Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Rather Ripped Tour Statistics
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2006, 05:02 PM   #61
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Here's the Bonnaroo set list

Incinerate
Reena
Sleeping Around
Pattern Recognition
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Jams Run Free
100%
Turqoise Boy
Rats
What a Waste
Pink Steam
Or
Lights Out
Expressway to Yr. Skull
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 05:52 PM   #62
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
I thought it would be interesting if we just had one thread that had all the setlists from the tour in it so we can see how often rare songs show up also let us notice which songs are being played the most on this tour.Whenever new setlists pop up post them in the thread or pm them to me and ill edit all the info into this post.That way we can talk about the songs being played on this tour as well.

How about adding a tally list for number of times each song is played. Most specifically, the non-RR stuff. I'm too lazy to do it myself.
Old 06.19.2006, 06:29 PM   #63
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
actually ....

"hears" the bonnaroo set list
incinerate
Reena
Sleepin' Around
Pattern Recognition
Do you BBELIEVE IN RAPTURE ?
Jams run free
100%
Turquoise boy
RATS
what a waste
PINK STEAM
"or"
---
Lights Out
Shaking Hell (w/o mark)
express way to yr skull (w/ malkmus on vocals) > noise !!!
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 06:32 PM   #64
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Goddamn, XM was lamer than I thought.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 01:52 AM   #65
shane8bit
empty page

shane8bit has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
im not sure what is up with all the negative posts, expecially assface or whatever his name is. Sadly no one will ever care about assblasters new album at all ever. but anyways, Sonic Youth will live on. The new record is good, its some of the catchest tunes they've written in a long time. "Actually Jah Brah...you're wrong. I just looked at a few nurse setlists...and all of the setlists I saw had 6 non-nurse tunes...sometimes more" wow 6 whole non nurse songs some times more! dude, fuck.....if you dont want to hear a band play together with new material dont go to the see sonic youth. set at home save your money and tell everyone why its a waste. in the mean time thousands of us willl rock out and realize that we were lucky to see these old fuckers rock out to new material for what could be the last time ever. If you are looking for an old band to play there "hit tunes" go see the rolling stones play there hits from the sixties at their old age.
shane8bit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 08:45 AM   #66
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane8bit
"Actually Jah Brah...you're wrong. I just looked at a few nurse setlists...and all of the setlists I saw had 6 non-nurse tunes...sometimes more"

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 01:01 PM   #67
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
They're playing more old tracks now... Expressway with Malkmus... Sounds really exciting

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 04:52 PM   #68
cbeattie
empty page

cbeattie is a jewel in the roughcbeattie is a jewel in the roughcbeattie is a jewel in the rough
Boys and girls, do we all need to be reminded that SY are a live and kicking, fully functioning, modern day as I live and breathe band who continue to write new material and produce new albums?

This is not a reunion tour. This is not a greatest hits tour. SY have, fortunately, never split up. SY have, fortunately, never stopped writing new songs. They release new records with new songs and these songs need to be played live and heard live, and personally, I can't wait to hear the new songs played out.

It goes without saying that I would be delighted to hear a whole hour of classic SY tunes from classic SY albums, but that's not what SY are about. I want to hear these new songs live, because no matter what my relationship is with the music as I listen to it on a CD or on a record, it changes completely when I hear it live, or see the band perform it live. I have never been to a boring SY gig, and I'm sure nobody who has attended any of the recent tour dates would say they have been to a boring SY gig. Sure, we all love the old classics, but we all love SY because they keep on keepin' on.

Personally, I'm very excited about seeing what they're going to do with this material live, how it's going to sound, how it's going to feel.

Shaking Hell and Expressway To Yr Skull? Two of the first SY songs I ever heard. I think Shaking Hell may have been the first as it featured on that documentary about post-punk no wave New York noise bands, including SY, and I've never looked back since.

Neither have SY, and that's why people should stop moaning about the fact that they're not going to hear the same songs that the band have been playing for over twenty years. They're going to hear new songs with a new energy and new potential.

So get over yourselves.

cbeattie
cbeattie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 05:03 PM   #69
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
I disagree with the complaints about SY playing too much from Rather Ripped. Someone said that this might even show their "laziness." What is lazy about doing yr best to get a crowd of people to enjoy 12 songs that most of them have only been listening to for a week, max, instead of sticking to the songs that everyone knows and love, and ahs done so since '87? Fuck that. When I see a band, I want to see what they're doing NOW, see if they can still pull material together--something SY have done impeccably throughout their entire career. If I want to hear a certain Sonic Youth song, I've got the albums. If I go to a Sonic Youth show, I want to be taken aback by the hypercosmic forces at play when T, K, L, + S set the room ablaze in electric ecstacy. If they could've done that with six songs from Rather Ripped and no encore, more power to 'em. I'm getting sick of writing this. The end.
Old 06.21.2006, 09:44 PM   #70
tobyd
empty page

tobyd has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Setlists rock! Keep em' coming folks. Thankyouverymuch. T
tobyd is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 09:49 PM   #71
tobyd
empty page

tobyd has a couple of kiss-ass net friends

tobyd is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 10:02 PM   #72
bumbasics
empty page

bumbasics has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Jesus CHrist! They just released the album a few weeks ago! Why wouldn't they want to play all their new tunes. If you want to see a greatest hits show, go see Neil Diamond or John Denver. The Asheville show rocked!! The new stuff is incredible, and I am so glad that they played all of it! You guys are spoiled from the "dirty" tour.
bumbasics is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 10:53 AM   #73
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
If anyone meets SY on the tour ask if they are going to start busting out more songs.
Old 06.22.2006, 02:49 PM   #74
cbeattie
empty page

cbeattie is a jewel in the roughcbeattie is a jewel in the roughcbeattie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I will make the 100 mile drive and see them tonight......but ONLY because they're Sonic Youth......NOT because of what I saw a few nights ago in Tennessee.

Well you're gonna have to let us know how this gig went for you. Every band can have off-nights!

cbeattie

PS I reckon I would definitely make the 100 mile drive to see them again, even if I thought they were going to be just average, or even downright crap.
cbeattie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 03:03 PM   #75
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
But really, 100 miles is nothing....especially for da Yowth.
Old 06.22.2006, 03:14 PM   #76
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm def. glad I went even though it was easily the least awesome show I've seen.....Shaking Hell was the obvious highlight for me, but the new stuff was fun too. All in all my trip was about 170 miles.....Western Maryland->Baltimore->DC. I love to drive to shows and listen to music on the way.....plus I never miss a DC/Baltimore show
Old 06.22.2006, 03:49 PM   #77
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I will be there tonite, camera i hand, setlist at the ready, rocking out sonic youth style. I hope they play RATS!
Old 06.22.2006, 04:02 PM   #78
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and I could give a FLYING FUCK if all sonic youth wanted to play tonite was Reena twenty times in a row. I indulge in my rock god's various whims! SONIC YOUTH IS GREAT! Like some excellent home-slice said earlier, when there are people who cannot afford a ticket to the show, wwhen there are fans who have never seen SY play live because they live in some bumfuck town in winnipeg, when there are fans that cannot even afford the money for a goddamn t shirt, when there are fans that live in countries where they have to travel across two different national borders to watch them play, to complain like you all do is such baby stupid shit. such fucking snob asshole shit. Just fucking go to the show if you wanna go. do not place your bullshit expectations on the band. let them rock you like they wanna rock you. if you don't like it then don't go the next time.

I was at the Houston show for sonic nurse, it fucking RULED.

if you want greatest hits go see neil Diamond (who actually puts on one hell of a show!)

SONIC LIFE!!!!!

My favorite band is sonic youth. i will forgive them any trespasses. i wil forgive them any slips and stumbles, for they would do the same for me.
They are the one true god. they are mighty and strong and beautiful. Long Live skronk.
Old 06.22.2006, 05:18 PM   #79
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
They are the one true god. they are mighty and strong and beautiful. Long Live skronk.
He he
Old 06.22.2006, 05:51 PM   #80
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i've read this interview from 1998 (atl era) today and i've found this. (maybe connection to setlist issue)

from Wire interview., May, 1998

Wire: do geffen hane any particular expectations for the album, now they've heard it?

Lee: i really dont't know what to make of such career curve expectations anymore. i feel more removed or divorced from the whole notion of MTV/radio culture, that whole big rock thing, than i ever have before. so my expectations for this record are really the most simple. we are going to go outh and play interesting shows, built almost asmost entirely of music written in the last year. here we are, 18 years in, and we are going out and playing music almost exclusively written this year. around the time of lollapalooza and for a few years after that we really made an effort to play songs from various periods, we wanted to draw from all different parts of this broad spectrum of work, because we really thought it would please the audience. but we don't want to do that anymore. we want to be a current band and exist alongside the young bands that we hang out with, or that we like to see playing and are only on their first or second record, so you judge them on their current repertoire.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth