Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page R.E.M. The Best of the I.R.S. Years 1982-1987 And I Feel Fine...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.19.2007, 05:41 PM   #61
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
It looks like the video has been slightly resequenced/reedited. The audio is the Hib-Tone single, so you hear the longer intro and there's a video part to go with it.

Just press 'play' while the regular RFE vid is playing and the hidden video will start. After it ends, it'll go back to the regular version and play it if left to itself.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 06:08 PM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
PRETTY PERSUASION is the greatest song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6mDZqIMNrU
Old 01.19.2007, 06:59 PM   #63
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I really like the song 9-9 from Murmur for some reason. I love REM, especially the IRS stuff.

I grew up about 45 minutes from Athens and I used to go there all the time to visit UGA's library in high school. Too bad I wasn't into rock music then. My best friend and my brother live there now, so I still go there often. I was there for a week this past summer. I'd do the REM tour, but none of my friends are into them. Maybe I'll do it by myself one of these days.

Also, I kind of like Up, even though it is usually shat upon.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 07:46 PM   #64
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I love Sitting Still and Pilgrimage.

I should try to coax my parents to get the I.R.S years. They're hug REM fans, yet until I got them Murmur, they only had their post 1991 material.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 11:10 PM   #65
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I love Sitting Still and Pilgrimage.

I should try to coax my parents to get the I.R.S years. They're hug REM fans, yet until I got them Murmur, they only had their post 1991 material.

Pilgrimage is employed as the soundtrack for the credits on the When the Light is Mine dvd.

I moved to Athens in '89 at age 21 and it was just as they were going to WB. During the subsequent years, just about everyone I knew who professed to really like R.E.M. didn't own or just plain didn't care all that much for the I.R.S. albums! Life's Rich Pageant and Document were the only ones they really knew.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth