Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2011, 04:15 AM   #61
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Biggest fan of Sonic Youth ever here. I feel lonely, bad, sad, lost. I saw videos of them, they seemed so happy, I don't know why they split up now.
Old 10.15.2011, 04:15 AM   #62
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
theyve balanced their projects and lives in such a way over the years that id still be very surprised if they dont get back to playing together eventually, given the apt amount of time.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:33 AM   #63
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
p.s. this will sound silly, but at first I thought they announced a split 7"...
That's what I was thinking too.

Anyway, this surprised me a lot as I'm sure it did everyone else. Never did we read anything about problems between them, they always managed to keep their private lives to themselves, as it should be.

Personally I don't think SY still have another album in them that would amaze me, but I'd be sad to see them go as a band nevertheless, knowing I'd never be able to see them again.

However, it's way too early to draw conclusions. To me, SY has been such a steady band over the last 30 years that it would take an awful lot to stop them from playing altogether. They've been Sonic Youth for most of their lives.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 04:52 AM   #64
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know what to say either...

I'm shocked

Gutted...

I wish them both well and hope that the inevitable bullshit that will surround this news doesn't cause them or their family (Especially Coco) any unnecessary pain.

The mere thought that this may mean the end of SY makes me feel sick to the stomach... but only for selfish reasons.

They must do what's best for them.

Thanks Thurston and Kim, your creative bond has been an inspiration !

And I know it's not over yet.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 05:19 AM   #65
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
p.s. this will sound silly, but at first I thought they announced a split 7"...

me too .... hm, a caesure for sure

This may sound like a sacrilege on this forum, but nothing lasts forever, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 05:39 AM   #66
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HHHHHHH

i have no more intelligent response poor kim and thurston and poor coco its so sad. hopefully the band will be able to continue.
Old 10.15.2011, 05:45 AM   #67
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
through this year, most of my best friends, who all happened to be couples, separated from their partners. on top of that, I think the same is happening to my 5-year relationship - dissolving for reasons uncertain - and we've been playing together since 2007, and I don't think I could explain what this relationship meant to me.

now I don't know what to think. it must be this year. something in the air.
I can't help but think it's sad for all parties involved, but I want to try and stay positive. changes occur. life is weird. Paul Auster.
Old 10.15.2011, 05:54 AM   #68
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 06:13 AM   #69
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Sad news.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 06:39 AM   #70
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Let's hang the messenger.

Things had been extremely quiet this year for the band itself, not playing too much since 2010.
(er... I'm talking music here)

The article names both of them, as if or so that's one more thing they did together.

The band decided to play their winter dates.
Guess that'll give them clues as to carry on or not, and see how Steve and Lee cope with it (which ain't the easiest thing to do).

Well, given they're no longer teenagers, they must know they'll feel sick for a couple of years. That won't heal, but well. Guess they've already focused on their daughter to apease her as much as they can.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:10 AM   #71
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
oh well.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:30 AM   #72
Nejra Leffor
empty page

Nejra Leffor has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Strength to Coco, Kim and Thurston...
Nejra Leffor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 07:43 AM   #73
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Noooo!

Seriously hope this is a joke.
There are no words on how great music they've brought and how they changed my life completily!
IF this is the end of the band, many many thank you for everything, I love you.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 08:46 AM   #74
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 09:03 AM   #75
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
I can't even begin to tell you how much joy Sonic Youth has brought to me since I was like 12.

Yeah. Same here. Their music truly changed my life.

I don't know what went on with the couple, and it is none of my business, but I have met both Thurston and Kim and they were both very nice - especially Kim, she is super sweet - with this die-hard fan from Brazil (me) who travelled all the way to New York in more than one occasion just to see them.

However, reading that "the future of the band is uncertain" truly depresses me. I cannot except that their November 12 show might be the last one. It's happening in a city 119km from São Paulo, and travel arrangements to that place are extremely complicated and expensive, I honestly don't know if I am going to make it and I am very sad for that.
forgetmeknots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 09:04 AM   #76
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
If SY splits up, I won't have any idea as to what to do to myself.

Neither will I.
Old 10.15.2011, 09:13 AM   #77
forgetmeknots
empty page

What a depressing Saturday. Makes me look back at my own life... Being 17, alone in the USA, standing in front of their Murray Street studio for 04 hours, waiting for any of them to show up...
Old 10.15.2011, 09:22 AM   #78
forgetmeknots
empty page

I guess I'm just gonna keep refreshing this page, like a stubborn child, in hopes that someone close to the band dismisses the rumours that the band might actually break up after Thurston and Kim's divorce.
Old 10.15.2011, 10:22 AM   #79
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
kinda shocking news for me. i would not think that would ever happened. hmmm, to me they were like evidence that there is a real lifetime love. uhmm, well i wonder whats going happen next, coz this is not going to be SY as we know it anymore. also i must say on the other hand this news put it own piece to help me from my first split and being heartbroken (just last week). i wonder who is more heatbroken Kim or T.

wasnt expecting that alright...

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 10:32 AM   #80
ennui61
empty page

ennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's asses
This is there business not ours. Hopefully if they end their marriage they do it with respect to each other and above all with love towards their child.
I hope SY still goes on hopefully there's no reason they can't still work together. But time will tell.
I've been married 31 years it was nice to know a famous couple could keep it going as long i have.
ennui61 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth