Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.18.2006, 12:15 PM   #481
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
HOLY SHIT
i just got all these in the mail

SYR3- CLEAR VINYL

all these came in one package
sonic youth- evol
meat puppets- s/t
DMZ- Relics
The Swimming Pool Q's- s/t
Bobby Sichran- from a sympathetical hurricane
the truth- playground
lions and ghosts- velvet kiss, lick of the lime
mercury rev- the hum is coming from her
ruby- paraffin
the living daylights- celleen

i've only heard of two of these bands, but i got 10 damn LPs for thirty dollars
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 04:37 PM   #482
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
HOLY SHIT
i just got all these in the mail

SYR3- CLEAR VINYL

all these came in one package
sonic youth- evol
meat puppets- s/t
DMZ- Relics
The Swimming Pool Q's- s/t
Bobby Sichran- from a sympathetical hurricane
the truth- playground
lions and ghosts- velvet kiss, lick of the lime
mercury rev- the hum is coming from her
ruby- paraffin
the living daylights- celleen

i've only heard of two of these bands, but i got 10 damn LPs for thirty dollars
How the hell did you swing that? That's pretty sweet.

I had about $30, so I went to Blockbuster and picked out two movies, expecting to pay $8.40 or whatever it is, and was pleasantly surprised to find they randomly gave me a 2 for 1 deal. So I figured since I still had a good amount of money, I'd go buy a couple CDs. So I go down to the record store, and check out a couple Jesus and Mary Chain CDs I was looking at. Unfortunately, they only have the $19 dual-disc versions, so I finally decide to get Stoned and Dethroned, which I didn't really want, but it was the only single-disc version. I go to buy it, and the guy says he just got a whole bunch of "used" promotional cut-outs, mint condition JaMC CDs for $10, so I could afford to get both the ones I wanted (Darklands and Honey's Dead) in dual-disc, half-priced. Plus I got %10 off certificates for Blockbuster and the record store, and my mom randomly got a $10 gift thing for Best Buy. I saved something like $35 today, for no reason whatsoever.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:56 AM   #483
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
acoustic rock i payed 30 dollars for the 10 records and no more then 15 for SYR3.. very very good deal i got
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 03:32 AM   #484
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I bought myself:

CD

Vinyl

My beautiful girl bought me:

LP
Old 07.19.2006, 03:32 AM   #485
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
My friend bought me:

Vinyl

Vinyl

Today.
Old 07.19.2006, 04:04 AM   #486
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, Norma J - what have you done to deserve such riches all on one day?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 05:57 AM   #487
Norma J
invito al cielo

HAHA. It was my birthday yesterday. I found The Basement Tapes in one of my secondhand haunts, and my girlfriend knew I wanted it bad and bought it for me, even though she already bought me numerous bday pressies. My friend bought the Swervedriver records from the same place when he saw me looking at them. Love.

And I must say, they are all marvellous listens.
Old 07.19.2006, 06:00 AM   #488
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
yesterday I bought Radiohead's Ok Computer - it was on sale for £4.99!! hehe
Old 07.19.2006, 08:28 AM   #489
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses

gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 04:29 PM   #490
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
“Harmika Yab Yum” is a divine blend of Radio excerpts and field recordings from Nepal compiled by Robert Millis. This exciting mosaic snares among other oddities, a “King Cobra” snake charmer, the sounds of slaughtering buffaloes and guns firing amidst a Durga Puja festival, dreamy folk music, Sarangi and Harmonium players seeping in from unknown radio signals, pounding drums, praying monks, child choruses, street sermons, loudspeaker promotionals, and quiet footsteps at the top of the world. Millis has produced many curious audio works as a member of the group“Climax Golden Twins” and this collection of Himalayan ephemera captures the timeless beauty of the world’s highest Kingdom, land of the rhododendron, the Kumari (a “living goddess”), and the legendary “Yeti”. (Recorded in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Gorkha, and other undisclosed locales in 1996)

Quote:
For the first time, here is a recording that documents the ceremonial animist music from the mysterious tribal villages of Northeast Cambodia. The Tampoans, Krungs, kavets, Braos, and Jaraîs of Ratanakiri Province and the Phnongs in Mondolkiri Province have been living amidst each other in this region for centuries preserving and expanding their unique cultural heritage, sometimes at peace and other times in conflict with one another or with foreign invaders. The music includes hypnotic gong ensembles, guitar ballads, bamboo flute, and unique local instrumentation such as the “Gungteng” and the “Mum”. The superb singing styles and vocals present throughout are absolutely mesmerizing. These tracks sound like nothing you’ve heard before, all magnificently documented transporting the listener into the heart of each performance. Recorded on location by Laurent Jeanneau over a 2-year period from 2003-2005 with his revealing liner notes and a detailed tracklist included within.

oh, how i love sublime frequencies
Old 07.21.2006, 12:56 AM   #491
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
all at amoeba records (best store ever):

whitey album- vinyl!
bee thousand- guided by voices
spiderland- slint
leaving our homes- the candies
double nickels on the dime- the minutemen
fabulous muscles- xiu xiu
the runners four- deerhoof
watery, domestic- pavement (i don't know why. i have slanted/enchanted deluxe already.)
syr1
syr4
Old 07.21.2006, 12:59 AM   #492
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
JAMC - 21 Singles
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 12:18 PM   #493
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
too many to list...

i just bought a whole assload of Chris Corsano stuff from him personally,
Ceylon Mange (Bill Nace/Karen Constance/Dylan Nyoukis) LP,
Bardo Pond Vol. 1-4 2cd
Kiila: Heartcore cd
Kemialliset Ystävät cd
Awesome Color cd
Carlos Giffoni cd
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 11:48 AM   #494
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
The Gravediggaz 6 feet deep

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 06:29 PM   #495
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
this...

and this...

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 07:22 PM   #496
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
The Gravediggers 6 feet deep

Hah. Yes! I love this album. I wrote about it in the hip-hop thread a while back. Horrorcore, I think, is the genre? That, in itself, is awesome. Rap focused wholly on murder and suicide, yes please!

So you wanna die, commit suicide, dial 1-800-cynaide line

nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 07:27 PM   #497
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Masonna - Inner Mind Mystique
Whitehouse - Twice is not enough
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 09:34 PM   #498
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact

I bought this album for $3.50, still in it's sealed wrap.
I was very happy about that.
Old 07.23.2006, 03:24 PM   #499
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i just got back from a family vacation to Seattle. i spent about $70 on music.

Mission of Burma - Peking Spring
Guitar Wolf - Rock 'N' Roll Etiquette
Mars Volta - Tremulant EP
Boredoms - Pop Tatari
Lightning Bolt - Ride the Skies
Sonic Youth - Hold That Tiger
Old 07.23.2006, 03:26 PM   #500
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow
Boredoms - Pop Tatari
Sonic Youth - Hold That Tiger
Did you actually find those in stores? I've never seen either of them at a record store before.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
222324 25 2627283575125 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth