Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Im going to the Dr today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.26.2007, 05:26 PM   #21
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i would be like that viking in the snickers commercial.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hEYEFfAbB5g
Old 11.26.2007, 09:32 PM   #22
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
anyone thats been on anti depressents, could u tell me how it went?
Old 11.27.2007, 05:42 AM   #23
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
this is such a sad american trend.
I mean, is so strange anxiety incidence in US is something like 8 times than my country (it's a %rate), and the way to value incidence is counting diagnosis and prescriptions. It's sad you say "I'm going to doctor and I hope he will give me pills".
we (europeans-but don't get what I say as an attack) are very astonished by your ease to prescribe psychomeds... I talk as a medicine student, actually attending neurology department.

it's a lot about responsability. How can a teenager safely handle psychoactive drugs?... it's sad to hear some of you take painkillers to be less shy, is worse than sharing some friends' ansiolitics to be high...
this mentality of artificial relay is a big trap hiding just a huge business. this year prozac had its 20th birthday...20 years of billions of dollars...
another sad thing is that this economical trend is extending to europe...
it's now sure anxiety can be cured with diet, physical activities, breathing training, and can be caused by metabolic disorders (see hyperthyroidism)... but I understan it's hard to move overweight asses from their computer. much easier getting pills and falling in the cliche "I'm on xanax, like in ellis novels and independent movies!", huh?

I just hope your doctor is a good one and not just a prick who receives prescribing-prizes and at least follows your therapy.
good luck
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 06:13 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
anyone thats been on anti depressents, could u tell me how it went?

unkillable boners with zoloft, the delayed ejaculations really do wonders for her sex life
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 06:26 AM   #25
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pao-lino
I mean, is so strange anxiety incidence in US is something like 8 times than my country (it's a %rate), and the way to value incidence is counting diagnosis and prescriptions. It's sad you say "I'm going to doctor and I hope he will give me pills".
we (europeans-but don't get what I say as an attack) are very astonished by your ease to prescribe psychomeds... I talk as a medicine student, actually attending neurology department.

it's a lot about responsability. How can a teenage safely handle psychoactive drugs?... it's sad to hear some of you take painkillers to be less shy, is worse than sharing some friends' ansiolitics to be high...
this mentality of artificial relay is a big trap hiding just a huge business. this year prozac had its 20th birthday...20 years of billions of dollars...
it's now sure anxiety can be cured with diet, physical activities, breathing training, and can be caused by metabolic disorders (see hyperthyroidism)... but I understan it's hard to move overweight asses from their computer. much easier getting pills and falling in the cliche "I'm on xanax, like in ellis novels and independent movies!", huh?

I just hope your doctor is a good one and not just a prick who receives prescribing-prices and at least follows your therapy.
good luck

well i aint overwieght..far from it, iv had anxiety and depression for 4-5 yrs now, i am seeing a therapist tomorrow morning aswell.
Old 11.27.2007, 06:42 AM   #26
sarramkrop

Quote:

it's a lot about responsability. How can a teenage safely handle psychoactive drugs?... it's sad to hear some of you take painkillers to be less shy, is worse than sharing some friends' ansiolitics to be high...

I just hope your doctor is a good one and not just a prick who receives prescribing-prices and at least follows your therapy.
good luck

Great post from you and nice to see you around. I totally agree with the above because i have been a sufferer of anxiety attacks in the past. I normally wouldn't like talking about it on an internet forum, but since the subject has been brought up and I am a little susceptible to it, I'd strongly recommend to fight them without the help of medication, as much as it is humanly possible. I was put on very strong medication from the word go, which made me feel drowsy all the time, like I was on heroin.

My mother picked up on the fact that it wasn't helping me at all, but in fact it was sending me to outer-space quicker than you can say 'floatingslowly is floatingreallyquickly', so she made me stop taking it altogether and tried other things, like going for walks and not saying a single word, a healthier diet and generally just being a benign presence that looked out for my mental state carefully and lovingly.

It is very difficult to assest what might work for different types of anxiety, since attacks vary very much from person to person and are triggered by disparate factors. I'd say that physical exercise is very important, together with a certain respect for your own body and mind, but that sounds like an all too obvious thing to state. Difficult to achieve it when you are a teen and have a fascination with self-destructive imagery, but destructive imagery can only be fun if you watch it from a far out galaxy, not on a daily routine that involves functioning like a human being and not a human wreck.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 06:54 AM   #27
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

i dont mind turning into a zombie for a while, i just want to be able to stop thinking every second and freaking out every second so i can go do stuff like move out and live with my girlfriend and friends
Old 11.27.2007, 07:06 AM   #28
sarramkrop

Well, do what you like. Don't take this the wrong way, but that will also mean that message boards the world over will have more and more whinging, spineless train wrecks to shout about their relevant, but ultimately more effectively resolvable problems. Ever heard the one about being a man or woman and using your own incredible mechanism of self-defence?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 07:28 AM   #29
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

what does me taking pills have to do with other people?
and what do u mean use my self defence? wheres that fit in with anxiety
Old 11.27.2007, 07:53 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
what does me taking pills have to do with other people?
and what do u mean use my self defence? wheres that fit in with anxiety

I didn't mean physical self-defence, but mental self-defence. That's a mechanism that we are all equipped with, to varying degrees. You seem to come across like you have a choice, but still want to opt for the most drastic solution to something that could be dealt with more easily than that, and with more lasting positive results. There are cases where medication is not a choice, but a necessity. But that doesn't seem your case, hence the existence of this thread. Don't take this personally because you seem like a nice chap and this is not a personal attack at all.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 08:18 AM   #31
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

how does it seem like i have a choice?
you dont know what im like when im out in a social situation and sober
im trying not to take offence or see it as a personal attack because i do think your a nice chap too..but what your saying i just dont get

heck i wish i had a choice, im sick of living here with no friends, i want to be able to move out and get a job.
Old 11.27.2007, 08:44 AM   #32
sarramkrop

Quote:
how does it seem like i have a choice?
you dont know what im like when im out in a social situation and sober
im trying not to take offence or see it as a personal attack because i do think your a nice chap too..but what your saying i just dont get

heck i wish i had a choice, im sick of living here with no friends, i want to be able to move out and get a job.

Ok, I will spell it out for you more clearly, then.

You are very much at an age when it's not uncommon feeling cut out or, erm, alienated by your own surroundings. It is very possible that when you feel awkward you might get the impression that life is shit and you are the only one to know it. But it is not as simple as that, there are millions of teenagers feeling exactly like you do, and an even bigger proportion of adults feeling worse.

Choosing to go on meds because of this feeling is not going to turn you into a swan with unbelievable social skills that will be admired and discussed by your peers, no. Perseverance in trying to achieve some peaceful state of mind will do, trying to achieve what your personal goals might be will do, continuosly re-adjusting your being to those surroundings you feel like hating so much will do, and the same for the people who never seem to get you.

That is something that isn't weird or unacceptable, it's something that is common occurance for most people since entering teenagehood. Suffocating such feelings with artificial help is not going to resolve much apart from messing up with your head. Unless, of course, the problem is of a different nature altogether.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 08:50 AM   #33
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

he's australian...

be careful climbing down off yr horse.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 08:51 AM   #34
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Alien Anal, do you drink a lot of coffee or cola?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 08:56 AM   #35
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

well im 20 so i dont fall under teen anymore..
and its more than just feeling akward, its panic attacks, not being able to speak properly, everything getting loud in my head to the point where when i go into a supermarket to buy some lunch i stand there in an isle not knowing whats going on. and its been going on for yrs now, im wanting the drugs because i have heard good things about it from friends. i dont know what else i can do that i havnt tried already

edit:no screamingskull i dont drink coffee or coke, i dont drink any soft drink actually.
Old 11.27.2007, 09:00 AM   #36
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i really would try taking ALL the caffeine out of yr diet before you started to take medication, so that you know for sure that it is anxiety you are creating, not anxiety created by drinking a can of coke, or have a morning cup of coffee.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:02 AM   #37
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

i dont think i get any caffeen intake at all really..
Old 11.27.2007, 09:03 AM   #38
sarramkrop

Quote:
well im 20 so i dont fall under teen anymore..
and its more than just feeling akward, its panic attacks, not being able to speak properly, everything getting loud in my head to the point where when i go into a supermarket to buy some lunch i stand there in an isle not knowing whats going on. and its been going on for yrs now, im wanting the drugs because i have heard good things about it from friends. i dont know what else i can do that i havnt tried already

edit:no screamingskull i dont drink coffee or coke, i dont drink any soft drink actually.

Like Nefeli already said, I seriously hope that you don't take offence about anything that is said on this thread, because we are posting it in your best interest. I have a question, if you feel like answering it: Did the doctor tell you that you are suffering from anxiety attacks or panic attacks? The reason I am asking is because they are two different things, and panic attacks are most definitely treatable without taking meds.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:05 AM   #39
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
sway, its not my style to speak of what other people here try to say, did that only once now and wont ever do it again. ok?
Pay no attention. He is simply being sway, trying to get my attention. Try harder, sonny.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:07 AM   #40
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

iv seen psychs in the past aswell and they have said i have high anxiety and high depression levels, my depression isnt as bad as it use to be, the dr said that its most likly anxiety and depression still, both of them working from one another..

and no im not taking offence to anything said here, i apologise if i need things repeated. and i appreciate everyone putting in their opinions aswell.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth