Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2013, 04:16 PM   #461
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I totally get what you're saying about how it was a show that left things vague, but I think that was also the point. Its sort of that idea that the journey is more important then the destination. That trying to find out if there are extra-terristials is worth looking into, but without saying, there are in fact aliens out there. That uncertainly was defined more in the earlier seasons, with the Mulder/Scully partnership. Mulder had the blind faith, Scully questioned things more. They could never tip the scale fully one way. In the later seasons though you knew they were on the side of Mulder's way of thinking. Which you can argue hurt the show, because the vagueness was sort of the point.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2013, 04:20 PM   #462
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
apart from the crap (ok just far from being amazing) still showing, i watch broadchurch. beautiful sights.
and big bang theory.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2013, 04:23 PM   #463
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The wife and I watch old eps of Sunny in Philly and of Peep Show when we need to laugh.
Old 09.17.2013, 04:25 PM   #464
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
sorry..i never understood the skully crush thing..
i remember it from back in xfiles, but i couldnt understand it.
however, if you havent watched 'the fall', its not bad.
she is better looking in that one. she also acts like femme fatale, which ok, i wont comment.
Old 09.17.2013, 04:26 PM   #465
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

thats a nice pic of her.
Old 09.17.2013, 04:38 PM   #466
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i remember it from back in xfiles, but i couldnt understand it.
however, if you havent watched 'the fall', its not bad.
she is better looking in that one. she also acts like femme fatale, which ok, i wont comment.

it is because TV back when XFiles started had a severe lack of skeptical, scientific minded women as protagonists. That shit gets nerds like me excited. Gillian is very pretty and looks like she is a cold biatch which is supa sexy.
Old 09.17.2013, 04:41 PM   #467
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i don't think it was a scully crush, it was a gillian anderson crush. i mean scully was all anal, a stickler for rules, a total killjoy, very much the antagonist until later seasons. but gillian anderson has such a gorgeous face, and television is the medium of the close-up.

btw if you like that picture (i had to turn on images as i spent my internet quota already) there is an ancient video of gillian anderson as a young punk (or something) reading a poem on a cable access show (i think). ha ha ha! hilarious! terrible poem too if i recall. but anyway... see if you can find the video.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2013, 04:44 PM   #468
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

ask and ye shall receive

http://youtu.be/ldaJUAowJ4k
Old 09.17.2013, 09:41 PM   #469
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Really? She really is a fantastically gorgeous woman and best of all, she attracted America's attention NOT by drawing attention overtly to her gentalia, but rather her skill as an actress and natural beauty as a fully clothed woman.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 01:33 AM   #470
Nefeli
invito al cielo

hmm yes, really.
i get the nerd/scully thing. if we talk about the person and beauty, i dont find her that attractive. she has a huge head -and no neck- in analogy with her height and weight on xfiles, or the cameraman and stylist were idiots. he jaw and mouth, there is a problem there and the way she speaks making sounds with her lips is unattractive (to me).
also i can find many people more attractive than her, who may have less beauty than her and more coldness than her.
in 'the fall' she is older and lost tissue and probably weight too and perhaps has done some few discreet jobs in her face and she looks much better.
the loss of weight wouldnt matter that much, if her head wasnt that big.
im not saying that i puke on her, i just dont share the enthousiasm about her looks.
Old 09.18.2013, 07:27 AM   #471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hmm yes, really.
i get the nerd/scully thing. if we talk about the person and beauty, i dont find her that attractive. she has a huge head -and no neck- in analogy with her height and weight on xfiles, or the cameraman and stylist were idiots. he jaw and mouth, there is a problem there and the way she speaks making sounds with her lips is unattractive (to me).
also i can find many people more attractive than her, who may have less beauty than her and more coldness than her.
in 'the fall' she is older and lost tissue and probably weight too and perhaps has done some few discreet jobs in her face and she looks much better.
im not saying that i puke on her, i just dont share the enthousiasm about her looks.

ha ha ha-- that's so mean!

i actually liked her better with the old puffier cheeks-- now that she's lost all that weight not so much. she looks more... common.

she definitely had an unusual face for tv-- it's like she was from the 1940s or something. dowdy clothes, hair--- actually, federal government employees are very unfashionable.

but that's a good thing in a medium that tries to mass-produce faces. whoever cast her was a genius. she wasn't always "pretty" but she was always her. you wouldn't confuse her with anyone else (e.g, the conventional beauty of the cast of "friends"--yuck).

plus, redheads rule, and all redheads are a little weird, and that's a very good thing.

these gentlemen of course agree. ha!

Old 09.18.2013, 07:41 AM   #472
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

on a completely unrelated note, i've started watching "the boondocks"

i haven't laughed so hard at tv in very long time
Old 09.18.2013, 08:17 AM   #473
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
hmm yes, really.

Big-headed girls make the world go round.
Old 09.19.2013, 02:01 AM   #474
Nefeli
invito al cielo

hehe yes i was mean. i was feeling it while typing the above.
Old 09.19.2013, 09:04 AM   #475
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i dont find her that attractive.
Seconded, and her complete lack of expression didn't help either.
Old 09.19.2013, 09:12 AM   #476
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

are you guys crazy? This woman is so beautiful, today and 15 years ago.

Old 09.19.2013, 04:04 PM   #477
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
i think she's a great fit for the show, not only because i think she's the perfect actress for the role but because she looks like an extraterrestrial.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 04:34 PM   #478
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I went to University with the guy, hung out with him and his theater buds, and have seen him in underground productions before he went to LA, and he is a terribly nice guy, but I hate hate hate that show The Big Bang Theory.

The guy who plays Sheldon really is a nice guy though...
Old 09.20.2013, 03:52 PM   #479
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Old 09.20.2013, 03:57 PM   #480
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I went to University with the guy, hung out with him and his theater buds, and have seen him in underground productions before he went to LA, and he is a terribly nice guy, but I hate hate hate that show The Big Bang Theory.

I was like, "Wait, are they gay? Are they socially awkward nerds? Are they socially awkward gay nerds?"

If they are just supposed to be nerds, well, then they're hamming it up a bit much

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
212223 24 2526273474124 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth