Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2009, 10:30 PM   #1701
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
not enough or too much?
Old 07.29.2009, 10:40 PM   #1702
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
too much!

some chick sent me 3 emails with the same idea, but all variations on her sentences. "i want to rant to you about something..." *15 minutes later* "i really need to rant and rave about something but i don't know if you want to hear about it..." *2 hours later* "hey you may not care but when you get a chance, write me. i kinda want to rant about something."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 10:41 PM   #1703
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
.....wtf
Old 07.29.2009, 10:46 PM   #1704
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
well they said that we were crap,
the name of the bands crass, not clash
Old 07.29.2009, 11:52 PM   #1705
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i still really like the clash
although i barely listen to them.
but the first album and london calling are amazing, and combat rock has some really good tracks...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 01:02 AM   #1706
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
i like them. i dunno. i think people expect too much of musicians.

but then again, you're a girl so that sort of negates any opinion you might have on this most manly of topics.

Fugazifan has said much the same thing but, as a male, his opinion obviously carries significantly more weight.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 01:58 AM   #1707
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
edit: i was going to say that the clash would have been better off without mick jones but then i remembered cut the crap. haha.
I think I prefer Mick Jones to Joe Strummer, mainly because I like his voice a lot more.
I like the UK version of their first album, a few songs from Give 'Em Enough Rope, most of London Calling is great, some of Sandanista is good, and then I don't really care for most of the rest.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 03:20 AM   #1708
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
wavves has to be the most shitty pitchfork wankers band so far.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 03:26 AM   #1709
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wavves are great. Awesome songs. Just catchy, simple, melodic poppy, noisey power chord rock. Nothing mindblowing but nothing offensive. There's a slow, surfy song on one of their albums that is easily one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. Nothing too original, but it's still great. Could use some better production though, the "hey, we recorded everything clean but then ran it through some shitty VST plugin effect so it sounds like garbage!" schtick kinda sucks. I love the poppy vocals. They're really good, I hope semi-popular music goes more in that direction rather than wherever the fuck it was going before. I don't totally understand the ENORMOUS hype, to be honest, because there's about a billion other great bands doing truely unique, wonderful things that no one gives a fuck about... so, yeah, I "get" the backlash.. but in all reality, they're still a great band.

As far as bands that have great, simple, poppy bands who have blown up overnight thanks to the internet, though, no band can top Vivian Girls. I LOVE them. Just amazing music.

Also, Pitchfork rules! Not as good as Drive Like Jehu or Hot Snakes but John and Rick had to start somewhere!!

Old 07.30.2009, 03:30 AM   #1710
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
I like pitchfork but not those indiekids how live by it and take it as their bible.

Wavves just doesn't do it for me, I tried and tried but I just keep stuck that I'm Bored is a nice song but for the rest it's crap. And the guy is a total ass.
Old 07.30.2009, 03:31 AM   #1711
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
wavves are so fucking lo fi, i love it
Old 07.30.2009, 03:33 AM   #1712
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

Everyone how is a bit into rockmusic is saying I should check them and I would love it. To be honest their/he is tottaly on my alley in musical taste but it sounds just like some big pile of overhyped crap to me.
Old 07.30.2009, 03:38 AM   #1713
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, it's overhyped. The songs are still cool, though. Personally, I am glad that there are still musicians out there, hyped to hell or not, who are just focusing on writing catchy, simple good songs. Obviously, he's not the only one who's doing it -- but compared to most of the shit that gets hyped up to Hell (who the fuck is this Grizzly Bear band everyone on my myspace is listening to? what is that bullshit? UGH), he's not bad at all.

OH -- but I gotta say, he does seem like a total fucking dipshit, in interviews and live. Of course, he's what.. 22? Hopefully he'll grow out of it...

Old 07.30.2009, 03:43 AM   #1714
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

Or stop using drugs/alcahol. His drummer left the band throught his ego problems.

Grizzly Bear are a bunch of weak softhearted indierockers which everyone seems to fall in love with.

In these days I miss bands as be your own pet....
Old 07.30.2009, 03:46 AM   #1715
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I'd like to be aunt jemima pearl's pet.

Old 07.30.2009, 03:47 AM   #1716
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

Tottaly.

Accutaly guys the new arctic monkeys is quit fucking good.
Old 07.30.2009, 03:54 AM   #1717
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Y'know I didn't 'get' Wavves for a long time, but they totally clicked for me recently. I think I was just turned off by everyone and their dad being into them
Old 07.30.2009, 03:56 AM   #1718
Satan
invito al cielo

more awesome shit if you like wavves

http://www.myspace.com/crystalstilts
http://www.myspace.com/beachfossils
Old 07.30.2009, 09:12 AM   #1719
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the shittiest pitchfork wanker band is goddamn FLEET FOXES

fucking HATE

mad HATE

john DENVER HATE

egverything on pitchfork these days is so fucking WEAK
Old 07.30.2009, 09:17 AM   #1720
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Fuck The Weak Shit
76838485 86 87888996 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth