers of the now legal drugs, but not the possesser? Talk about a convoluted message. The assumption that people that already do the drug will be the only ones to seek it out is shortsighted b/c just by the virtue of legalizing something, u r sending the message that it is ok to do. People then will say, hey, it's legal, so it's not so bad. There will be millions. Amsterdam is weed only and it's very controlled. But Mexico and our issues with controlling the border ..? legalizing drugs is a bad idea..

Old 05.05.2006, 01:21 PM   #25
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
It's not legalization... it's decriminalization for possession. I apologize for using the wrong term. If someone was caught in the process of buying the drugs they would still be punished under the law.
The dangers of being involved in the drug culture still exist as much as ever. This does not make it safer for people to be involved in the illegal activity of buying and selling drugs.
How will they possibly be more accessable? Do you realize how accessable they are right now? The paternalistic thinking that you exude is a worry to me. Maybe you do things because the government tells you it's right or don't do things because the government tells you it's wrong. Maybe I have too much faith in individuals? I don't really think so.
Ever thought about the idea that full-scale legalization might actually create more obstacles for younger people to get drugs? The supply could then be monitored? It's a reality that the demand will not subside. In many cases the risks of the drug culture come from the dangerous activity of buying and selling and not from the drugs themselves.
There are many sides to this argument. Open and civil debate about it is important and we should keep it up.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 02:40 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
It's not legalization... it's decriminalization for possession. I apologize for using the wrong term. If someone was caught in the process of buying the drugs they would still be punished under the law.
The dangers of being involved in the drug culture still exist as much as ever. This does not make it safer for people to be involved in the illegal activity of buying and selling drugs.

thank you nature scene, for making that point. ricechex must not be a casual drug user, or know any, because he clearly agrees with the shitstem on this one, which is as I said twice before, retarded. decriminalization does not lead to increase in use. criminalization has NEVER been observed to decrease drug use, and prison itself is not successful at ending recidivism as I also said before. isn't the intent of incriminating people for their behavior to end that so-called criminal or deviant behavior to begin with? so ricechex, is this not more logical then what you are saying?

if punishing people for their behavior does not stop the behavior, shouldn't you look for another option if you wish to stop their behavior other then that punishment which does not work?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 03:45 PM   #27
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
thank you nature scene, for making that point. ricechex must not be a casual drug user, or know any, because he clearly agrees with the shitstem on this one, which is as I said twice before, retarded. decriminalization does not lead to increase in use. criminalization has NEVER been observed to decrease drug use, and prison itself is not successful at ending recidivism as I also said before. isn't the intent of incriminating people for their behavior to end that so-called criminal or deviant behavior to begin with? so ricechex, is this not more logical then what you are saying?

if punishing people for their behavior does not stop the behavior, shouldn't you look for another option if you wish to stop their behavior other then that punishment which does not work?

"It's not legalization... it's decriminalization for possession". ..or decriminilization is legalization. It's the same thing. Actually, i do partake of the weedage. i'm in 2 bands so i'm around it alot. I just think it is not a good idea to legalize possession and then bust dealers. That alone is hypocrisy. There are tons more reasons why it would be bad for America to legalize in MExico, especially considering the timing of said legalization, and our border situation.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth