Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Rehearsed SY snub w/Harmony Korine?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.09.2008, 09:50 PM   #1
H_Quincy_Sappy
empty page

H_Quincy_Sappy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Well I first saw SY in concert(after already being a fan of their music for a couple years)when they played at Smith College in 1998.Anyways they were great of course and I was excited to finally see them live.The only thing that marred their performance was an incident that took place at the end of their set(post encore I believe).A young looking kid got passed the security guys up front and jumped up onto the stage.This fellow approached Lee and Thurston as they were making their way off the stage.He seemed intent on shaking both of the two SY members' hands.L&T refused the gesture as they held their hands up into the air(rather than shaking this kid's hand, they shook their heads instead).To be honest I felt bad for this guy as he looked utterly humiliated in front of the audience and I was sort of pissed at L&T's rudeness(granted they had played for nearly an hour and shouldn't be obligated in any way to further cater to any fans especially one who may have committed a faux pas in this act of "trespassing").Well after this show someone told me that this kid was actually in fact director Harmony Korine, and that the whole thing was some sort of guerrilla theater piece(a masochistic fantasy on HK's part).Well this to me sounded quite absurd but the guy did sort of resemble Harmony Korine(well what indie kid doesn't really?), and this was during the 'A Thousand Leaves' period(as Korine directed the video for 'Sunday').Has anybody heard of this or more importantly even really care?Thanks for reading.
H_Quincy_Sappy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2008, 10:43 PM   #2
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
never heard that story before but it sounds hilarious.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2008, 05:06 AM   #3
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
i never heard about this either but it's a nice little read and first post, thanks for sharing and welcome aboard

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2008, 05:34 AM   #4
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
well, Harmony Korine did once hold a press conference and then proceed to play a Cranberries song at high volume through a tinny dictaphone whilst punching his fist into the air and refusing to answer any questions or even talk at all...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2008, 08:30 AM   #5
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
gotta love the cranberries
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2008, 07:26 PM   #6
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
ugh, i hate that chicks voice. wouldn't kick her outta bed though.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
harmony korine is an intriguing person.

anyhoo, so what if sy refused to shake some kid's hand?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2008, 06:42 AM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealglenstyler
gotta love the cranberries

i dont know what part of that sentence to correct first.....

as for harmony, yeah, id totally believe that! im sure at least 3 people in the audience got the joke!
Old 02.19.2008, 05:55 PM   #9
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
HArmony,

you owe me a lighter

S
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck that dipshit.

he is not worthy to smear the shit from thurston;s asswipes upon his pathetic face

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth