Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Stereo Sanctity: Lyrics & Poems - readings and signings
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2015, 02:13 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://pitchfork.com/news/61132-thur...ereo-sanctity/
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2015, 06:29 AM   #2
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
And he'll be in Plymouth on October 15th...

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/Sonic-...ail/story.html

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2015, 06:40 PM   #3
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
On one hand I really want this, on the other hand it'll be over $70 to get one. I'm wondering how much is new content instead of just reprinted lyrics.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2015, 12:56 AM   #4
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
On one hand I really want this, on the other hand it'll be over $70 to get one. I'm wondering how much is new content instead of just reprinted lyrics.

I'd say it is well worth $70. I got mine earlier in the year from LA. It's about 300 pages in total. The first 180 pages are lyrics for every Sonic Youth song that he wrote plus lyrics for his solo/Chelsea light albums. The rest of the book is poems, many of which are new to me.

Old 09.11.2015, 02:10 PM   #5
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
are they only available at the event? or?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2015, 02:43 AM   #6
Spaz617
empty page

Spaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's assesSpaz617 kicks all y'all's asses
are they original pennings of lyrics or are they transcribed in type ?
Spaz617 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2015, 08:01 AM   #7
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz617
are they original pennings of lyrics or are they transcribed in type ?

They are transcribed in type.

I went to the signing he did at Rough Trade in NYC two days ago. Steve was there being the sort of moderator. Although the book was in my opinion too expensive, I would say that it is worth because it is limited edtion. I appreciate now owning a book that contains his lyrics even though I know most of them by heart. A lot of his songwriting has always come out of his love of poetry and generally speaking, I've never been much of a poetry person but I almost prefer the poetry half of the book more than the lyrics because it's less familiar to me. There are a few poems in there that I'm already familiar with because they were published in Alabama Wildman, which is probably my favorite book that he has ever published.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2015, 05:24 AM   #8
stu666
Super Moderator

https://www.acehotel.com/calendar/lo...tereo-sanctity

Old 02.01.2016, 06:15 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
They still have a couple of copies at Rough Trade in NYC when I was there Sunday, I think they were $56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
They are transcribed in type.

I went to the signing he did at Rough Trade in NYC two days ago. Steve was there being the sort of moderator. Although the book was in my opinion too expensive, I would say that it is worth because it is limited edtion. I appreciate now owning a book that contains his lyrics even though I know most of them by heart. A lot of his songwriting has always come out of his love of poetry and generally speaking, I've never been much of a poetry person but I almost prefer the poetry half of the book more than the lyrics because it's less familiar to me. There are a few poems in there that I'm already familiar with because they were published in Alabama Wildman, which is probably my favorite book that he has ever published.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2016, 06:30 PM   #10
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I want my limited edition Sonic Youth reunion to be stopped at 56 copies exactly. Any number higher than that and I will vomit to the memories of when I've heard Husker Du for the first time in Atlanta.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2016, 06:35 PM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I want my face to be covered in dots. Just to remind myself that I have dots somewhere. And the music. Yes, the music. David Bowie.
Old 02.01.2016, 06:38 PM   #12
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

I grew up in Wisconsin but I've been bored in London and New York for the past 10 minutes. Do you like poetry and rock and roll history?
Old 02.01.2016, 06:41 PM   #13
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Patti Smith is infused with that music scent. I understand that scent. It's music.
Old 02.01.2016, 06:44 PM   #14
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

The Germs had bad BO but I felt like a girl and an artist for the first time.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth