Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you know D.C.?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.17.2009, 03:24 PM   #21
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Black Cat Bill?
Shit... I used to smoke joints outside the club and talk to him (I offered he never accepted). He seemed like a decent guy, despite playing off of the "black guilt" of all the suburban white kids attending.
When the opening bands sucked there was always shootin' the shit with Bill. Good memories.

And in D.C. if your car was still there at the end of the show: you win!

Jacking up on shit with a black outside a sleazy club is a good memory? How many braincells have you destroyed taking that shit? It sounds unbelievably tragic, you pathetic junky.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 06:10 PM   #22
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
jesus. i hope you're kidding.

what about government buildings? i kind of want to see the white house. any tips?

thanks, by the way, for all the feedback!
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 08:30 PM   #23
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedbird

what about government buildings? i kind of want to see the white house. any tips?

Don't bring any knives (ANY) or guns. They're a little particular about that.
Old 12.18.2009, 12:35 AM   #24
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I love DC. I'm heading to the east coast for the next three weeks, so I'll definitely be visiting. Seeing "Wye Oak" on the 27th at the Black Cat.

As for things to do, most of the museums have free admission. There are so many good restaurants in Chinatown (Clyde's, Kanlaya...). The Duport Circle's a nice place to stroll around, head into a bookstore, and grab a bite to eat. Pick a nice day and wander.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 01:13 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel
Man, I love DC. I'm heading to the east coast for the next three weeks, so I'll definitely be visiting. Seeing "Wye Oak" on the 27th at the Black Cat.

luckeeee. i saw them in albuquerque last year and they were brilliant in a yo la tengo sort of way. i was wondering what had happened to them-- i bought their CD and was looking forward to the next one they were working on-- probably was just released? anyway. good to know they still exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel
good restaurants in Chinatown (Clyde's

FUCK CLYDE'S!

FULL KEE FOR THE WIN

chinatown became a tourist trap since they built the arena, but some good shit remains from the old time.

oh, and there's that FIVE GUYS on H street and don't feel like chinese food-- awesome burgers.

also, for a DC original, if you've seen that spanish dude who cooks on PBS, what's his name, there's JALEO, great tapas & spanish food & good shit & all-- that's one of his restaurants.

it's right next to the shakespeare theatre. which is a good fucking theatre.

ok. must go nap or i won't survive until tomorrow.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 07:18 PM   #26
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
BTW I think the Black Cat was WAY fucking cooler at its old location, half way down the black. The new place doesn't have half the charisma.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 11:13 PM   #27
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
luckeeee. i saw them in albuquerque last year and they were brilliant in a yo la tengo sort of way. i was wondering what had happened to them-- i bought their CD and was looking forward to the next one they were working on-- probably was just released? anyway. good to know they still exist.

Their new album, The Knot, isn't bad at all. They really are great to hear live! Husband-wife teams always seem to have it for me. Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo, Wye Oak.....
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth