Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page dead_battery reviews stuff
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2014, 07:18 PM   #161
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i wish...

That a psychedelic future tainted by cyborgs tries to retroactively assassinate you by sending a cyborg assassin back in time and killing your parents before you were born but yet you exist presently because your future self sent your father back in time to stop the cyborg cabal yet paradoxically the cyborgs themselves were created as a result of research on left behind computer parts from the smashed cyborg which was sent to destroy you?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2014, 07:20 PM   #162
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That a psychedelic future tainted by cyborgs tries to retroactively assassinate you by sending a cyborg assassin back in time and killing your parents before you were born but yet you exist presently because your future self sent your father back in time to stop the cyborg cabal yet paradoxically the cyborgs themselves were created as a result of research on left behind computer parts from the smashed cyborg which was sent to destroy you?

just the first one.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2014, 07:21 PM   #163
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I was just about to correct myself

Old 05.06.2014, 07:56 PM   #164
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
thats my point. there is none. or rather, what good is possible is never final.

the way i see it is like flowers. the more beautiful and healthy a flower is, the more enticing it is to infestations which will feed off it and destroy it.

you can make a good and just society to a certain extent. the nazis will shout you down until they can start a war, when its lost they'll retreat to their houses and become survivalists and dream of murdering you and stealing your shit once the state collapses.

if you aren't the most powerful country, the others are gonna invade/exploit you. you CAN go with good intentions and try for peace.

isn't that the story of america? escape the english empire, become the american empire. here's some hp lovecraft, just remember the rest of the world is like the tribespeople cuthulu eats and you'll feel better.

theres war and violence and abuse and suffering.

the good is tormenting because its possible, for a while and with certain conditions at least.

religion tried to make hetero man a mystical supernatural object of worship, since he's gonna exploit you you must be grateful. its one big truce pact with man himself.

intentionality is also supernatural. the will, the self etc. all that isn't real. fact. i wont be drawn into a "debate" about this, you can go find evidence of it or you can all be quiet. evidence of the part of the brain where we have magical pre causal access to reality before it happens.

we can all imagine a good society. fair distribution of resources, warmongers jailed. the existing warmongers and murderers locked up. instead i get my dole or work and pay my taxes so middle eastern people can be slaughtered. yay enjoyment. if i get upset about it i can just sneer or make funny gifs that turn it into a cartoon because theres no obligation to give a shit except for when you have to for the national interest/self image.

as a poor person i am basically just a machine to move coins around for this system to continue. i am destroyed and my body is harvested for addictions. i struggle not to be homeless.

its not fun.

noone wants to care anymore, because caring is just a way to dissapoint yourself. its a route to despair. so we are literally sneering at ourselves, trying to enjoy ourselves to death. its pretty sick. how can you resist?

i think its safe to say based on what neuroscience is finding out that what makes us feel good about ourselves is totally entwined with lifestyles that destroy others.

so even our own brains are immoral.

its worse than religion because in religion you can repent unless you are the devil.

IRL i think we're literally locked inside darwinian replicator machines that we can't stop.

give me enough money or carbs or whatever and i wont even feel bad about this shit anymore.

we cant even trust our own minds.

that is jampacked with info, i enjoy reading it, but i'm struggling to find a definition. the good = fair distribution of resources + no war or murder?

no, i'm not playing games here. i'm just trying to understand your morality so i can understand the nihilism that you speak about.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2014, 08:06 PM   #165
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
what more do you want me to say?

good would be no war or murder. fair resource distribution, the breaking up of copyright and intellectual property monopolies. peaceful coexistence.

people should start life with enough resources to not have to be coerced into or voluntarily seek exploitative economic/social/sexual relationships.

even if we had a law that functioned properly and actually punished those that lie us into war etc. but we dont.

representative democracy is a farce. im supposed to vote for a candidate and if the majority votes for someone else, that person is supposed to "represent" my interests. bullshit.

noone can do anything to change this because we're all trapped in a zero sum economic game.

i think we all know what the good is anyway.

the economic inequality of the present is the greatest in history so far, yet there is absolutely no effective programme to change it!

baudrillard again - we're beyond the point of revolution.

i think what's happening to us now is that we're approaching a point where the value of producing a human at all will be recognized as entirely negative. by human i mean prole. the rich have their dynasties and will do just fine.

what NOONE says about global warming is that the best way to reduce your carbon emissions is to die. i think the system of economic rationality we're locked into is approaching some weird moment wherein those of us still inhabiting reality are simply sealed into it as units indistinguishable from their environment. we're totally surveilled, mapped, pre plotted entities. the UK gov got into trouble for suggesting it could tell pensioners when they are likely to die so they could plan for the pensions better.

now the outrage against this disgusts me, because it is folksy immortalism. like that cunt palin spreading lies about death panels.

the fact is that the governments ability to predict when you will die, based on your data, is a process that is increasing in its technical mastery to the point where it will eventually be totally accurate.

so we're progressing towards a system that could solve its environmental issues by simply regulating the production of humans.

you see where this is going?

this is why baudrillard said even death was disappearing.

corporations won't just "own" your data and genome, they'll be able to fucking simulate your existence before it even happens! there will be so much data about exactly what your life would be like, it won't even be profitable for you to be born in the first place.
Old 05.06.2014, 08:07 PM   #166
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i could make me peace with a society in which evil happened, but the law actually functioned properly. it doesnt and it cant. you need a power base to carry it out, and it doesnt have some vantage point from outside the society to actually control it from.
Old 05.06.2014, 08:11 PM   #167
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what more do you want me to say?

good would be no war or murder. fair resource distribution, the breaking up of copyright and intellectual property monopolies. peaceful coexistence.

people should start life with enough resources to not have to be coerced into or voluntarily seek exploitative economic/social/sexual relationships.

even if we had a law that functioned properly and actually punished those that lie us into war etc. but we dont.

representative democracy is a farce. im supposed to vote for a candidate and if the majority votes for someone else, that person is supposed to "represent" my interests. bullshit.

noone can do anything to change this because we're all trapped in a zero sum economic game.

i think we all know what the good is anyway.

alright, thanks.

i think we don't all know what the good is-- i think it's important to realize this. i do believe in the sociobiological origin of morality (rather than philosophical or god-given one) but i think also that there are mutations, and that the human animal is plastic enough to be shaped by culture to a significant extent-- e.g. "i was only obeying orders".

i have to go install a new modem but i'll try responding to the rest in a bit. but thanks for answering. seriously.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2014, 08:18 PM   #168
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

yes, the "only obeying orders" mentality didnt go away with the nazis like we want to think.

it operates in the nhs "im told to give out SSRI's and i wont get punished for following orders, so i can do it."

capitalism functions through this logic "well, if i dont sell these cigarettes, someone else will come along dedicated solely to the profitability of this corporation. so i may as well push it and fuck victims".
Old 05.06.2014, 08:34 PM   #169
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i dont have a problem with where this society is headed, in the posts above where i talk about what the system is progressing towards - this doesnt seem like a HORRIBLE thing to me, its just the fact that i have to fucking LIVE in it that i hate. i hate this fucking pointless life of searching for money so i can sit around and eat.

the rich and those above us on the economic scale - these bastards torture us. i am totally serious when i say that. not just the war and actual torture, its a pyschological war against us. because the fact that we value money for survival - that its the only way we can survive, is what makes THEIR money actually function. its what preserves their power.

they are psychologically torturing us with their regime of mandatory positivity, by forcing us to compete and conform by pursuing what is LITERALLY a supernatural conception of our selves. we can quit smoking, diet, exercise, get that job etc. by wishing it. if we dont its our own fault.

now the fact that we are hamsters in a cage on a wheel trying to outrun the commodity matrix that is neuro-technically engineered to addict us and extract our money - this is not something we can do anything about.

your brain is programmed for obesity by your environment, then your fictional self has to repent on behalf of reality and perform this impossible act of overcoming reality with your will.

really, the logic today is that because you exist everything that happens to you is your own fault. thats why we talk about enjoying life, because we are basically saying "go fucking kill yourself if you dont like it".

we're totally isolated now, we're insane and being driven suicide by this system. and our entertainment is to sneer at each other. thats our only relief.

and the system is moving towards a total nihilism.

at what point does some john stewart like figure just flat out show us footage of people being murdered and dare us to give a shit about it? thats basically whats happening now. everyone would enjoy it. it would be such a relief to be rid of the torment of our humanity. the system will provide this eventually, it will be made more explicit than it is now.

our own fucking corpse is what's really on all the screens. and we're supposed to eat it up and enjoy it.

does anyone else remember the bush/blair era and how our societies morphed into this new totalitarianism?

what a drag.
Old 05.06.2014, 08:35 PM   #170
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
it operates in the nhs "im told to give out SSRI's and i wont get punished for following orders, so i can do it."

my job is to kill if you forget to take your pill..

Old 05.06.2014, 08:40 PM   #171
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

eventually we're going to lose even the little scraps we cling to now.

monsanto seeds that you have to buy again every year because the company has a genomic patent on it.

the rich will engineer themselves - their genome, their environment, their bodies. they'll upgrade their failing organs etc.

i mean, they already are better than us due to their wealth and environment. they can out compete us, or are rich enough not to have to bother to compete in the exhausting destructive way we do.

we're literally obsolete humans wandering around, dying, losing. the only way out of this will be the moment where we don't even need to be produced.

remember that bush staffer that said "we create reality by acting, your job is to document it but by then we'll already have created another one".

proles like us inhabit realities, but those above us in this system are already at the point where they produce them. our realities are becoming obsolete, unprofitable, unnecessary.

we're being replaced by machines. what we are today is kind of like a corpse for the potential commodification of our lives.

the system has my image, my data - soon it will be able to scan my brain.

the data we have today is enough for some potential company to totally plot out my life. what i will do, when i will die, where i will go. this is not sci fi. your neuro data tells more about you than your self.

lets try and hash this out.

you've got google maps of my entire country. you've got every business, every shop, every potential job, every car, environmental data, weather data, everything ive ever said and done online, my position from my phone. you can use this to target advertise. you can totally control me, or rather, access the data that shows how i am nothing but a noise emitting from a totally integral reality system.

you can plot out everything im going to be capable of doing from this already. sure there are contingencies that wont be foreseen, but thats only an absence of data.

you could literally decide it was inefficient to have me in this system at all and remove me.
Old 05.06.2014, 09:44 PM   #172
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

if you want to know what its like to be trapped back in reality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyofadz81J0
Old 05.07.2014, 06:39 AM   #173
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
dood i fuckin love marcy playground no lie ive been listening to them for bout since i was 10 or 11 and im 18 goin on 19 i ask everybody if they have ever herd of marcy playground and they all say no so i introduce everybody to there music i love smokin to this song matter of fact ive taken 3 pauses in writting this comment to rip the bong so doods listen to the melodies of this song and rip the bong my freinds
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2014, 07:15 AM   #174
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
3rd eye blind saved mi life before that jim carrey movie. marcy kender garden playground was just Pavement vocal light. before, rap rock was mi life. "let the bodies drop" was mi theme song before i feed the chickens and grandmama cooked that sweet home made busicuits and egggristswithbutter.

dude, don't get me started on those bongs. my coach said i was just self medicating. gee, i should be a deputy soon. god bless that saviour for giving me the strength and courage to survive bootcamp. i know i can do it pa, before i get mi healthy hearty thick girlfriend preg.

cuntry life is what i live fo.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2014, 07:16 AM   #175
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

I am trying to listen to as much Marcy Playground, Modest Mouse, and Pinback as I can so the moment I get in close range to a gun I will have the balls to pull the trigger because overdosing and hanging myself didn't work. And my sister tryed to kill herself the same day I hung myself and she just broke her back and can't walk so there can be no more attempting only achieving. And I wont lie I am scared to pull the trigger so I have to summon all the pain and hopelessness into 1 moment.
Old 05.07.2014, 07:24 AM   #176
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i smell sex and bad breath and .......booty holes!
Old 05.07.2014, 07:26 AM   #177
foreverasskiss
Banned

Quote:
you know what i think happened? marcy playground released this cd in '97. that's around the time that good bands got lost in the ocean of bullshit pop music that was all over the radio. if they would have released this album in '94 or so, i really think they would have gotten the recognition they deserve.

dude, yr correct because everyone sucked in 97. everyone!!! lame 90's. i wish them away like monica ludencesky.
Old 05.07.2014, 07:31 AM   #178
foreverasskiss
Banned

Portuguese is just spanish nonsense and babble. i thought we all knew that.

leaving behind the cigar insert into vegina hole 90's and entering the 'piss on my 13 yr old fan' 2000's. YAY!!!
Old 05.07.2014, 07:34 AM   #179
foreverasskiss
Banned

Quote:
the early 2000's were my favourite years in music, from 2006 up it just started turning into rihanna, lady gay gay, and talentless people like that. it makes me sick when the top 10 songs of all time are all justin beiber and ke$ha. they dont nearly deserve it. and in 1 year everybodys goinna be tired of all of thier music

bullshitjustinlivesforeverhashtag...ur gay!!! in a friendly way.
Old 05.07.2014, 07:41 AM   #180
foreverasskiss
Banned

Quote:
gay like a fox

wit that thong... thu thu.. thu... thong!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth