Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ghosts
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.21.2008, 03:14 AM   #161
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i've just had the weirdest experience, not regarding ghosts but i'm going to put all mystical and spiritual shit in here from here on out.

i did a tarot reading. three times (the three fates) and i got the same cards twice.

and you know what they were?

element of the past in judgement, meaning that procrastination and indeciciveness will become an element of the past

element of the present in the tower, meaning that there will be an unpredicted disastrous occurrence and extreme change

element of the future in the hanged man, meaning that i will surrender to change and come to terms with everything

fuck.
a blind man could see the truth in this.
Old 08.21.2008, 03:41 AM   #162
al shabbray

holy shit

and good mornng
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 11:00 AM   #163
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
last year, my cousin and I were playing an online game together in the basement of his New Hyde Park home, and it was getting late. it was about midnight when we started and we were still playing by the time 3am rolled around. around 3:10am, something completely inexplicable happened and solidified my belief that ghosts/spirits are a true and undeniable existence.

we were in the middle of the game when, out of nowhere, we heard the sound of punched numbers on his microwave, which sat on a table to the left of us. the punched numbers were slow.. tentative, in the same way a human would not be sure whether 1 minute and 30 seconds or 2 minutes would be good enough to heat up days old food. after the third number was punched in, the start button was push in. the microwave light came on and the glass tray began to rotate, the loud hum of the machine filled the room.

my cousin and I were frozen still. we had no idea was what happening and I told him to get up and see. as he got up to turn it off, he noticed the timer was at 5 minutes and 32 seconds and the smell that emanated from behind the door was that of chicken (he's a vegetarian)

to this day, we can't explain what that was. there is no self-timer on his microwave (is there even such a thing?) and the craziest thing was the punched in numbers, which again sounded thoughtfully pressed and chosen.

a couple of months later, my cousin and I were playing music and he was playing his bass. the vibrations were there and a little wall lamp fixture thing that he had on his wall was shaking. but when the golden hood that sat on the glass that contained the bulb literally flew up and then crash to the ground, we were speechless once again. this was in the middle of the day.

about two months ago, my cousin was on the phone with me, and he had a Burger King cup sitting in the middle of a table to his left (right across from the microwave). he told me to hold on because he heard something fall.
when he turned the light on, the cup was on the floor, ice all over the place..
it was in the middle of the table..

his house is located on top of an old Indian burial ground.
so that might be some sort of explanation to what's been happening there, being that his basement is literally in the ground.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 11:54 AM   #164
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot about this:

One day I slept at a friend o' mine (Alice) house. house has a living room/kitchen/bathroom and studio on first floor, and bedrooms/bathroom on the second floor, it's a quite big house and a bit isolated from the rest of the neighborhood (there's another family living in the "other half" of the house, but they were on vacation).

Alice went to bed earlier than me and his boyfriend (who went to his house to sleep), and she was sleeping in her parents' bed and I slept in her room. She has a black labrador, and she (the dog) always comes upstairs and sleeps on the floor beside the bed.

So, yeh, I was sleeping like a baby when I felt something jumping over me, I was kinda frightened, but figured it had to be Eco (the bitch. yes, the dog.), so I turned on the light and she was there trembling like a leaf in the wind and looking at me kinda scared.
So I thought something was wrong, like thieves in the house or something, grabbed a metal ruler (yeah, lame weapon, but there was nothing useful in her bedroom) and went to the stairs to get to the ground floor (nothing seemed wrong on the second floor, no noises, no lights, nothing). Eco followed me but didn't come down the stairs, she just sat at the top of the ramp looking at me. "weird" , I thought, and I went down slowly slowly, opened every door, checked every room, nothing wrong, went back upstairs. Dog still there, still like a statue.
I went back to my bedroom, and the dog followed me and jumped on the bed. I took a look at the watch, 2.50 am.

turned off the light. back to sleep.
suddenly, I woke up hearing voices and noises, EVERY FUCKIN' tv in the house turned on at the same time, exactly 3 am, and there was one in my room and one in the room the girl was sleeping in, she woke up too and came out the room like nothing happened and said "I must have fallen asleep while watching tv". I said "eeerm, kinda". I went downstairs, dog wouldn't move from my bed, tv was on there too, channel 0, static.
went to the room she was sleeping in, channel 0.
went back to "my" room, channel 0.
no more voices, no more noises.
turned off all of them.
Went to check the other tv they have (it's in a little "secret" room under the roof of the house, there's just a tv and a couch and the box with fuses. that one was off.
went back to sleep.
Now, I'm not sure about ghosts and stuff, but that was mighty weird and scary. Here comes the final part.
Exactly one month later a lightning hit the house. The fuses box in that "secret" room litterally exploded, the plastic shards flew a couple cms away from the face of the Alice's brother who was watching the tv on the couch (that room is "over" his bedroom) and went straight into the wooden door on the other side of the room, and the tv fell from the table it was on.
lots of electric stuff that was plugged in in that moment was "burnt" and never worked again. Guess what "equipment" kept on working flawlessly?

amen.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:28 PM   #165
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.ghostvillage.com/encounte...03072005.shtml

Interesting EVP recording from Hotel Meade.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2008, 04:53 AM   #166
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
It's almost 3am and I was wondering where this thread went.

"Recidivism" is my new favorite word.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth