Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Cassette Tape Love
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2020, 07:02 PM   #61
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
C. Reider - ...a trustable cloud

“The sounds of this album were made with free online instruments and effects processing that are playable within internet browsers”

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come
In fields of swaying rape
It could not happen here - Tibet

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2020, 12:33 AM   #62
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Another awesome project by Jef Mertens: Dadaist Tapes.
https://dadaisttapes.com/

https://dadaisttapes.bandcamp.com/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2020, 04:35 PM   #63
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I discovered Liquid Library today and ordered the following : )

“c90 cassette, no telling whats on it, but it'll be weird and ambient for the most part I expect. I know one of them has about 5 minutes of hoovering on it, another has some long organ jams and I play the cactus on one of them. I think there's a 144-bar blues on one. Who knows. Roll the dice I guess.”

Zero Gravity Tea Ceremony - The Unique Collection Of Candid Experiments (no audio because no two are alike)......only 6 tapes left!

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 09.13.2020, 12:12 AM   #64
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

If you’ve been reluctant to start building your cassette collection, Deathbomb Arc has one heck of a deal:

Deathbomb Arc tweet

“An important reminder:

Our offer still stands: If you buy $50 worth of cassettes from Deathbomb, all at once, we will send you a free cassette player!

Just be sure to DM us to let us know you want it. US customers only, due to availability & shipping.”

I highly recommend: White Boy Scream - Bakunawa......the Rhea Fowler tracks are hauntingly beautiful!

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 09.13.2020, 01:53 PM   #65
g.
bad moon rising

g. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

“c90 cassette, no telling whats on it, but it'll be weird and ambient for the most part I expect. I know one of them has about 5 minutes of hoovering on it, another has some long organ jams and I play the cactus on one of them. I think there's a 144-bar blues on one. Who knows. Roll the dice I guess.”

Zero Gravity Tea Ceremony - The Unique Collection Of Candid Experiments (no audio because no two are alike)......only 6 tapes left!

Thank you for the heads up - ordered one too. Let me know what you get! Sounds awesome.
g. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2020, 01:47 AM   #66
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.
Thank you for the heads up - ordered one too. Let me know what you get! Sounds awesome.

That’s awesome!

I know they appreciate the support and it’s always fun receiving something unfamiliar. I hope one of us receives the tape that has the “5 minutes of hoovering” on it : )

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 09.14.2020, 07:40 AM   #67
g.
bad moon rising

g. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That’s awesome!

I know they appreciate the support and it’s always fun receiving something unfamiliar. I hope one of us receives the tape that has the “5 minutes of hoovering” on it : )

Pleased to be able to support and nice for me in the UK to find a UK based Noise label as so many are US and the costs of shipping tapes is double or treble the price of the cassette itself!

I really hope I got the hoover recording Listening to their other albums there is some really great stuff there, can see me ordering more...
Old 09.25.2020, 11:27 AM   #68
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.
Pleased to be able to support and nice for me in the UK to find a UK based Noise label as so many are US and the costs of shipping tapes is double or treble the price of the cassette itself!

I just ordered a tape from Binaural Space in Prague, Czechia. My cost was $16 American, $8 for the tape and $8 for shipping.

Binaural Space - Untuned Piano Day

[/url]

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 09.25.2020, 05:34 PM   #69
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

My two copies of The Unique Collection Of Candid Experiments arrived today.
I’m about to get my Lo-Fi on : )

Quote:

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 09.27.2020, 04:10 PM   #70
g.
bad moon rising

^^ Awesome. My has arrived too. Great listen - I got some drones, some feedback, radios stations, static and conversations. Loved the mystery element. Good fun. Have picked up another tape from Liquid Library since.

What was on your tapes?
Old 09.28.2020, 01:32 PM   #71
NYCgaf16
stalker

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses

now's a good time to post image of my cassattes

M,16y/o
NYCgaf16 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2020, 06:12 AM   #72
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

now's a good time to post image of my cassattes

Very nice, NYCgaf16......maggot brain on that Mike Watt tape is the jam!

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 10.03.2020, 03:47 AM   #73
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Really loving Jef Mertens' "NO AMP". Shades of Bill Nace's awesomeness all over the place. Surprisingly some tapes are still available even after Bandcamp Friday. Lately, everything from him and related labels goes away pretty fast whether it's for sale (Taping Policies) or for free (as in the case of his solo work, or the catalog from Dadaist Tapes).
https://jefmertens.bandcamp.com/album/no-amp
Old 10.03.2020, 04:42 AM   #74
NYCgaf16
stalker

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Very nice, NYCgaf16......maggot brain on that Mike Watt tape is the jam!
thank you! your cassettes are also very cool!

M,16y/o
NYCgaf16 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2020, 12:31 PM   #75
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Really loving Jef Mertens' "NO AMP". Shades of Bill Nace's awesomeness all over the place. Surprisingly some tapes are still available even after Bandcamp Friday. Lately, everything from him and related labels goes away pretty fast whether it's for sale (Taping Policies) or for free (as in the case of his solo work, or the catalog from Dadaist Tapes).

Thanks for the tip, hipster!

Pretty wild that I can order a tape from Belgium and have it mailed to America for a combined total of $8.20......fantastic deal!

אש זרה

In a foreign town
In a foreign land
Reaping time had come

Old 10.04.2020, 12:46 PM   #76
g.
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie

Snagged one too, thank you for the heads up, much appreciated.

Mad, a fiver with delivery to UK.

So cool.
Old 10.04.2020, 08:12 PM   #77
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

In past installments of Dadaist Tapes, there was no shipping costs whatsoever, I think. You got your copy absolutely for free. I understand the intention behind this form of distribution is an opposition to perceive music only as a product.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth