Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Topman Aquire Rights To Sonic Youth's 'Goo' Design?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2008, 03:40 PM   #21
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
So long as they don't try and claim some kind of underground credibility while they're doing it.
I would think it is less them claiming as much as other people attributing it on them.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2008, 04:04 PM   #22
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say that Thurston has been pretty keen over the years to associate himself and the band with various margnal, 'underground', scenes, as he does here in a recent interview in Spin magazine:

"In the underground, the old guys are cool. I like the fact that the older we get the more we can rock".
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2008, 04:45 PM   #23
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
The Goo image no matter what anyone is really the work of the author/artist no matter what ownership crap gets in the way.

I also find that latest JC penny crap with their shallow Breakfast club song to be revolting

My opinon is that

A) I have always felt that advertising people who these demographic studies and assert 'a song' for 'a market' usually ends being insulting to the people.

B) I also find it insulting that people will 'predict' when I get married, buy a car, shampoo my dog etc. It takes all of the sponanaiety out of life...

C) The people that concockt these advertising campaigns are painfully unimaginative or catering to the lowest common denominator...
GET YOUR OWN IMAGINATION

D) In the end, once advertising and marketing mix with true identity and development issues it is very scary...

Yeah....
Old 08.02.2008, 08:51 PM   #24
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Someone is trying to make money on something?!?!
Oh man, that's some heavy shit there.
HEad for the hills!

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth