Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unblack Metal (Christian Black MEtal!!!)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2009, 02:52 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Satanism took both the cross and the pentagram and turned them upside down to exploit Christianity and Wicca. How is this different? If an ideologically opposed group happens to like the musical style of its "opponent," what would stop them from using it?

Not only is black metal as a style of music wholly separable from its associated ideology, but it makes more sense for Christianity to use it in response.

WICCA was fully made up in the 1950's-60's

satanism has been around afr longer than that.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:00 PM   #42
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
You're right. Replace Wicca with Pagan. Either way, Satanism inverted the pentagram from some existing religion.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:05 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what is scary is that it does not matter whether god or satan exist, but what people BELIEVE exists. They will act upon those beliefs regardless of validity.

saw a young guy on First 48 who murdered and raped 3 or 4 women, each time doing it as an act of worship to his lord satan. what can be done about people like that?
Old 02.06.2009, 03:17 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what is scary is that it does not matter whether god or satan exist, but what people BELIEVE exists. They will act upon those beliefs regardless of validity.

saw a young guy on First 48 who murdered and raped 3 or 4 women, each time doing it as an act of worship to his lord satan. what can be done about people like that?

You must give love, for people like that only become killers because they were not properly loved. all hatred and negativity stems from a lack of love and understanding, and people only become monsters when we let them..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:21 PM   #45
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't take pity on men of his kind
Even though he now takes it in the behind
Old 02.06.2009, 03:23 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't take pity on men of his kind
Even though he now takes it in the behind

pity is not quite love..

Old 02.06.2009, 03:25 PM   #47
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I know. I wasn't disagreeing with you, I've just had that song stuck in my head for two days and had an opportunity to use it.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:26 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

suchfriends is right though. that poor guy was so fucked up... I feel bad for him, but to know that such people exist and have so much hurt in them that they seek to inflict as much as possible back at the world... that shit is rougher than the stupid norwegian death metal bands, with their wanna be kiss makeup
Old 02.06.2009, 03:32 PM   #49
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

What's so weird for me to think, is how we become so wrapped up in economic equality and treatment and ethics and all that--and I'm all for economic equality, etc., don't get me wrong. And yet there is misery in every class and position. Sometimes I wonder if we approach things the wrong way. Does starvation kill as quickly as depression? I don't know. There's so much wrong with everything.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:44 PM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
What's so weird for me to think, is how we become so wrapped up in economic equality and treatment and ethics and all that--and I'm all for economic equality, etc., don't get me wrong. And yet there is misery in every class and position. Sometimes I wonder if we approach things the wrong way. Does starvation kill as quickly as depression? I don't know. There's so much wrong with everything.

love covers a multitude of sins.

A lack of love is what kills us, and many of the poor and starving live on forever because they have a life full of love, whereas many folks die by their own actions living in a world deprived of love and understanding..
the only way to save lives and improve the quality of the lives of the living, is to give unbounded and unconditional love. it is the foundation of being a human being vs being a robot

"nobody says, anything on buses, and thats why people kill themselves!"

Old 02.06.2009, 03:57 PM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
fuck yeah, even when they fucking suck terribly i ALWAYS support artists by taking their crap with a genuine smile and sense of appreciation, put out your art is not easy in such an artistically deprived society that is completely bombarded with commercial advertising and product placement..

well, I am offended musically first by crappy music and sleazy-self-interested record company people..

as a Christian I am less offended because I do not discredit the faith of others, and as Paul explained, even if Jesus is preached by those with some kind of bullshit agenda, I give praises that at least Jesus is being spoken of at all!

As a humanist, I feel the least I can do to edify these poor bastards about how intensely I dislike them is to not open their free samples and then open-faced lie about how I did open them and how great it is, all the while hoping it shows on my face that I'm out-and-out lieing and I wish they'd bugger off.
Old 02.06.2009, 04:17 PM   #52
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
As a humanist, I feel the least I can do to edify these poor bastards about how intensely I dislike them is to not open their free samples and then open-faced lie about how I did open them and how great it is, all the while hoping it shows on my face that I'm out-and-out lieing and I wish they'd bugger off.

oh, I will still tell you your album sucks or not, as a Rastaman I am honest above all else, however I will still take your crappy album off your hands just the same.

Old 02.06.2009, 04:28 PM   #53
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
See, I'd rather be dishonest and leave them guessing, or better, knowing that I'm a liar and that I will go to hell and cannot be redeemed.
Old 02.06.2009, 04:29 PM   #54
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
See, I'd rather be dishonest and leave them guessing, or better, knowing that I'm a liar and that I will go to hell and cannot be redeemed.

redemption is universal, based upon grace and not deeds, so you can be redeemed liar or not, and whether you even care or not, that is beauty of grace.

Old 02.06.2009, 04:34 PM   #55
gmku
invito al cielo

I don't wanna be redeemed.
Old 02.06.2009, 04:35 PM   #56
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

you just say that out of your ass now, as most people have said, you can never have too many saviors

Old 02.06.2009, 04:40 PM   #57
gmku
invito al cielo

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine. My sins, they only belong to... me.
Old 02.06.2009, 05:48 PM   #58
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine. My sins, they only belong to... me.

"If I thought heaven was this good I would have put a bullet in my brain years ago.." (Al Bundy at the sports bar with the chicks in bikinis)
"Hell, if I thought you had a chance to get in I'd do it for you buddy" (Jefferson)

Old 02.07.2009, 02:18 PM   #59
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 02.07.2009, 02:43 PM   #60
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
redemption is universal, based upon grace and not deeds, so you can be redeemed liar or not, and whether you even care or not, that is beauty of grace.

Thats a despicable sentiment in my opinion, and one of the most pervasive cases of subtle relativism that worshipful impulses allow. We all want to be judged as being good as if its some kind of right that doesnt have to be earned, and religion controls this wish for comfort masterfully.

Thats also what Christian black metal is about i imagine, seeing as the ideology would encourage its adherants to identify themselves with their enemy in some way and the individuals involved probably have a stormy relationship with the church but still identify as religious.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth