Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Record player speakers...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2006, 01:20 AM   #1
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
I want to obtain a record player this summer, and if I do, Im going to have to run it through some kind of speaker. If I dont use quality speakers and just use computer speakers or old stereo speakers will it still sound ok? Or should I invest in good speakers?
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 05:05 AM   #2
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Good speakers make the world of difference. If you search around you are sure to find some beauties second hand. I aquired a set of 1970s Tannnoy's for £70 and they are the best speakers i've ever heard. Also got some Kef's from the 70s as well. Speakers make or break the system.
racehorse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 06:52 AM   #3
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
a good amp then good speakers with good cable in between. what are the tannoys that you aquired racehorse are they the reds. in aus m^a(t)h try vaf, krix, tannoys, kefs, go to all the places that sell good quality gear with a cd you know really well and listen to them, do not let the sales guy try and play some eagles or similar stuff that they like through them because they do that to sell speakers to idiots it must be something you listen to regularly and know really well (a cd with your voice recorded well for example also helps). the domestic tannoy boxes are great and krix and vaf are both beautifully made australian boxes. tannoy being the oldest loud speaker maker in the world holds great reliability but can be very pricey. most cinemas in australia run krix speakers http://www.krix.com.au vaf are getting really good in both the domestic and professional loudspeaker market http://www.vaf.com.au. hope this helps
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 04:49 PM   #4
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
thanks guys for your help, my dad said he might have some old speakers in hidden in the attic, so I might try and find them, first I got to get a record player, but thanks again...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth